Qon wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 am
acidcrash wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 am
posila wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm
asdff45 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 pm
One simple question: Are mods automatically compatible, if they where marked for 0.18?
I wanted to adjust my mods, so they are compatible with v1.0, but it seems like they will be loaded automatically...
Yes, 1.0 can load 0.18 mods, so unless some of the changes between 0.18.47 and 1.0.0 brokes something for you, you don't need to adjust your mods.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a backup before patching and the update has some 25+ mods I was using. So no, not all mods automatically transfer from 0.18
What do you mean with "transfer"?
sorry I'll rephrase, not all mods will work out of the box post-patch that were 0.18 compatible (not copy & pasting or anything)
So, exactly as posila said then. So why are you saying "So no, not all mods automatically transfer from 0.18" when you are agreeing? That's confusing. :o :shock:

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 1.0.0

Post by Omnifarious »

Qon wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:07 pm
So, exactly as posila said then. So why are you saying "So no, not all mods automatically transfer from 0.18" when you are agreeing? That's confusing. :o :shock:
Here is what I've noticed...

Almost all mods for 0.18 work perfectly on 1.0 without any changes of any kind whatsoever. No updates, no changes, no modifying any files, nothing. They just work.

A very small minority don't because of changes introduced as part of spidertron. Some, like the BNW mod I maintain, didn't account for the spidertron remote as objects, or for spidertron as a placeable vehicle that's not considered a 'car' type vehicle. So, BNW works great until you try to create a spidertron, at which point there is no way to place it and no way to remotely control it because BNW is very strict about the kinds of things you're allowed to manipulate 'by hand'.

Other mods may have other issues. Alien Biomes, for example, didn't quite handle the nuclear blast tile that represents a permanent change to the landscape made by a nuke (an update that _does_ handle this has been released).

But, these are in the minority, and the problems they have are usually minor. Most mods just plain old work with not one single byte of difference in the mod .zip file.
Last edited by Omnifarious on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

acidcrash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by acidcrash »

Qon wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:07 pm
acidcrash wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:36 am
Qon wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 am
acidcrash wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 am
posila wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Yes, 1.0 can load 0.18 mods, so unless some of the changes between 0.18.47 and 1.0.0 brokes something for you, you don't need to adjust your mods.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a backup before patching and the update has some 25+ mods I was using. So no, not all mods automatically transfer from 0.18
What do you mean with "transfer"?
sorry I'll rephrase, not all mods will work out of the box post-patch that were 0.18 compatible (not copy & pasting or anything)
I don't agree though, it was implied that basically anything that worked on 0.18 should run, some 30% of the mods (niche QOL or functionality) I had loaded didn't work post update. Frustratingly, some of the mods seem to have been abandoned and not had any updates for quite awhile so unless I can find a solution to make them work myself - games I had in progress will also have to be abandoned.

I get it though, I've been playing long enough to know better and made a schoolboy error in not making a backup first to test before blindly updating - doesn't make it any easier a pill to swallow

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

acidcrash wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 am
I don't agree though, it was implied that basically anything that worked on 0.18 should run,
Yes you did, and no you are wrong. Read what posila actually said, posila didn't imply anything you ascribe to him. 1.0 is no different from a modders perspective than if those new features would have been released as 0.18.48. Which was experimental btw. So you are just complaining that we got new features.

Almost every mod works though. I had ~200 and like 5 of them stopped working. And I have replacements or updates to them now.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Qon wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:50 am
acidcrash wrote:
I don't agree though, it was implied that basically anything that worked on 0.18 should run,
Yes you did, and no you are wrong. Read what posila actually said, posila didn't imply anything you ascribe to him. 1.0 is no different from a modders perspective than if those new features would have been released as 0.18.48. Which was experimental btw. So you are just complaining that we got new features.

Almost every mod works though. I had ~200 and like 5 of them stopped working. And I have replacements or updates to them now.
TinyStart and FarReach, very popular one, don't work and won't save- at least not on the Mac

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

brunzenstein wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:41 am
TinyStart and FarReach, very popular one, don't work and won't save- at least not on the Mac
Far Reach seems to work just fine for me though I use custom settings. I only want to interact with things at a distance and want to require bots to actually build things. And that works without any issues in 1.0.

Never used TinyStart but it appears that all mods that change the starting settings are having problems due to the starting cut scene changing the way things happen internally. This is 100% covered by the "unless some of the changes between 0.18.47 and 1.0.0 broke something for you" that Posila said.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

5thHorseman wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:56 am
brunzenstein wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:41 am
Far Reach seems to work just fine for me though I use custom settings. I only want to interact with things at a distance and want to require bots to actually build things. And that works without any issues in 1.0.

Never used TinyStart but it appears that all mods that change the starting settings are having problems due to the starting cut scene changing the way things happen internally. This is 100% covered by the "unless some of the changes between 0.18.47 and 1.0.0 broke something for you" that Posila said.
Far Reach works if you change (every time you start a game) the mod's setting after start just fine.
Tiny Start shows its settings but they are blocked and cannot be altered - seems to be a problem with the initial startup sequence. Hope that the mod's creators act swiftly thought.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Qon wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:50 am
acidcrash wrote:

How funny that the devs considered the experimental one the “real” version. Almost everyone played the experimental one and I encountered like 4 bugs across 3 entire versions, with constant updates throughout.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:09 pm
How funny that the devs considered the experimental one the “real” version.
How do you know it? And why is it funny?

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Will the updates now be delivered as normal games do in steam since the game is no longer an "early access" game and no longer experimental? For example, will users now get the 1.0.1 patch and later easily without any need to enable "experimental updates" in the standalone or enable beta in steam?

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Qon wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:15 pm
AmericanPatriot wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:09 pm
How funny that the devs considered the experimental one the “real” version.
How do you know it? And why is it funny?
I think that it is true because the devs said this in the Friday Facts:
“Something that would really work against that would be if the update broke a bunch of mods and disgruntled all of our most dedicated players. So we are making efforts to ensure that mods that work in 0.18, will work without any update needed in 1.0.”

I know they say dedicated players, but I think that is practically everyone active on reddit/the forums/anywhere.

I think it is funny because it is almost absurd?(I don’t know the right word here. I need a lesser version of absurd). The experimental version is supposed to have a ton of bugs, but I only encountered four in my entire 3000 hours of playtime, two of which were graphical, and the other two were fixed within the week.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:29 pm
I think it is funny because it is almost absurd?(I don’t know the right word here. I need a lesser version of absurd). The experimental version is supposed to have a ton of bugs, but I only encountered four in my entire 3000 hours of playtime, two of which were graphical, and the other two were fixed within the week.
Supposed to? It's not supposed to have them. It's just released before they have fixed all the bugs so that they can get bug reports. It's just that "stable" has been tested and then frozen after bugreports have been resolved.

I think they said 1.0 had some 1500 unresolved bugs in their tracker in the FFF.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Congratulations for reaching 1.0.0 !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Jon8RFC wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:26 pm
Will the updates now be delivered as normal games do in steam since the game is no longer an "early access" game and no longer experimental? For example, will users now get the 1.0.1 patch and later easily without any need to enable "experimental updates" in the standalone or enable beta in steam?
I would assume it'll be similar to the way it was, though likely slower paced.

1.0.1 will be experimental. So will 1.0.48 if they get that far. Then eventually 1.0.67 or whatever will be what they consider release worthy and then 1.1 will be released.

They could only release 1.1 when it was ready but thousands of free beta testers seems to have worked well for them so far, and I'm not sure I'd want to change that if it was me.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

now we need spidetron as personal vehicle.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

mexmer wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:45 am
You do know that you can board it the same as a car or tank?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Zavian wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:49 am
mexmer wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:45 am
You do know that you can board it the same as a car or tank?
yes, but i want to sit on top of it :D

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

mexmer wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:05 pm
yes, but i want to sit on top of it :D
Yeah. I was thinking about the iconic image of the player character riding on a factorio rocket, and thinking it would be cool to ride on spidertron.

I also thought it would be cool to teach spidertron to mount and ride on top of a locomotive/cargo wagon, so i don't need to pick it up if I want to travel a long distance.

Filter62
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Filter62 »

Zavian wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:04 pm
I also thought it would be cool to teach spidertron to mount and ride on top of a locomotive/cargo wagon, so i don't need to pick it up if I want to travel a long distance.
Yes please! :mrgreen:

Pin-Lui
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pin-Lui »

So this game is out 5 days and i already hit the 1500h mark?! xD

Congratulation to the release. There is no othergame i played this hard, except Eve Online and GTA. In 30years of my gaming career this game is at the top.

I cant wait what game you guys come up next. It will be bought right away.

Return to “Releases”