Allow easier reordering of blueprint items in 1.0

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Allow easier reordering of blueprint items in 1.0

Post by AngledLuffa »

If I open a blueprint book, the various blueprints in it are apparently fixed in a specific order. There's no easy way to rearrange them in version 1.0. Previous versions would let you insert a blueprint in between two existing blueprints, which was more than enough to allow pretty much any rearrangement needed.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Allow easier reordering of blueprint items in 1.0

Post by ssilk »

Similar
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89200 Toggle to Autosort Blueprints?

Hm, I thought there is another thread, but didn’t found it...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Allow easier reordering of blueprint items in 1.0

Post by SoShootMe »

AngledLuffa wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:57 am
If I open a blueprint book, the various blueprints in it are apparently fixed in a specific order. There's no easy way to rearrange them in version 1.0. Previous versions would let you insert a blueprint in between two existing blueprints, which was more than enough to allow pretty much any rearrangement needed.
This would be good, in combination with:
  • A button to remove all empty slots in the current view, moving items left/up.
  • A button to do the same, and also order the blueprints/books alphabetically by label.
  • A method to insert an empty slot. (Right click between slots to insert one to the right?)
  • A method to remove a single empty slot, moving items left/up. (Right click on an empty slot?)
The most intuitive thing to support rearranging (when you have nothing in your hand) would be "drag and drop": drag a blueprint/book and it "pushes" slots (full or empty) to make space for the dragged item, which then stays where it is when you stop dragging. But to make this work, picking up a blueprint/book would need to change from "on click" to "on release".
ssilk wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 am
Similar
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89200 Toggle to Autosort Blueprints?
Saw this as I was about to post... I'd say related but not similar: apart from the explicit sort button, what I've written (which includes the OP's suggestion) is about making it easier to arrange things when you don't want it to be just alphabetical.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”