[1.0] bugs and balance issues.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.0] bugs and balance issues.

Post by bobingabout »

Most of my mods have been updated for 1.0 and released (very few specific changes being made, most are just general changes I've been working on)
I'll release the others as 1.0 mods when I get around to it, but they have no changes, and none are required for 1.0 as far as I'm aware.

Post and issues you have here.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

werdna87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.0] bugs and balance issues.

Post by werdna87 »

When I try to enable bobselctronics 1.0.0 I get a missing .png error. Anyone else getting similar issues with a few of the bob's mod packs?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

werdna87 wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:14 pm
When I try to enable bobselctronics 1.0.0 I get a missing .png error. Anyone else getting similar issues with a few of the bob's mod packs?
I can boot up bobselectronics 1.0.0 without problems. Do you have additional mods? Can you specify the error message? Maybe upload a save to sync the mods to?

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

I’m pretty sure the brain 2 using a superior circuit board instead of a multi-layer circuit board is a bug.

werdna87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by werdna87 »

valneq wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:52 pm
I can boot up bobselectronics 1.0.0 without problems. Do you have additional mods? Can you specify the error message? Maybe upload a save to sync the mods to?
Huh turns out you are right, with just bob's mods enabled the game starts fine, no error about missing sprite, but when I add "Skandragon's advanced mining" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/skan-advanced-mining) I get error in a bunch of Bob's mods.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:53 pm
Huh turns out you are right, with just bob's mods enabled the game starts fine, no error about missing sprite, but when I add "Skandragon's advanced mining" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/skan-advanced-mining) I get error in a bunch of Bob's mods.
Bob's mining already includes higher tiers of miners. Are you sure you need more different miners? In any case, for completeness I think you should post the actual error message. And ideally report this issue to Skandragon, as it is most likely caused by his mod.

werdna87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by werdna87 »

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:29 pm
Bob's mining already includes higher tiers of miners. Are you sure you need more different miners? In any case, for completeness I think you should post the actual error message. And ideally report this issue to Skandragon, as it is most likely caused by his mod.
Attaching the error message here, I don't actually need it, I had it because I was doing a more vanilla play-through before and just still had it on. It looks like that mod is not updated much anymore, just odd that it causes issues for Bob's mods but both work fine independently, and only Bob's mods (and a few others apparently) have the error when loading
Attachments
factorio_missing_png.png
factorio_missing_png.png (28.78 KiB) Viewed 8063 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's an known error in Skan's mod that has existed for YEARS and he refuses to fix.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:47 pm
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:29 pm
Attaching the error message here, I don't actually need it, I had it because I was doing a more vanilla play-through before and just still had it on. It looks like that mod is not updated much anymore, just odd that it causes issues for Bob's mods but both work fine independently, and only Bob's mods (and a few others apparently) have the error when loading
This is one I've not seen before... probably somebody trying to fix Skan's mod, without checking to make sure it's installed.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

wild uneducated guess: Skan's mod was updated only 6 months ago, which is before the mining drill redesigns. Maybe that is the root cause of the issue?

werdna87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by werdna87 »

Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:24 pm
wild uneducated guess: Skan's mod was updated only 6 months ago, which is before the mining drill redesigns. Maybe that is the root cause of the issue?
Using JUST Skan's mod works correctly though, I would think if that was the issue that it wouldnt work at all

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

weird

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:32 pm
weird
I've said it before, YEARS AGO, There was an error reported where skan-dragon's advanced mining was trying to set a graphic from my mod, that didn't actually exist. And although it keeps getting reported over and over and over, he still hasn't fixed it.
I also have a Patreon.

FunkJazz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FunkJazz »

Bug: can't place Exoskeleton in Spidertron Equipment Grid with Bob's Vehicle Equipment mod

Factorio version: 1.0.0
Bob's Vehicle Equiment mod version: 1.0.0

When this mod is activated, the Exoskeleton is not allowed as equipment for the Spidertron. Reproduced it with existing save game, a fresh game, and with any other mods disabled.

Please fix, thank you.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

FunkJazz wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:30 pm
Bug: can't place Exoskeleton in Spidertron Equipment Grid with Bob's Vehicle Equipment mod

When this mod is activated, the Exoskeleton is not allowed as equipment for the Spidertron. Reproduced it with existing save game, a fresh game, and with any other mods disabled.

Please fix, thank you.
It's not a bug. Spidertron is a vehicle, you need to use Vehicle equipment instead. There's a Vehicle Engine Equipment or something, I can't remember the exact name of the equipment, but it makes the Spidertron faster, the same as an exoskeleton would.
The only thing that Personal equipment has that Vehicle equipment doesn't (though things change a little between Personal and Vehicle variations) is the belt immunity equipment, and spidertron doesn't really care about that anyway.
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:33 pm
is the belt immunity equipment, and spidertron doesn't really care about that anyway.
That's not strictly true...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

kirazy wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:53 pm
is the belt immunity equipment, and spidertron doesn't really care about that anyway.
That's not strictly true...
And belt immunity equipment is also useful for other vehicles AFAIK. Not sliding on belts is helpful for cars and tanks too.

FunkJazz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FunkJazz »

FunkJazz wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Please fix, thank you.
It's not a bug. Spidertron is a vehicle, you need to use Vehicle equipment instead. There's a Vehicle Engine Equipment or something, I can't remember the exact name of the equipment, but it makes the Spidertron faster, the same as an exoskeleton would.
The only thing that Personal equipment has that Vehicle equipment doesn't (though things change a little between Personal and Vehicle variations) is the belt immunity equipment, and spidertron doesn't really care about that anyway.
I hadn't thought about using the Overdrive engine, good suggestion. Works like a charm.

Dialog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dialog »

Why laser vehicle equipment is so strong ? It's annihilate everything, especially with laser damage research. As well as photon turrets are too OP (HUGE damage, AOE, long radius) :o

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I'm currently working on a skin-changer (@Pi-C might have talked to you?) when i noticed that in bobclasses gui you use

Code: Select all

caption = {"entity-name." .. entity.name}
You should instead use

Code: Select all

caption = game.entity_prototypes[entity.name].localised_name
to respect characters with procedurally generated names.

Given that your mod probably assumes that it's the only one doing any character changes i'm not sure how important that is to you. But it should be an easy fix. And...well, experience says that localised_name is always preferred over guessing the name yourself :D.
Attachments
unknownkey.png
unknownkey.png (10.83 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to β€œBob's mods”