[1.0.0] Spidertron graphics scaling

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.0.0] Spidertron graphics scaling

Post by lovely_santa »

Hi,

I tried scaling spidertron to make him extra large or extra small, however this works perfectly for the base (head+torso), this doesn't work for the legs. They are always the same for any scale applied (up and downscaling), see images. Klonan said this would need some engine rework as it seems to be correctly defined. It seems to be either not scaling the graphics, or the legs are ignoring the defined 'length'.

I've attached the file in question (working on angels mods). Include it in data.lua, and then you can insert one in your inventory.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.insert{name="crawlertron"}
Scale = 0.5; the legs are too thick compared to the base:
unknown[1].png
unknown[1].png (219.23 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
Scale = 5; the legs are too slim compared to the base (walking on sticks):
unknown[1].png
unknown[1].png (910.58 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
Attachments
crawlertron.lua
(83.42 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Spidertron graphics scaling

Post by Qon »

The Broodmother (red) is 1.8 times the size of a spidertron and the baby spiders are 0.5 size (black, with 0.75 sized legs because that looks cooler to me, but "perfect scaling" is possible).
Also the scaling is configurable with startup options in my mod.
ousu(200828-161438-35).jpg
ousu(200828-161438-35).jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1987 times
Also
ousu(200826-141842-43).jpg
ousu(200826-141842-43).jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1987 times
doing some other headswaps to try out some cool mod ideas I had.

You just need to scale the leg prototype graphics and some offset values etc, which are separate from the body. Not a bug ;)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Spidertron graphics scaling

Post by Rseding91 »

Moving to modding help then :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Spidertron graphics scaling

Post by Xorimuth »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:43 pm
Moving to modding help then :)
Whilst it is clearly _possible_ to scale the legs, from looking at the Broodmother source code it requires quite a lot of effort (and lua!) to scale the leg size. For each leg, you have to scale its ground and body position, along with the graphics themselves. There's more logic that is used there that I don't understand.

It would be really useful to be able to do all this with a single command alongside or as part of scaling the body, but leave the current system as it is for those that need more granular control.

I'd like to request that this gets moved to mod interface requests :D

UPDATE: In 1.1 the spidertron generation code in base mod has easily configurable scale that you can call to create your own spidertrons.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Modding help”