Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

scretchy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by scretchy »

So just started a new run in 1.0 with angels industries tech overhaul. With the starting eight iron plates you cant progress without enabling the component mining since you cant craft enough construction frames at start to craft the crusher and a new furnace.

Edit: Can also confirm that i cant craft the basic lab without basic technology so was stuck.

ridesdragons
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ridesdragons »

scretchy wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:45 am
So just started a new run in 1.0 with angels industries tech overhaul. With the starting eight iron plates you cant progress without enabling the component mining since you cant craft enough construction frames at start to craft the crusher and a new furnace.
technically you're still good to progress (as far as production goes, anyway), as you start with a drill and a furnace, and can crush ore by hand. you don't neeeed a crusher to start with. that said, not having the crusher at the start does make it much more tedious of a start lol

scretchy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by scretchy »

Hm totally didnt see the crushing by hand :) Yeah that would have helped. I just deactivated component mining after the start now to progress.

Not sure if i remember that correct but in earlier versions i did start with a ore crusher.

New problem that showed up is that after unlocking the brown algae farming tech i cant just handcraft copper cable harness anymore. The cellulose that is needed changed from the wood craft to the algae craft. So even if i have wood in my inventar i cant autocraft it, i need to craft the wood cellulose fiber craft first and than i can select the copper harness.

EDIT: Next problem showed up. After researching the red science pack tech i cant build the lab for it. The tech unlocks tech archive 2 but no earlier tech unlocks tech archive 1. Checked the industries game files. Tech archive is the local for angels-main-lab-1 and there is no building with that name listed. But strangley i could force insert it with the console, from the description you should get one on game start. This building allows research of the grey science analyzer which would unlock the basic research tech. You also get a new one if you kill your character.

Im running all that on an Angels + Bobs mod game. Gonna try that all with only industries active now to see if its one of the mods or just broken spawn with relation to 1.0 release.

Edit2: After a test with just Industries+dependencies i spawned without the tech archive 1. I think you should spawn with it since you get one if you die. I started with just 1wood 1stone furnace and 1 miner. Also 8 iron plates in the spaceship debris. Is there more i should start with?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I started up new game with tech overhaul enabled and.. I'm not sure how to start.
There is one tech available that is needed to research basic research lab but I don't have anything to put science packs into.

Should I have a lab in inventory?
Or am I missing something?

scretchy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by scretchy »

yes you should have a lab in inventar. Open the console and use "/c game.player.insert{name="angels-main-lab-1", count=1}. You should have a lab in the inventar. Or you can kill your character and get one that way.

ridesdragons
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ridesdragons »

scretchy and I are both having the same issue, and valneq was able to confirm the issue. seems like, until a 1.0 patch is made, the only way to fix this is to use console commands to grant the first tech (maybe others, I don't know, scretchy what'd you do to keep playing?).

edit: oh, you can kill yourself without ending the game? lol. alright then, I'll give that a shot

scretchy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by scretchy »

keep in mind that just granting yourself the first tech doesnt fix the issue. It only fixes it until you want to start doing red science than you need to create the tech archive 1(internal game id for consol is: angels-main-lab-1) or kill yourself once to get it from normal respawn.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

scretchy wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:26 pm
keep in mind that just granting yourself the first tech doesnt fix the issue. It only fixes it until you want to start doing red science than you need to create the tech archive 1(internal game id for consol is: angels-main-lab-1) or kill yourself once to get it from normal respawn.
I've asked friendly biters nearby for help and used the respawn method :)

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

On Discord, lovely_santa has confirmed that this is an issue with the way that 1.0 changed the starting items and added the cutscene. Therefore, when playing with Angel's mods in their current version, the player starts without an ore crusher and without a tech archive. Even though the latter is necessary to progress when the technology overhaul is active. The currently easiest workaround is to add these items by using these script commands:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.insert{name="burner-ore-crusher"}
and

/c game.player.insert{name="angels-main-lab-1"}
Although, on respawn the tech archive is added to the player inventory, allowing to progress without scripts.

This bug will be addressed in a future release of Angel's mods.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It's a minor bug but it seems that Angel's smelting defines all plate icons as having mipmap's while they don't have them in practice. This leads to warnings on game load.
(I'm about 90% sure it's from Smelting since it's the last one to modify the item and it gives it it's own icon. It's most likely caused by the fact that base game has mip-mapped icons for those plates but smelting doesn't.)

marginoferror
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marginoferror »

On Industry (no Bob's) with all options turned on, Electric Mining Drills have components that require red electronics even though the drills themselves are unlocked from the start. It seems to be a bug one way or the other; either they shouldn't require red electronics or they shouldn't appear to be craftable until red electronics tech is researched.

Same story with the lowest-level splitter.

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

For Infinite Ores, in order to generate the biggest percentage of infinite ore vs finite ore, should the infinite ore settings in map generation be set to max?

In map generation I currently have regular ores set to middle, and infinite ores set to max, but the ratio of infinite patches still seem really low.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

valneq wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:31 pm
On Discord, lovely_santa has confirmed that this is an issue with the way that 1.0 changed the starting items and added the cutscene. Therefore, when playing with Angel's mods in their current version, the player starts without an ore crusher and without a tech archive. Even though the latter is necessary to progress when the technology overhaul is active. The currently easiest workaround is to add these items by using these script commands:

/c game.player.insert{name="burner-ore-crusher"}
and

/c game.player.insert{name="angels-main-lab-1"}
Although, on respawn the tech archive is added to the player inventory, allowing to progress without scripts.

This bug will be addressed in a future release of Angel's mods.
Thanks for mentioning it here, I want to add to this that we're working on it, since there are some small issues with the lab, we will have to take care of more edge cases. We just want to make sure it's working so we don't break your game midway...
orzelek wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 pm
It's a minor bug but it seems that Angel's smelting defines all plate icons as having mipmap's while they don't have them in practice. This leads to warnings on game load.
(I'm about 90% sure it's from Smelting since it's the last one to modify the item and it gives it it's own icon. It's most likely caused by the fact that base game has mip-mapped icons for those plates but smelting doesn't.)
Rather a minor issue.. Might look at it at some point. I did notice these warnings, so it's not flying under the radar.
marginoferror wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:54 pm
On Industry (no Bob's) with all options turned on, Electric Mining Drills have components that require red electronics even though the drills themselves are unlocked from the start. It seems to be a bug one way or the other; either they shouldn't require red electronics or they shouldn't appear to be craftable until red electronics tech is researched.

Same story with the lowest-level splitter.
Yep, I am aware of this, but undetermined what I should do with it at this point. It's playable at this point, so I'll leave it till we get to the next component recipe overhaul.
DJQuad wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:48 pm
For Infinite Ores, in order to generate the biggest percentage of infinite ore vs finite ore, should the infinite ore settings in map generation be set to max?

In map generation I currently have regular ores set to middle, and infinite ores set to max, but the ratio of infinite patches still seem really low.
As far as I can recall, infinite parts are always a 'small' part of the ore patch... Even when the regular ore is set to minimal size and infinite ores to max size.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

UberProletariy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UberProletariy »

valneq wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:49 pm
UberProletariy wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:17 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:45 pm
UberProletariy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:22 pm
I've got a crashes caused by Bio Processing after updating to 1.0.0. Bio Processing
and Artillery Manual-only from other author, after turning Bio Processing off
is the only thing causes that issue. Is there a solution to this?
If you can post the error message, then we can fix this and provide you a hot fix.
Here's what appears if I try to start with Bioprocessing
I cannot reproduce this. I am currently trying with all of Angel's mods + Artillery_Manual_Only (default mod settings) under Factorio 1.0.0 but I can boot up the game and start a new freeplay map without any issues. Do you have special settings, or additional mods? Do you happen to have a savefile that you want to load which has the problematic mods + settings stored? If you upload it, we can sync to it and figure out what is going on.
Well. I guess it is. Tried to reinstall mod and turned on only Angel's mods. It's working now, thanks for help

UberProletariy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UberProletariy »

valneq wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:49 pm
UberProletariy wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:17 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:45 pm
UberProletariy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:22 pm
I've got a crashes caused by Bio Processing after updating to 1.0.0. Bio Processing
and Artillery Manual-only from other author, after turning Bio Processing off
is the only thing causes that issue. Is there a solution to this?
If you can post the error message, then we can fix this and provide you a hot fix.
Here's what appears if I try to start with Bioprocessing
I cannot reproduce this. I am currently trying with all of Angel's mods + Artillery_Manual_Only (default mod settings) under Factorio 1.0.0 but I can boot up the game and start a new freeplay map without any issues. Do you have special settings, or additional mods? Do you happen to have a savefile that you want to load which has the problematic mods + settings stored? If you upload it, we can sync to it and figure out what is going on.
I found the mod that caused the issues. Smh it was robot256's library and Vehicle Wagon 2 mod which required it to work.

Hetakin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hetakin »

Hi,

I tried to run a game with AAI industries (wich is required for space exploration mod) + angel + krastorio 2. There is an incompatibility with those three mods together.

Here is the error message :
Error while running setup for recipe prototype "sans-to-solid-sand" (recipe) : Surbgroup must be defined when there is no common main product

Is it possible to fix it ? Those three mod are so amazing together :)

ridesdragons
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ridesdragons »

Hetakin wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:56 am
Hi,

I tried to run a game with AAI industries (wich is required for space exploration mod) + angel + krastorio 2. There is an incompatibility with those three mods together.

Error while running setup for recipe prototype "sans-to-solid-sand" (recipe) : Surbgroup must be defined when there is no common main product

AAI is normally compatible but has some issues atm (power poles are locked behind tech so you can't actually power your lab to start researching, and the burner lab doesn't work with the new science packs yet). space exploration, however, is incompatible (unless you're running an older version, in which case, it could be incompatible at any time, if not already so) and lists angels as an incompatibility. krastorio has never been compatible with angels. angels is mutually exclusive with space exploration and krastorio.
Last edited by ridesdragons on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

lovely_santa wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:55 pm
As far as I can recall, infinite parts are always a 'small' part of the ore patch... Even when the regular ore is set to minimal size and infinite ores to max size.
Shouldn't infinite minimum yield in mod settings affect it? I bumped it up to 100.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

DJQuad wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:59 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:55 pm
Shouldn't infinite minimum yield in mod settings affect it? I bumped it up to 100.
Infinite ores have decreasing yield over time, like oil. The minimum yield affects the minimum yield per tile. Not the amount of tiles generated.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Hetakin wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:56 am
Hi,

Yes it is possible and no angels won't do it. I am not allowed to say more than that.
ridesdragons wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:56 am
AAI is normally compatible but has some issues atm (power poles are locked behind tech so you can't actually power your lab to start researching, and the burner lab doesn't work with the new science packs yet). space exploration, however, is incompatible (unless you're running an older version, in which case, it could be incompatible at any time, if not already so) and lists angels as an incompatibility. krastorio has never been compatible with angels. angels, space exploration, and krastorio are mutually exclusive.
Space exploration and krastorio 2 are compatible nowadays...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Return to “Angels Mods”