Offering to help for the Latvian Translation

Discuss translation contributions here.
Burbulis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Offering to help for the Latvian Translation

Post by Burbulis »

Hello, I recently found out that Factorio has a Latvian language available. This has intrigued me, just because the Latvian language isn't available in many games. I'm offering my time and language skills to help translate the game in my mother tongue and wish to see this fabulous game translated fully to Latvian aswell.

Cheers,
Burbulis

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Offering to help for the Latvian Translation

Post by valneq »

There is no need to ask for permission to start translating. Just head over to Crowdin, and create an account:
https://crowdin.com/project/factorio

Once you have an account, you can start suggesting translations. By default, Crowdin accepts the most recent translation as "correct", and these are being incorporated into the next release of Factorio.

Other users can vote on the existing translations – a translation with more upvotes gets priority. When multiple translations have the same number of votes, the most recent version takes priority.

Special users, the "proofreaders", can override this behavior by "approving" a specific translation. I don't know who the proofreader for Latvian is, or whether that person is still active.

When an approved translation is incorrect, suggesting a new one will automatically offer you to open an "issue" for for the proofreaders to deal with.

Burbulis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Offering to help for the Latvian Translation

Post by Burbulis »

Aha, I see. Thank you, i didn't know anything about this :D

Cheers!

Return to “Translations”