Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by kingarthur »

valneq wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:51 pm
FritzHugo3 wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm

655 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to pressed big woodblocks. Is ok from researching but ist slow and realy not so eficient like coal ore from trees.

516 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to Charcoal to carbon, you need the most technologies an machines

835 MJ very fast and efficient from wood to normal coalore to cocks to carbon and you dont need musch researching technologies
I don't understand the question / the issue.
theres a recipe from bobs mods that allows 2 wood to be cooked into 1 coal. i know its bobs as i was looking at only bobs mods earlier and its there.

going from 2 wood->1 coal->carbon makes for energy value than the wood blocks or making wood -> charcoal -> carbon.

tl:dr bob wood to coal is not balanced to angels processes for wood

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:02 am
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:51 pm
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm

655 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to pressed big woodblocks. Is ok from researching but ist slow and realy not so eficient like coal ore from trees.

516 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to Charcoal to carbon, you need the most technologies an machines

835 MJ very fast and efficient from wood to normal coalore to cocks to carbon and you dont need musch researching technologies
I don't understand the question / the issue.
theres a recipe from bobs mods that allows 2 wood to be cooked into 1 coal. i know its bobs as i was looking at only bobs mods earlier and its there.

going from 2 wood->1 coal->carbon makes for energy value than the wood blocks or making wood -> charcoal -> carbon.

tl:dr bob wood to coal is not balanced to angels processes for wood
Thanks, yes, thats exact my point.
Infinity Coal ore plus more efficient + cheaper + easier to research infront to the path for the wood-blocks (didnt know the correct name, i think you know what i mean - maybe woodbrikets or so)

Mhh when its from bob, i dont know how we handle this. Should i ask bob for this? I have apsolut no idear how the work with other authors and mods work among themselves. I think this recipe 2 wood = 1 Coal are to cheap compared with the angels recieps or not?
200 woods = 655 MJ with Angel reciep ( + its harder to research)
200 woods = 835 MJ with the 2 treelogs = 1 coal -> carbon (the hole process are realy fast and you ned i thin 1/3 for mass production infront the Angels Reciep and is easier to reserch)

By the way
And no, i need only the greenhouse and the seedmaker to make wood logs (for the updates the seedmaker was a assambler and we havent ironblades. Ok know its minimum more expensive for the little ironblades) (dont know, also from bob? i have absolut no idear. Mouseover named the most time more than one modname over items and buildings
Last edited by FritzHugo3 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:10 am

Mhh when its from bob, i dont know how we handle this. Should i ask bob for this?
no this on angels mods to remove or adjust. angel mods are the ones that do all the balance tweaks to bobs stuff to work with the mods. ill get with the rest of the team and make sure its accounted for.

uzmn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by uzmn »

Hi everyone.
I've met possible bug.

I'm currently playing Sea Block with combination with Transport Drones mod (Angels Petrochem v. 9.13; Construction Drones v. 7.12)

So I'm trying to use cooling system for casting various metals. Delivering fresh coolant by TDrone a collect used one as well. And cool and clean used coolant in one central facility.
And here is the problem. For some reason the temperature of used coolant drops in the pipe connecting TDrones supply depot with first cooling tower (check the picture).
The system blocks and I have to manually drop the pipe content to restart the process. It happens in situations when the depot is empty and the cargo is on the way.
Is it possible I do something wrong? Or it's a bug?
Thanks a lot for any help. That's the tiny detail which make me uncomfortable, you know...
Dropped temperature situation
Dropped temperature situation
used_coolant.jpg (64.12 KiB) Viewed 5016 times

mgla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mgla »

Hi,

I noticed that angels refining does disable some default map generation options, all of which are enabled by default.

Code: Select all

map_settings.pollution.enabled = false
  map_settings.enemy_evolution.enabled = false
  map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = false
This does not seem intentional, and always happens if angelsexploration is not enabled. I believe it is a bug.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:14 am

Mhh when its from bob, i dont know how we handle this. Should i ask bob for this?
no this on angels mods to remove or adjust. angel mods are the ones that do all the balance tweaks to bobs stuff to work with the mods. ill get with the rest of the team and make sure its accounted for.
I don't think this is an actual balance issue: Bob's recipe 2 wood (4 MJ)-> 1 coal (4 MJ) is energetically neutral. The only energy benefits are introduced via recipes from Angel's mods.

I still think that the baseline of the problem is not the processing chains, but the fact that Bob's Greenhouse is still OP, even after it was nerfed. With Bob's Greenhouse it might be viable to use wood as the starting point for energy production, but without Bob's Greenhouse it absolutely is not.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

uzmn wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi everyone.
I've met possible bug.

I'm currently playing Sea Block with combination with Transport Drones mod (Angels Petrochem v. 9.13; Construction Drones v. 7.12)

So I'm trying to use cooling system for casting various metals. Delivering fresh coolant by TDrone a collect used one as well. And cool and clean used coolant in one central facility.
And here is the problem. For some reason the temperature of used coolant drops in the pipe connecting TDrones supply depot with first cooling tower (check the picture).
The system blocks and I have to manually drop the pipe content to restart the process. It happens in situations when the depot is empty and the cargo is on the way.
Thanks a lot for any help. That's the tiny detail which make me uncomfortable, you know...
used_coolant.jpg
I am not sure Angel's mods can do anything about this. It is either an issue with the base game or some kind of issue with Transport Drones. But maybe an actual Dev can comment on this.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

mgla wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:57 pm
Hi,

I noticed that angels refining does disable some default map generation options, all of which are enabled by default.

map_settings.pollution.enabled = false
  map_settings.enemy_evolution.enabled = false
  map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = false
This does not seem intentional, and always happens if angelsexploration is not enabled. I believe it is a bug.
No, this is intended. It's in the changelogs:
Angel's Refining 0.11.14 wrote: - Biter balance: (291)
- Biters are by default disabled when playing without angels exploration. There is a setting
in case you want to re-enable biters anyway. For optimizations, pollution cloud and biter
evolution is turned off in this case.
- Increased starting area size
Angel's Refining 0.11.16 wrote: - Biter balance (354):
- Biter received an additional map gen setting to choose the size of biters between none and
the 'normal' amount. The 'normal' amount is still defined (and controllable) with the
settings that are available in the base game.
- Removed the old setting solution as this is now replaced with a more tweakable and usable
solution

mgla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mgla »

Okay. Maybe put a more prominent notice in the mod description. I believe the default behavior breaks the default behavior of other mods, like RSO. I have not fully tested it.

I spend a while to find out which mod was disabling the default settings, in order to decide if I can turn it back on without breaking things.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:27 pm
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:14 am

I don't think this is an actual balance issue: Bob's recipe 2 wood (4 MJ)-> 1 coal (4 MJ) is energetically neutral. The only energy benefits are introduced via recipes from Angel's mods.

I still think that the baseline of the problem is not the processing chains, but the fact that Bob's Greenhouse is still OP, even after it was nerfed. With Bob's Greenhouse it might be viable to use wood as the starting point for energy production, but without Bob's Greenhouse it absolutely is not.
This is not the point.
if you have 200 Wood logs and a cheaper, faster processway + much more Energy at the end
Or you have the same 200 Wood logs and make the big woodblock/bricks (how ever it named in english) and have more a slower output (need more mashines) for a much worser Energy at the end.

And now the greenhouse output are so extremely nurved i have frightened me.
But its not the point.
200 Logs are 200 logs - its anyway where come this logs - and a easier way are more eficient than a more complicated way.

"
I don't think this is an actual balance issue: Bob's recipe 2 wood (4 MJ)-> 1 coal (4 MJ) is energetically neutral. The only energy benefits are introduced via recipes from Angel's mods."
This is totaly not right in the hole process. For 24 logs with Woodbrics way = 80MJ, with 24 logs with coal way (its not more mashines, its easier to do and 3 time faster) you get 108MJ (plus you get slug)

(The badest think are the charecoal way. Becouse you need same processtime, have the lowest energyoutput and you need the most mashines. dont know, why this should anybody use for. But this only by the way)?

And over all, i think coal are an ore and ore from a tree it makes no sense for me and for coal there are a tone of other processes that unbalaced it. I found Ores should be only for mining

Sorry my english are crazy bad, but you can watch the Mapsavegame and the experimental setup.
(have bob, angel, aai and some other where i think they dont care)

But anyway. I think i have explained it enougth. Is this a reason to chance anything or not its not on me. people have different opinions - all is good ;-).

nagua
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nagua »

orzelek wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 pm
Bug in the industry mod with blocks on:
Algae farm 2 has production block 3 in recipe, all other blocks are 1. Seems like misspelling somewhere since block 3 is orange tech.
I also have this problem and it seems that this really is an oversight.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:30 pm
uzmn wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi everyone.
I've met possible bug.

used_coolant.jpg
I am not sure Angel's mods can do anything about this. It is either an issue with the base game or some kind of issue with Transport Drones. But maybe an actual Dev can comment on this.
this is likely an issue with transport drones not accounting for temp in fluids so they get reset to the default temp just like if you barrel a fluid.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

I was making a very small compatibility mod with Ealry3x3Furnace, that only change the recipe from electronic-block2 to electronic-block0, which works just fine using this code in the data-final-fixes

if (mods["Early-3x3-Electric-Furnaces"]) then
    if (mods["angelsindustries"]) then
        data.raw.recipe["primitive-electric-furnace"].ingredients = {
          {"stone-furnace", 1},
          {"block-electronics-0", 1},
          {"iron-plate", 1}
        }
    end
end
but whenever I pick them up, I got the electronic-block2 instead of 0.
How can I make that drop the electronic-block0?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sworn wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:12 am
I was making a very small compatibility mod with Ealry3x3Furnace, that only change the recipe from electronic-block2 to electronic-block0, which works just fine using this code in the data-final-fixes

if (mods["Early-3x3-Electric-Furnaces"]) then
    if (mods["angelsindustries"]) then
        data.raw.recipe["primitive-electric-furnace"].ingredients = {
          {"stone-furnace", 1},
          {"block-electronics-0", 1},
          {"iron-plate", 1}
        }
    end
end
but whenever I pick them up, I got the electronic-block2 instead of 0.
How can I make that drop the electronic-block0?
pretty sure you have to change the mining results for that

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:09 am
Yah, do you have an example of it? I was trying to find it in the angels mods but I got real lost there

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Sworn wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:46 pm
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:09 am
Yah, do you have an example of it? I was trying to find it in the angels mods but I got real lost there
Add
log(serpent.block(data.raw.recipe["primitive-electric-furnace"]))
and you have the perfect example. Or check the wiki for the full specs: https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype_definitions

UNIT
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UNIT »

so ive installed angels mods and ive got 60 hours in this save and i seem to have done all the research for the oils and gasses, but there is no way to make perchloric acid. ive got FNEI and it doesnt give me any recepes either.
i need it to make rocket boosters.
currently im making rocket boosters with ammonium nitrate, but on that production chain i am producing a lot of cellulose pulp, which i cannot use for anything.
its only used to make nilous paper and i have no idea what thats used for.
so im stuck here constantly having to destroy my storage chests because all of the cellulose pulp keeps clogging up my rocket booster production.
am i missing some mod that allows me to make perchloric acid? and if so, which one?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

UNIT wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:07 am
so ive installed angels mods and ive got 60 hours in this save and i seem to have done all the research for the oils and gasses, but there is no way to make perchloric acid. ive got FNEI and it doesnt give me any recepes either.
currently im making rocket boosters with ammonium nitrate, but on that production chain i am producing a lot of cellulose pulp, which i cannot use for anything.
so im stuck here constantly having to destroy my storage chests because all of the cellulose pulp keeps clogging up my rocket booster production.
am i missing some mod that allows me to make perchloric acid? and if so, which one?
can you send in a save to sync mods and settings. looking at the code there should be a recipe for it.

UNIT
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UNIT »

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:34 am
can you send in a save to sync mods and settings. looking at the code there should be a recipe for it.
how do i do that ?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:39 am
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:34 am
how do i do that ?
pick your favorite cloud service and upload it and ether paste the link in a post here or dm it to me. if you need to find the save folder heres a wiki page with info. https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory

Return to β€œAngels Mods”