[0.18.36] Desync in Multiplayer when opening a BP book (that hadn't fully downloaded)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Shavik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.36] Desync in Multiplayer when opening a BP book (that hadn't fully downloaded)

Post by Shavik »

I was by myself in our group's server and when I tried to open a blueprint book on my hotbar it first said this blueprint hasn't fully downloaded (paraphrasing) so then I right clicked it to open it, it showed one of the blueprints as dimmed but after clicking it, it immediately showed up for a split second and then "Shavik desynced"

Desync report attached.

I probably have over 100 hours in this save that was started during the 0.18.xx branch, so it isn't that old of a save. This is also the first time this has happened.

Hope some of this information helps! Thanks for making a great game!

Desync Report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0vcuzn5ffenj ... 4.zip?dl=1

As a quick follow up: everytime I try to open that blueprint book now, I get a desync :(

Follow up #2: After some additional testing, this desync occurred every time I tried to "left click" that BP book in my hotbar.
The eventual "fix" was to restart our dedicated server.
One thing of note: Before I tried to restart the server, I had removed the latest blueprint that would never download properly (I had imported it from the web). It was one of those serpentine rail waiting areas for a train station.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.36] Desync in Multiplayer when opening a BP book (that hadn't fully downloaded)

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I believe this to be fixed in the recent updates.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”