any help with this blue circuit

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

any help with this blue circuit

Post by factoriobiker »

it is not fast enough, it is hard to produce it in large quantity....cause somehow i need to bring steel plate, plastic, copper cable and sulphuric acid....
is ther e abetter blueprint then mine?

https://pasteboard.co/JppsN2V.png

I also let the green circuit assembly load directly into red and red into blue....is that the best scenario?

Moo Rhy
Inserter
Inserter

Re: any help with this blue circuit

Post by Moo Rhy »

One general tip: don't put cables on belts. They need double the space of plates and are fast and easy to produces. They can always be directly fed into the following assamblers. Especially with processing units that need 80 cables per piece your cable belt will be your bottle neck. With that red belt you can only supply 5 PU assemblers.

Instead I think it's better to make red circuits in an external plant. One full yellow belt is good enough for anything in the early game and will supply a decent amount of PUs. Green circuits can also be made seperatly like I did in my current game but can also feed directly into the PU assemblers. I'm currently working on a blueprint that does this.

And as always: If your current production is too slow remove the bottleneck and build more.
Factorio 1.0.0 23.08.2020 11_45_43.png
Factorio 1.0.0 23.08.2020 11_45_43.png (6.25 MiB) Viewed 2104 times
Factorio 1.0.0 03.09.2020 22_59_37.png
Factorio 1.0.0 03.09.2020 22_59_37.png (2.94 MiB) Viewed 2104 times

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriobiker »

i dont understand dont put cables on belts?

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriobiker »

i saw some blueprints for purple flasks, where you copy the code, but how you use it in game?

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Your setup isn’t horrible, it’s a great effort. Remember the recipe for blue circuits is 20 green and 2 red plus acid, so as you’ve built it, your 1 blue circuit assembler is never going to produce very quickly.
That being said, all of your supply lines except plastic look to be starved. So as is the case in Factorio, you need more iron and copper plates, meaning (probably) more furnaces and (also probably) more mining machines.
Fill all your supply lines and then your one machine will produce at it’s maximum capacity.
As is true in all of factorio, build more of everything.

Edit... Please resist the urge to go get blueprints, try to figure it out on your own, you will have more fun and actually learn how to play this great game.

Moo Rhy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Moo Rhy »

factoriobiker wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 pm
i dont understand dont put cables on belts?
If you look at the production ratios you will see first that you get 2 cables from 1 copper plate. That means you need double the amount of belts/trains/whatever if you want to transport cables instead of plates over larger distances. This makes it very inefficient to do so. But very efficient to feed cables directly because of the fast work cycle and output of each cable assembler. Also you get pleasant ratios. For example:
3 Copper cable factories → 2 Electronic circuit factories
2 Copper cable factories MK2 → 2 Electronic circuit factories MK1
1 Copper cable factory MK 1 → 4 Advanced circuit factories MK 2
Factorio 1.0.0 03.09.2020 23_26_32.png
Factorio 1.0.0 03.09.2020 23_26_32.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 2094 times

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriobiker »

i see thank you

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

If you do direct insertion, then insert green into blue. You need 20 green circuits in 10 seconds. Or 2 per second. Which is exactly what 1 GC assembler produces.
But you need 1.2 red circuit assemblers for 1 blue circuit assembler.

The ratio for copper cable to green circuits is 3 : 2. That's a prime candidate for direction insertion as well. People say you should never belt copper cable. But it's fine doing it for red circuits. Because it crafts so slow. A half belt of copper cable is exactly what you need to go with a half belt of green circuits and a half belt of plastic (I put the copper for it on the same belt as the cable actually). But belting it for green circuits is bad because of the 0.5 second crafting time. It's just too much material in a short time.

So you can do 2 : 2 : 3 (blue circuits : green circuits : copper cable) with direct insertion and belt in the red circuits

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriobiker »

i came to purple flasks stage now in the game, it is too much, i cant even grasp my mind around it

Return to “Gameplay Help”