Smart Inserter

Re: Version 1.0.0

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Zavian wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:04 pm
mexmer wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:05 pm
yes, but i want to sit on top of it :D
Yeah. I was thinking about the iconic image of the player character riding on a factorio rocket, and thinking it would be cool to ride on spidertron.

I also thought it would be cool to teach spidertron to mount and ride on top of a locomotive/cargo wagon, so i don't need to pick it up if I want to travel a long distance.
+1
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Just out of curiosity, does biter creep permanently change the landscape? Do the associated decoratives ever fade? Does it permanently change the tiles for some parts of the landscape?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

You can remove it with nukes and cover it with tiles.

BrainFreeze
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BrainFreeze »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you for all your hard work. Countless others and I simply love this game that your company has made. It reminds me a lot of playing games like The Incredible Machine a lot when I was a kid on the PC. I think games like this that inspire creativity really are something special - and that this game will go on to be a classic for many years to come. Cheers!

Ichigoshollow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ichigoshollow »

Please remove Spidertron. It brings nothing new to the game and only clutters the game with junk.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Ichigoshollow wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:45 am
Please remove Spidertron. It brings nothing new to the game and only clutters the game with junk.
Good joke, if its one. Otherwise, just ignore it.

Ichigoshollow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ichigoshollow »

jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am
Ichigoshollow wrote:
It's not a joke. Tell me how adding a spidertron to the game has any relevance to automation? Tell me how it's relevant to a factory? I'll wait. Well what I do is make one then let spitters and biters destroy it over and over.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Ichigoshollow wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:29 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Ichigoshollow wrote:
It's not a joke. Tell me how adding a spidertron to the game has any relevance to automation? Tell me how it's relevant to a factory? I'll wait. Well what I do is make one then let spitters and biters destroy it over and over.
I don't know, people just like it. If you don't like, then try to ignore it, because it won't be removed (at least, i can't imagine ;)). I mean, you can open a thread in Ideas and suggestions....

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Ichigoshollow wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
Ichigoshollow wrote:
Trolling?

But trying, to give an answer: how relevant are the power armor and personal roboports to automation? Maybe as relevant as a late-game vehicle with effective squeak through and remote builder (considering the likely logistic slots for 1.1) is.
With your line of argumentation, how relevant is any vehicle or personal item? Should they all be removed?
Or, if such strong animosities exist, trying out sandbox mode might be something for you.

Furthermore, if you despise Spidertron that much, why build it at all? Some features aren’t used universally in the game.
I don't like too bot heavy builds, others do. Mostly inexperienced players shy away from complex train networks, other even more advanced players don't use complex circuit builds that often. Some other features are even used rather seldomly (e.g. Coal liquefaction).
Ergo just disliking a feature is not a valid argument.

edit: grammer
Last edited by conn11 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sap123
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sap123 »

Congrats to the team in the release!

I had 25 hours logged on Factorio from a few years ago when I decided to leave the game alone until 1.0.0, and here it is! There aren’t many games that I’ve played where you look at the time and an hour passed in what seemed like minutes. :!:

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Glad to have been apart of seeing this game grow. Good stuff guys. You've come so far, and now its finally over. Good stuff. Thank god for legacy support enabling mods with authentication on factorio.com and for those who want to authenticate on their own drm builds and what not. Good job!

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheRaph »

Ichigoshollow wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
Ichigoshollow wrote:
It's adds as much to automation as construction bots do. And as much as the tank / car do. And also as personal items do.

If you build just that tron it's an other type of vehicle. Nothing to do with automation, but a big benefit when it comes to traveling trough your map to AUTOMATE something.

If you add "personal items" like roboports to that tron, it could help do things faster or better, because it extends the available slots for robots. (What literally mean, to better AUTOMATE building by bots and blueprints.)

If you may also use a remote-control it can help to AUTOMATICALLY build things per blueprint and bots just far away of your bot network and far away from position of your character.

Also you can use it as an mobile turret just to AUTOMATICALLY destroy your enemy.

For me, it is enough benefit to AUTOMATION.

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheRaph »

Awesome

tron-gleise.JPG
tron-gleise.JPG (78.52 KiB) Viewed 7349 times

ostlandr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ostlandr »

I'll bet those eight legs were a bear to animate.

Aru
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Aru »

I want to say to everyone who helped to make Factorio, thank you for making the most perfect, uncompromising game I've ever played, and congratulations on the version 1.0 release.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

ostlandr wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:12 pm
I'll bet those eight legs were a bear to animate.
It's even more impressive that they were able to animate N-legged spiders! Check out the Spidertron Tiers mod.

agiar2000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by agiar2000 »

I am looking for information on when to expect the next release.

First of all, congratulations on the 1.0.0 release! I am very excited to play around in this game now that it has achieved such a great milestone after building up for so long! I love it, and I think that the developers deserve a great celebration.

That said, I am eagerly awaiting the resolution of some bugs that have been identified and are listed in the "Bug Reports > Resolved for the next release" section, and as I am new to the forums and to the community, I am not sure what to expect in terms of the timeframe or where exactly to look for the information of when future releases are expected. I am also not sure if this was the right place to post this question, so please feel free to correct me.

As a software developer myself, I understand that one cannot always give definite dates for things like these, but without seeming impatient, I would like to get some sort of idea of how frequently I should check back and where I should look to stay apprised of such updates so that I can get the next release as soon as it is ready.

Thanks again!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

agiar2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:11 am
[...]
I would like to get some sort of idea of how frequently I should check back and where I should look to stay apprised of such updates so that I can get the next release as soon as it is ready.
Since you can't expect weekly posts from now on, we wanted a way for you to be notified once we have something special to say. Feel free to give us your email address so we can let you know.
Source : https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-360
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

agiar2000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by agiar2000 »

Koub wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:15 am
agiar2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:11 am
[...]
I would like to get some sort of idea of how frequently I should check back and where I should look to stay apprised of such updates so that I can get the next release as soon as it is ready.
Since you can't expect weekly posts from now on, we wanted a way for you to be notified once we have something special to say. Feel free to give us your email address so we can let you know.
Source : https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-360
Thanks, Koub! That was just what I needed! I have signed up for the newsletter with my new Factorio account. :D

Return to “Releases”