Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by FritzHugo3 »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:39 pm
Open the research menu, click on „Pflanzenanbau 1“, hover over it and click ctrl-shift-F. A window will pop up that tells you the internal name.
WOW, what is this all huge information there. A lot of thx. Good to know this.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:44 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:15 am
Can you upload a save for me? On the factorio wiki it is explained where you can find your save files. You can upload it here or on github.
What stand in the wiki are not helpfull, the right path are not stand there.
Mods and save folder can find here on windows: C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\
dont know why wiki say this not.

I dont know you need my mods. So i ziped it for you too with the savegame on my webspace. Please say if i can deleted it becouse you have it downloaded.

http://bodenseejugend.de/Temporaeres_zu ... ctorio.zip
First of all, the wiki literally tell you that %APPDATA% is the shorthand location.
2020-08-25_183308.png
2020-08-25_183308.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 5030 times
Secondly, thanks for your upload, I've downloaded it and uploaded it on github. I need a save file to easily reproduce this (and ability to synchronize mods and mod settings), as I could not reproduce this with only angels mods/ BA mods. I do believe this is a compatibility issue with AAI. It seems that AAI is disabling all washing technologies, and such the technology 'Farming 1' cannot be researched, as it is still has a prerequisite on Washing 1 technology.
doria_ wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:34 am
lovely_santa wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:13 pm
tobinyehle@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 pm
I'm playing without bobs mods, and I can't seem to research the advanced steel smelting process, maybe because of missing required techs that aren't there without bobs installed?

steel-fail.png
Fixed for the next release! It was a missing manganese prerequisite that didn't remove correctly.
2020-08-20_160603.png
doria_ wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 am
When Angel's Refining and BOB are together, Spar Treatment 2 cannot be studied, indicating that the pre-research has not been completed.
We did some work on those technologies in the next release, and I can't seem to reproduce this, so it might be fixed. Can you upload a save file so I can double check with your mods?
Is the latest version of the game
Thanks for the save! This is fixed for the next release of angels refining. It was not removing the washing 2 prerequisite when playing without angels smelting.
2020-08-25_192457.png
2020-08-25_192457.png (80.09 KiB) Viewed 5016 times
Last edited by lovely_santa on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

simdimdim
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by simdimdim »

Whats the status of enriched fuel blocks, still broken?

Nevermind. Turned out I was missing bob's revamp mod (entirely) (which in turn caused the unavailability of enriched fuel blocks)

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:36 pm
lovely_santa wrote: ↑
It seems that AAI is disabling all washing technologies, and such the technology 'Farming 1' cannot be researched, as it is still has a prerequisite on Washing 1 technology.
Can i disable AAI for a while to research and after this i activate AAI again or i have than broken all of my Savegame?

EDIT: Ok i testet it. Without AAI (same savegame) i cant find a previusly tecnology and yes - it brokes my complete nases smile. From the energy pilars to i dont not all. ;-).
So first, it have no effecs in a old savegame to disable AAI or second, its not AAI i think.

If you write "cant reproduce this", you have had an clean modfolder and only my complete modfolder for reproduce? If the answer yes - that are strange.

Mhh and yes, washing are complete not in the searchtree
I deactivate so long other mods if i can find the washing 1, maybe i find the bad mod.

EDIT2:
I have deactivated ALL other mods. Only Angels (and basic vanila "mod") - there are no washing (but also no resign smile)
So ok, test with all Angels and all Bobs = no washing at research tree - no washing at old savegame

BUT if i made a new map - there is washing!

Thats realy stupid smile. mhhhh. Any idear why on a new map it worked and an one week savegame not?

EDIT3:
So, i have activatet ALL my mods - lod it with the savegame = no washing (have made this new world for max. a week ago)
I made a complete new world now and tadaaaa ther are washing and smiles on me.

How can this work?

(im a little bit lucky that i have made a picture so you dont think im a total idiod smile)

Edit4:
I have made some tests with new worlds and i cant reproduce the error too. i absolut dont know whats hapened.
But i have loaded my old savegame and have click on restart map - normaly the same map comes only with different oreplaces but the island are normalie the same - or not? But now if i load my savegame (its an green fine island) and restart this map - there comes desert new islad.

Its absolut crazy.

I think my old gamesave are broken and i must restart a new world but its no likely if i dont know why does this error come and could it come again.
Any idears?

EDIT5: Have find the all first savegame from my game, i made it always directly after i find a nice seed - here washing are not there. So i think here are any mistace happened bye the worldgenerations process - but why this can break science i dont know.
You want to have the savegame from the world at the beginning for interest?

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:36 pm
First of all, the wiki literally tell you that %APPDATA% is the shorthand location.
Yes i know. But i hate it and dont use it. Im old, i come from a time there was only one full directly path, in a time there was no romaing or shortcut/fake folder/path. A time who a game are in one installfolder and not save in roaming, comfigs in local, the foldersname was the gamename and not a number in Steam where you can't give individual path.

And if people search at a homepage, the people read and search for the last folder from a path with /save. So you must read ALL the text to find this.

Now if you have 10 installed games. Two gamesavefolder are in userdocuments-my games, three in Roaming, other in steam/common/gamename, the next are in a complete other folder in C:\Program Files (x86) (but the normal gamedata are any other place)
Not all people have the searchbar on start, not everybody knows whats to do with %apdata..
Or the all unvisible and fake windowsfolder. i hate it so much.
If there where a reboot for winXP with a technical actual stand, i would have this. For me, its the cleanest, fastest and usefullest Windows, what i know. No trash software, no spyware, no fck. shop, (and if you want more software, than load this specific think and not: here you get tons of stupit software that you never want). (mostly no trash, the windows-exlplorer (old browser) and the mediaplayer was trash and cant be deinstalled ^^)

Also whats going on mobile phones with the software, its horrible for me. You cant go in a normal folder becouse security say no, but the this dam shit goes to every open w-lan that they can find, and i have say him, he dosent have a alloew for this. I cant understand the software companys today.

I dont want that windows search in the internet, if i search in the startmenu. I open a browser.

Windows should not could heare voices. (its not deleteble, max. "deactivateble"). If i would that windows have a voicesoftware i loaded and install it on my own.

The complete full path are always the correct, easyest way. Realy the most people know whats this. There are not any registry things - its only the place where the folder are.

(And i come from the pc-service, i have had little company for 15 years).
But yes i have discussion with a Woman from the wiki. In the german wiki page it stand the corect full path, at the english site not. I have would corrected it (have registration an account), and she use a backup for %apdata... Sorry, i cant understand this.

Maybe thats why i love Minecraft and Factorio so much. Theres a simple open game and hundrets of mods. Every people can made her own game, so like he want. Nowbody saye you have to do this so or so. Its on you - make what ever you want and how you want. A nearby simple game/software and its on you, where the software goes with Mods. So i would have my windows. if i want shortcuts, i made it.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 pm
EDIT5: Have find the all first savegame from my game, i made it always directly after i find a nice seed - here washing are not there. So i think here are any mistace happened bye the worldgenerations process - but why this can break science i dont know.
You want to have the savegame from the world at the beginning for interest?
The technologies are defined in the data stage, so during loading, before you see the main menu. So the map gen has NO influence on that at all. Another option would be that a mod is disabling them when a game starts. This is also not the case, as the prototype menu (ctrl + shift + E) shows that it's disabled, meaning that it must be disabled during the data stage...

And since I can't reliably reproduce this, I can't look for a fix either... :|
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

The only what i can say, if i made a new map, its work perfect. if i load the first unplayed old map, science is broken. I cant say the tecnical reason.

But what else. I have begin a new working Map and thx my own blueprints im a houre faster - so im good in the time and all is good. (Nearby, the dam biters are after 5 houers at near 100% smile, mhhhh but i will get the little bisters - but it will be hard)

And again, a lot of thanks for all modders who work on this. You all made a great job and we people have a lot of fun with that.
Have a nice day.

pertm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pertm »

I am trying to make brown algae but I find that I can not connect saline water to my algae farms. After looking a bit more I found that those farms have an orientation that are not visible. For brown algae they only need on thing but have 2 inputs looks like one of them will not work for some reason.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

pertm wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 pm
I am trying to make brown algae but I find that I can not connect saline water to my algae farms. After looking a bit more I found that those farms have an orientation that are not visible. For brown algae they only need on thing but have 2 inputs looks like one of them will not work for some reason.
I cannot reproduce this. On Factorio 1.0.0 with Angel's Bioprocessing 0.7.14 I can connect either input of the Algae farm 1 with saline water, and it makes brown algae. Can you give more details on how to reproduce this? Maybe a save file?

keiran_green
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keiran_green »

Hi!
Founded "unknown key" in tech tree
UPD:
my mod list

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

keiran_green wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 am
Hi!
UPD:
my mod list
I can confirm this with Angel's Refining 0.11.16 and Angel's Industries 0.4.6 + Industry overhaul enabled. The same happens to the recipes for crystallization of the other ores unlocked by the technology "Slag processing 2".

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

In 0.11.14, biters were turned off, but there was a setting to re-enable. In 0.11.16, that setting seems to have disappeared, but biters are still disabled. How do I re-enable biters, pollution etc ?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Zarnoo wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:32 pm
In 0.11.14, biters were turned off, but there was a setting to re-enable. In 0.11.16, that setting seems to have disappeared, but biters are still disabled. How do I re-enable biters, pollution etc ?
This was changed and is more transparently handled via the map generation settings. You have to consider two different cases:
  1. You play with Angel's Exploration [BETA]. Then biters are enabled by default and you can use the usual map gen settings.
  2. You play without Angel's Exploration [BETA]. Then, the map generator has an additional setting called "Angel's Enemies Multiplyer" under the "Enemies" tab. Hover over it to see a tooltip: A "size" of 100% or lower for this multiplyer will disable the biters entirely. Setting this multiplyer to 600% will restore the "normal" values as set by the enemy bases sliders right above.
In any case: Be aware that Angel's Refining changes the "Default" map preset, by changing the multipliers for the evolution factor from time and from pollution to 0 by default. The vanilla values are 40 for time and 9 for pollution. However, those values might be close to unplayable with Angel's Industries and its component and tech overhauls. You were warned.

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

valneq wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:02 pm
Zarnoo wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:32 pm
This was changed and is more transparently handled via the map generation settings. You have to consider two different cases:
  1. You play with Angel's Exploration [BETA]. Then biters are enabled by default and you can use the usual map gen settings.
  2. You play without Angel's Exploration [BETA]. Then, the map generator has an additional setting called "Angel's Enemies Multiplyer" under the "Enemies" tab. Hover over it to see a tooltip: A "size" of 100% or lower for this multiplyer will disable the biters entirely. Setting this multiplyer to 600% will restore the "normal" values as set by the enemy bases sliders right above.
In any case: Be aware that Angel's Refining changes the "Default" map preset, by changing the multipliers for the evolution factor from time and from pollution to 0 by default. The vanilla values are 40 for time and 9 for pollution. However, those values might be close to unplayable with Angel's Industries and its component and tech overhauls. You were warned.
Thanks. Very detailed response, which is appreciated. I play with Rampant (because the games not hard enough for me), and I was wondering if you've tested the interaction between Angels Exploration and Rampant, since it seems that some of the features (like how aliens react to pollution seem to be the opposite in A.E. from Rampant

pertm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pertm »

valneq wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:54 pm
pertm wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 pm
I cannot reproduce this. On Factorio 1.0.0 with Angel's Bioprocessing 0.7.14 I can connect either input of the Algae farm 1 with saline water, and it makes brown algae. Can you give more details on how to reproduce this? Maybe a save file?
I have all mods update full bobs, angel and madclown other than infinite ore. and Factorio 1.0 I trired going back now and could not reproduce it in my savegame now so not sure there is then any point in sending a savegame.

Valeryn4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Valeryn4 »

BOB + Angels + FNEI, last version

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Valeryn4 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:04 pm
BOB + Angels + FNEI, last version
The screenshot you show is from "What is it really used for?" mod, not from FNEI. I can reproduce this observation, so it is probably an error somewhere in "What is it really used for?" mod.

However, FNEI mod correctly shows that it is made in an electrolyzer (in Russian "Электролизатор" or "Электролизный завод" something similar), see on the right:
chlorine.jpg
chlorine.jpg (204.36 KiB) Viewed 4747 times

[edit:] Please also check the recipe as presented by the game itself, for example when you hover over the recipe as listed under "effects" in the tech tree:
chlorine2.jpg
chlorine2.jpg (151.83 KiB) Viewed 4744 times

nezrel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nezrel »

Game fails to load when the _only_ enabled mod is Angel's Mass Transit. (Despite its prerequsite Angel's Industry being optional.)
factorio_2020-09-01_09-35-37.png
factorio_2020-09-01_09-35-37.png (32.07 KiB) Viewed 4657 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

valneq wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:19 pm
keiran_green wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:08 am
Hi!
UPD:
my mod list
I can confirm this with Angel's Refining 0.11.16 and Angel's Industries 0.4.6 + Industry overhaul enabled. The same happens to the recipes for crystallization of the other ores unlocked by the technology "Slag processing 2".
I have created an issue report on github to track this. Thanks for the report.
nezrel wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:38 am
Game fails to load when the _only_ enabled mod is Angel's Mass Transit. (Despite its prerequsite Angel's Industry being optional.)

factorio_2020-09-01_09-35-37.png
This is already fixed for the next release. Thanks anyway for the report!

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Hi, not realy a bug but maybe a question.

I've tried hard to make it fair and comparable. I think the recipe that you can craft a real coal ore from two tree trunks is too cheap or can get complete out maybe? Maybe its not from your mod im not realy shure. (I have tested with cheap beginer things, not the highend tiers stuff)

655 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to pressed big woodblocks. Is ok from researching but ist slow and realy not so eficient like coal ore from trees.

516 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to Charcoal to carbon, you need the most technologies an machines

835 MJ very fast and efficient from wood to normal coalore to cocks to carbon and you dont need musch researching technologies

So this I think the process to make big wood blocks are become unprofitable or not?

I have made some pictures and the Testmap if you want see the details.
http://bodenseejugend.de/Temporaeres_zu ... m_Wood.zip

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm
Hi, not realy a bug but maybe a question.

I've tried hard to make it fair and comparable. I think the recipe that you can craft a real coal ore from two tree trunks is too cheap or can get complete out maybe? Maybe its not from your mod im not realy shure. (I have tested with cheap beginer things, not the highend tiers stuff)

655 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to pressed big woodblocks. Is ok from researching but ist slow and realy not so eficient like coal ore from trees.

516 MJ Wood to Woodpsllets to Charcoal to carbon, you need the most technologies an machines

835 MJ very fast and efficient from wood to normal coalore to cocks to carbon and you dont need musch researching technologies

So this I think the process to make big wood blocks are become unprofitable or not?

I have made some pictures and the Testmap if you want see the details.
http://bodenseejugend.de/Temporaeres_zu ... m_Wood.zip
I don't understand the question / the issue.

Let me try to summarize: you appear to be comparing the energy benefit of different processing chains that start from wood. And you believe one of the processing chains (wood -> coal -> coke -> carbon) has by far the highest energy benefit. Is that correct?

I find it kind of difficult to consider this a "fair" comparison.
Why do you start from wood in the first place? Wood is not the easiest thing to automate in Angel's mods. The automation of wood already requires many prior steps (tree seeds, seedlings, soil, fertilizer,), additional input materials and lots of power in the first place. Wood is not for free.
Furthermore, in your processing chains, there are two intermediates that have alternative sources: cellulose fibers from green algae, and coal from direct mining.

If you want to make a truly "fair" comparison, you should try to incorporate the automation of the base resource (in your case wood), and all the energetic and materials cost associated with it.
I don't think that using wood for energy is good at all.

Mining coal directly and processing it via coke to carbon is going to be more energy efficient than starting out with arboretums for the wood.

Or maybe using excess crushed stone to make mineralized water, feeding it to green algae and turning those into cellulose fiber and ultimately wood bricks is energetically better, than making the cellulose fiber from wood.

Return to “Angels Mods”