Carbon Dioxide, suddenly I need limestone for Calcium Chloride?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Carbon Dioxide, suddenly I need limestone for Calcium Chloride?

Post by TheTom »

Last Upgrade broke my Calcium Chloride line.

Suddenly I am supposed to turn stone into Limestone with Carbon Dioxide as secondary output there.

No problem, except: What the heck is Carbon Dioxide used for? Yes, I can void it, but - it is not like bob to have an output that is good for nothing and I seem to find not a single recipe taking it as input.

Is that possibly a bug (from angel integration)? Or is something planned that will use it?

I onl remember non bob mod related updates the last days (rampant, LTN) - and I do not find anything in the change log?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Carbon Dioxide, suddenly I need limestone for Calcium Chloride?

Post by bobingabout »

TheTom wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:23 am
Last Upgrade broke my Calcium Chloride line.

Suddenly I am supposed to turn stone into Limestone with Carbon Dioxide as secondary output there.

No problem, except: What the heck is Carbon Dioxide used for? Yes, I can void it, but - it is not like bob to have an output that is good for nothing and I seem to find not a single recipe taking it as input.

Is that possibly a bug (from angel integration)? Or is something planned that will use it?

I onl remember non bob mod related updates the last days (rampant, LTN) - and I do not find anything in the change log?
It is added by bobrevamp's extra chemistry mode.

look at the option, it has a tooltip that tells you the recipes it changes.

These changes can be anything from... changing an ingredient (to require Lime instead of Stone for example), or adding more steps to the chain (Lithium perchlorate is now made from Sodium perchlorate, so you need to make sodium perchlorate first)

If you want to turn it off, note that Nitrogen Dioxide will change to just require Nitrogen and Oxygen instead of Ammonia, so, with the option on or off, something somewhere is likely to break. and I did apologise about this in the general discussion topic.

Anyway, the question, What is Carbon Dioxide used for? Well, not a whole lot, it's only used for 1 thing in the RTG chain (which you probably won't want to make yet unless you're experimenting because they're not used for anything yet), so you'll probably just want to vent it.
And it seems that, because carbon dioxide are also byproducts in that chain, so if you feed this back to the input, you only need a little CO2 to kickstart the factory, so once it's up and running, you'll probably want to vent all CO2 anyway.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Pat4yczek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pat4yczek »

Co2 could be used as productivity bonus to making Wood, but greenhouse should be redesigned by adding 2 input/output pipe valve...
And add some function when Co2 is delivered, then productivity bonus is turn on

Crafter127
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crafter127 »

I agree that it's unlike Bob's to add (mostly) useless products; I know now CO2 is necessary to make reactors, but CO2 piles up way too fast for it to be used.

I also agree CO2 could be used in greenhouses, or it even could be electrolyzed to make carbon and oxygen, it'd be costly, but at least we'd have a way to deal with it besides venting it.
Venting has always seemed like a last resort to me: "I know this is important, and I'll need it later, but I can't deal with it right now, I guess I'll just vent it" is the way I like to think about it, having a product meant to be vented seems off to me, specially since it pollutes so very much.

Besides that, thank you so very much for making Bob's mods, I've poured around 700 happy hours to it along a couple of years.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Crafter127 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:14 pm
I agree that it's unlike Bob's to add (mostly) useless products; I know now CO2 is necessary to make reactors, but CO2 piles up way too fast for it to be used.

I also agree CO2 could be used in greenhouses, or it even could be electrolyzed to make carbon and oxygen, it'd be costly, but at least we'd have a way to deal with it besides venting it.
Venting has always seemed like a last resort to me: "I know this is important, and I'll need it later, but I can't deal with it right now, I guess I'll just vent it" is the way I like to think about it, having a product meant to be vented seems off to me, specially since it pollutes so very much.

Besides that, thank you so very much for making Bob's mods, I've poured around 700 happy hours to it along a couple of years.
In this case, it is meant to be vented. The recipe that produces the CO2 has a pollution multiplier of 0 to compensate for the CO2 needing to be vented. The process where you actually use CO2 uses the other products too, so basically... if the factory producing CO2 is part of the RTG chain, you need it, if it isn't, you should just vent it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”