Moderator: pyanodon

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by Blokus »

dan96kid wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:44 am
Any reason why most of the mk2-4 buildings are disabled? I'm asking cause I was messing around and noticed that mk2-4 versions of most of the buildings exist, they're uncraftable.
Do you have examples? There are some that this is normal (because they only got their variations fleshed out in PyAL), but most of them should have all variants.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Blokus wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:03 am
dan96kid wrote:
Any reason why most of the mk2-4 buildings are disabled? I'm asking cause I was messing around and noticed that mk2-4 versions of most of the buildings exist, they're uncraftable.
Do you have examples? There are some that this is normal (because they only got their variations fleshed out in PyAL), but most of them should have all variants.
a good chunk also dont get unlocked unless pyrawores is active.

dan96kid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dan96kid »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:37 am
Blokus wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:03 am
dan96kid wrote:
a good chunk also dont get unlocked unless pyrawores is active.
I kinda figured it out. Py Raw Ores needs to be active to use the mk2-4 variations of the buildings in Py Coal Processing without using any console commands to spawn them in. Without Py Raw Ores, the mk2-4 buildings still exist and are functional, but are not craftable. I'm guessing Py Alien Life is also needed if you want to use the mk2-4 buildings in Py Fusion Energy..

evanrinehart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by evanrinehart »

Hi new player here. Just some feedback on the glassworks at the beginning of the game.

After initially building a glassworks and selecting a recipe, it's not clear what goes in the unmarked pipe. It's unmarked if you have ALT help enabled. The recipe for molten glass also doesn't mention anything about this input. By itself this wouldn't be that bad if I could easily have figured out the right input fluid.

However, because to mine tin you need steam, the first thing I tried was to input steam into that unmarked glassworks input. This was before I even discovered coal gas or anything. The result for steam is pretty bad. Steam from boilers seems to disappear into a black hole and produce no molten glass progress whatsoever. I tried for a while to increase my steam to see if it did anything, but it did not.

So I went looking on the forum to see if anyone had the same experience. This thread had some discussion about absurd glassworks energy usage. It took a good amount of reading to realize that you could supply coal gas (and I presume many other things) into this slot.

Another thing. This learning experience led me to look through the "fuel liquids" list in the game. Steam is not listed as a fuel, which makes sense. But then why am I allowed to supply it to the glassworks, with a confusing and useless result?

After supplying coal gas it produces molten glass and doesn't stand out as using too much energy at all. What a confluence of confusion!

So I think not accepting steam would help. Some help or tip regarding the "mystery input" would help too.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Fuel input have no way to have indication. its a factorio limitation not mine. These kind of inputs will accept any liquids. also other factorio limitations, not ours. Glassworks wont have their consuption changed.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

evanrinehart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by evanrinehart »

Hi noticed the regenerative heat exchanger has a pollution of 50/m whereas most buildings have 0.06/m. Seems a bit odd for this particular kind of building to pollute a lot while dumping random unburned gas into the atmosphere doesn't. So it might be an oversight.

If py mods generally want to ignore pollution as some people have mentioned, the tailings pond description about pollution seems a bit misleading. I still haven't seen it produce any pollution.

Sorry wrong thread. Also I was informed that the pond does produce extensive pollution as advertised if you try to fill it with (any) gas.
Last edited by evanrinehart on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

evanrinehart wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:53 pm
Hi noticed the regenerative heat exchanger has a pollution of 50/m whereas most buildings have 0.06/m. Seems a bit odd for this particular kind of building to pollute a lot while dumping random unburned gas into the atmosphere doesn't. So it might be an oversight.

If py mods generally want to ignore pollution as some people have mentioned, the tailings pond description about pollution seems a bit misleading. I still haven't seen it produce any pollution.
This is PyPH, not PyCP.

kots01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kots01 »

Hi guys!

There are a few small suggestions for you to consider:
1. Add an alternative recipe for the landfill. Gravel and sand warehouses fill up periodically and it would be nice to send this to a landfill especially if the map has large patches of water.
2. Fuel. Reduce acceleration and maximum speed for some fuels (coal, coal dust, coke, etc.) because there is no difference between them and, for example, fuel rods mk-01 or coal briquettes.
3. Locomotives. Reduce the efficiency of locomotives. A fully fueled locomotive can travel far enough. All the same, logistics is a costly thing. Thank!

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

pyanodon wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:40 pm
Fuel input have no way to have indication. its a factorio limitation not mine. These kind of inputs will accept any liquids. also other factorio limitations, not ours. Glassworks wont have their consuption changed.
Although I'm sure it won't fix everyone's confusion, maybe the Glassworks description "Works with any fluid with a fuel value." could be changed to "Will require any fluid with a fuel value into the unlabeled fluid input."

DudebroPyro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DudebroPyro »

I'm about to start a full Py playthrough, and I noticed this mod has an option to use "pyanodon resource generation". But I can't find any solid info on it anywhere. Is it an official and recommended resource generation method, designed to work with Py's resources and gameplay balancing? But it was turned off by default, which makes me wonder whether it's perhaps an experimental option of sorts?
Also, if enabled, how would that affect RSO - does it need to be disabled, or can they extend each other, or could I e.g. use RSO biter gen with py resource gen?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DudebroPyro wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 pm
I'm about to start a full Py playthrough, and I noticed this mod has an option to use "pyanodon resource generation". But I can't find any solid info on it anywhere. Is it an official and recommended resource generation method, designed to work with Py's resources and gameplay balancing? But it was turned off by default, which makes me wonder whether it's perhaps an experimental option of sorts?
Also, if enabled, how would that affect RSO - does it need to be disabled, or can they extend each other, or could I e.g. use RSO biter gen with py resource gen?
it does not work at all with rso. its not even that good. its an old option from before the base game updated the resource autoplace resources would overlap each other and only the top one would get spawned. its not really needed anymore and im going to remove it in the next update.

DudebroPyro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DudebroPyro »

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm
it does not work at all with rso. its not even that good. its an old option from before the base game updated the resource autoplace resources would overlap each other and only the top one would get spawned. its not really needed anymore and im going to remove it in the next update.
Ah cheers, thanks for the info! So I'll stick with my usual preferred generation then.

futilityd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by futilityd »

Hi! I'm having some trouble disposing of 60 degree steam.

I'm using a coal gas recipe in an FTS reactor - it takes zinc chloride, heavy oil and water, and produces coal gas, tar and 60 degree steam. I'd like to get rid of the steam. It won't vent in the py-GasVent, so I've hooked it up to a py-SinkHole. That almost seems to work - the steam enters the sinkhole, but the sinkhole never disposes of the steam - it just accumulates in the sinkhole, up to the max of 100k - I have to manually empty the fluid system periodically by clicking on a pipe instead. Mousing over the sinkhole tells me Status is: No recipe, contents are 100k of steam, and products finished is zero. I'm using pycoalprocessing 1.8.5. Is there another way I should be getting rid of this product?

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

Use a cooling tower.

This will turn the steam into water, and can be fed back into the FTS. It will effectively self sustain once the system is charged with water.

The same system can be used on a number of other buildings including the power house.

[EDIT]
This will form a closed system, so once you have filled it with water, remove the supply. Otherwise the water side of the cooling tower will not be able to discharge.
Last edited by Squelch on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

futilityd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by futilityd »

Thank you, you're right, a cooling tower did the trick :)

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

You're welcome :)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

if you really want to get rid of the water use a tailings pond

PhoenixNX2027
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PhoenixNX2027 »

Hello! I recently started playing with Py Mods, and noticed that they seem to produce a *very* high pitched noise from the machines. Anyone know what's up with that? Most people won't hear it, due to not perfect hearing/speakers, but it gives me quite the headache...

waitofaiorur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by waitofaiorur »

The high pitched sound is really painful. I posted an issue about it: https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalprocessing/issues/75

dzbanek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dzbanek »

Hey, py coal just got updated but I still have a problem with locked technology, as I posted here.
I'm playing with
coal processing
fusion energy
industry
I'm trying to make a chemical science pack, which needs nexelit plate wich is hiding behind Coal processing 3 which is chemical science technology. I can't progress, any help?
I digged a little deeper and I noticed that it has already been reported twice, 8 months and 12 days ago.

Is this collection of py mods playable? Is it going to be fixed?

Return to “PyMods”