Slight reduction of rocket launch animation time

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Slight reduction of rocket launch animation time

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi,

Trying to maxed out a rocket silo capacity, i can make a maximum output of 970,2 Space science pack/min (3% missin for 1k spm), i wish a slight reduction of the animation time to allow a player to launch a rocket every minute with one silo.

Actual situation :
Animation lauching : 41.25 seconds
Time to go to 100% : 20.6 seconds (a bit less). " 1/3 construction, 2/3 animation "
==>It's 61.85sec, slightly more than 1 min

Asking for :
reduce the rocket launch animation under 2363 ticks (39.3833333... seconds) from the current 2475 ticks (41.25 seconds)

Personnal pov : it doesn't change the whole game, but when we try to achieve the 1 rocket/min, it gives one way to make it with one silo, which is a good way to introduce mega base...

Edit: thanks to following answers, i can be more precise.

Thank you for the game. Bye
Last edited by Tekillaa on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Slight reduction time of the rocket launch animation

Post by bobucles »

These are the best kind of balance threads. It's not enough to have a huge factory, it must also be metric. :lol:

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

yeah sorry, i like clean concept, the whole game got wierd number for ratio, maybe the final step having like a "clean cap" can be something good or bring a kind of satisafaction :)

nafira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nafira »

First time I read your post, I was : "??meh, what is he talking about, you can easily output infinite science pack under a minute and you can fill a rocket within a minute or so and max it out with stack inserters"

I'm not a "SPM" guy, more a "it's ready when it's ready". I think you should rephrase for most people :
Time to go to 100% : 20.6 seconds (a bit less).
==>It's 61.85sec, which is not practical for calculation of Infinite SP counted by silo

What you want is the rocket to have perfect cycles of 60seconds and not 61.85.
For that, launch animation should adujst to match perfectly the number of ticks taken by the rest of the process.

Sorry, I wanted to rephrase the whole thing, because this is a very good idea !! :)

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Plus one to this, would be a lot simpler.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

nafira wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 pm
First time I read your post, I was : "??meh, what is he talking about, you can easily output infinite science pack under a minute and you can fill a rocket within a minute or so and max it out with stack inserters"

I'm not a "SPM" guy, more a "it's ready when it's ready". I think you should rephrase for most people :
Time to go to 100% : 20.6 seconds (a bit less).
==>It's 61.85sec, which is not practical for calculation of Infinite SP counted by silo

What you want is the rocket to have perfect cycles of 60seconds and not 61.85.
For that, launch animation should adujst to match perfectly the number of ticks taken by the rest of the process.

Sorry, I wanted to rephrase the whole thing, because this is a very good idea !! :)
thank you for makin that clear, i got poor english.

Treviisolion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Treviisolion »

I did create a post a couple months back to share some of my findings on how best to make the Rocket Silo output metric amounts of SPM. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=64855&sid=fac77784 ... ba17b66b82

Also a link to the spreadsheet I made to test values. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The value you'd like to have if you reduce just rocket launch animation is 2363 ticks (39.3833333... seconds) from the current 2475 ticks (41.25 seconds). Of course even then that won't produce exactly 1000 SPM, rather 327600000/327533 (~1000.20456) SPM or 2364 ticks (39.4 seconds) if you want to get closer to 1000 SPM with 13650000/13651 (~999.9267453) SPM though of course this means you won't reach 1000 SPM.

Through some testing, I found that changing the productivity slowdown from 15% to 20% and adding a fifth module slot to the rocket silo actually resulted in several nice numbers, such as possibilities of exactly 250, 500, 750, and of course 1000 SPM depending on Rocket Silo setup. Of course these are theoretical maximums and I'm not certain how realistic it would be to actually reach those theoretical maximums so it might just be better to reduce the animation times to 2363 ticks and the extra .2 SPM expected to not occur do to practical limitations of reaching theoretical limits.

QuadRotas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by QuadRotas »

This would be a very welcome tweak. Not for playability but just for actually being able to have a prober 1 RPM base.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Slight reduction of rocket launch animation time

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi, same question one year after :)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Such a silly thing to ask for. :roll:

I kind of want it also though... :oops:

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Qon wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:59 pm
Such a silly thing to ask for. :roll:

I kind of want it also though... :oops:
+1 lol
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

I'm in for starting construction of the next rocket immediately after the start and let the animation roll independently.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

steinio wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 am
I'm in for starting construction of the next rocket immediately after the start and let the animation roll independently.
I also think that this is how it should work.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I would so totally want a kind of rocket launcher repeater, with rockets being sent like "Ra ta ta ta ta ta ta".
But then one would need to get the space science packs out super fast, not to lose them.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

blahfasel2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blahfasel2000 »

Koub wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:22 pm
I would so totally want a kind of rocket launcher repeater, with rockets being sent like "Ra ta ta ta ta ta ta".
Create a new completely empty sandbox map (no biters or anything), go to map editor, place rocket silo fed from infinity chests, beacon it, set game.speed to something like 1000, enjoy ;-)

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

blahfasel2000 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:13 pm
Koub wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:22 pm
Create a new completely empty sandbox map (no biters or anything), go to map editor, place rocket silo fed from infinity chests, beacon it, set game.speed to something like 1000, enjoy ;-)
The game won’t actually go at 1000 times speed though.

blahfasel2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blahfasel2000 »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:25 pm
The game won’t actually go at 1000 times speed though.
No, but setting it to such a high value ensures that it's free running as fast as your hardware possibly can.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

I wish to stick to the first idea which is allow the silo to make (slightly) more than 1 rocket/min in a classic/no modifier game.

I can agree with the idea to allow construction even during the animation of after the "launch" in the animation, reduce the animation time, but other ideas dont seems to be what I'm expecting for:
I dont want to make a rocket machine gun, i just wish to be able to have 1 rocket/min (at least) with 1 silo.
Thanks for those suggestions to share points of views :)

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

Add my support to OP's suggestion (Bump). Since this timing issue, personally i usually dont aim for 1k spm as a sub goal, but for one beaconned silo, since its not much difference in base design, besides a nifty satellite timing double launchpad, and slightly less smelting/minute.
This "niflty launchpad" could be seen as a challenge of making a exact 1k spm base, the tools to fix it are provided.

But imo this challenge should be for the time you go beyond 1k/spm and use multiple silos. Technically you could use multiple silos without timers/synchronizing, but a rocket ballet is just too satistfying to not do it.

As the community embraced science cocktails in Kilos per minute, One kilo of space science per minute per silo would be an welcome convenience to round everything up. Not a silly suggestion at all.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

This is not a good solution to the problem in question. It would break if anything about beacons or modules or inserters or rocket part crafting or almost any other part of the rocket launching process changes.

Obviously what the devs should do is change it to be 15 seconds slower, since the only reason this is a request at all is that it's coincidentally close to 60 seconds total now.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”