Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
oliverthom707
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by oliverthom707 »

Thanks indeed. I wish the game would somehow track the time I play it, I'm quite likely nearing or over 1000h already :) boi hrms
teatv
Last edited by oliverthom707 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

ekisacik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ekisacik »

Just bought this game for someone else. <3

wosthisdo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wosthisdo »

I've been meaning to say for a long time: The Factorio forums are (almost) always really pleasant place to be, both devs and players are interested, polite and helpful. I know we're small (atm) but it still stands out.
I have to brace myself before reading, let alone posting, on MC, Elite or KSP forums.

Blaine-O
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Blaine-O »

I've been playing computer games since 1986, and in general am very picky about the computer games I spend my time on.

I've long thought that no other development team in history, other than Wube, has made so many good decisions while also pulling off so many good implementations. Factorio is a gigantic, complicated engine that just works so well. It's impressive.

There have been many legendary games developed over the decades, but most also included numerous substantial flaws and/or bugs, and not many were as complicated as Factorio. This game is a rare feat.

This is the only game I've ever played that can compete with Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri as my all-time favorite.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

oliverthom707 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:12 pm
Thanks indeed. I wish the game would somehow track the time I play it, I'm quite likely nearing or over 1000h already :)
I know I have at least 3000
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

scooter010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by scooter010 »

I'm at about 500h and I really really love this game. There is no "right" way to do most things, u can just do them.

Cliffs on or off, peaceful or not. It does not feel like cheating even if u turn EVERYTHING to easy, there are still challenges.

And now, after years and years of factorio exists, there isstill stuff to learn and there are still guys who invents better BP or train systems or whatever. It's like chess. Basic rules are quite easy but the possibilities to arrange and combin them are endless.

Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Simply... Thank you!

Post by Drakken »

I am logged in at 4 AM here in Chicago waiting to update to 1.0

This game has given me so much joy over the years that I just wanted to thank the Factorio team. So much work has been put in... and this version of the game is fantastic! Can't wait to build up around the new crash site on the hardest settings available (Deathworld Marathon with 100% sand, minimum trees, minimum water and the smallest starting area available!) And with that... I only have a 1 in 4 chance to survive on the first attempt.

This will be glorious! Thank you again and congratulations! I hope the 1.0 launch is a huge success. I've already purchased 4 copies of the game for all of my friends. Looking forward to giving you more of my money when the first expansion is created.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Dear Wube team,

thank you for making Factorio. This is my all time #1 favorite game. Thank you for the very high quality level of features, optimizations, details, stability you've brought the game to. Thank you for writing FFF. I know that it is very hard to stop working and explain to people what you have been working on. So thank you for doing it with this amazing consistency. It allowed me, an outsider of the programming/engineering world, to enjoy the game more, to feel how passionate you were about this, and by doing this it created a strong bond between you & us.

I want to thank the community & moderators of this forum for making a nice online place to visit.

Long live to Wube !

SkerrittT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SkerrittT »

Congratulations and thank you.
I retired a while back and have been playing Factorio for a bit over 4100 hours according to Steam. What a great game. Its been like a hobby for me. I truely appreciate the effort and attention to detail your team applies. You have every right to be proud of what you created. Thanks again.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I'll merge this into the "than you" thread, I think it's better that way :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

bw_mutley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bw_mutley »

I want to express my gratitude for the devs making this awesome game. Congratulations for the official release!

Artful
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Artful »

Thank you for this awesome game !

daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daifeiya »

Thanks to the development team for bringing us such a great game! It makes sense to my life!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Thanks Wube!

Sneaking in the Spidertron into the 1.0 was a big move – and it is going to make a pure Vanilla playthrough so much better! Automatically clearing biters from a distance! Automatically deploying mobile roboports into a region without infrastructure! This is so huge!

Blaine-O
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Blaine-O »

Yes, I'd like to thank Wube for the Spidertron, but more specifically for keeping it a secret for so long.

I know there were some very subtle hints dropped here and there in FFF (to the tune of maybe 1 per year on average), but I was 100% sure they'd forgotten it and dropped it to the wayside after the initial announcement.

My eyes practically bugged out of my head when I saw it announced in v1.0... no pun intended. ;)

Stakhanov
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stakhanov »

Thanks for keeping up the good work for so many years , to bring such a nice result. It sets up a high standard for the gaming industry now.

By the way , a good way to show gratitude is to gift factorio copies to people who can't afford the game , so whoever has the means should consider doing that so that the factory may grow even more.

EvacTouch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Thank you devs!

Post by EvacTouch »

I just want to say, thank you all for making this awsome, addictive game.
I've poured in 60 hours, and hope to get even more! From giant creative factories, to just starting out survival ones,
this is one of the best factory games I have played. Thank you.
i exist

ElCapitan1701
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElCapitan1701 »

Congratulations and thank you all.

Rebmes
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rebmes »

I was reading the second-last Friday Facts again; once I reached the bottom, I noticed the rocket for the very first time ^^

Mskvaer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mskvaer »

I recently completed my first rocket launch after buying the game (1.0) With a few trial quarter done games and sandbox test scenarious, I managed to clock up 170 hours in 4 weeks, which is slightly more than my full time work. I choose to ignore several features that were not forced on me.

So I can play the game again to make use of the logistics and circuits. And train chain signals. And some other minor stuff (nuclear?)
And play the game again contiuing past the rocket launch todo "space science" and more research
And play again, make the factory "beautifull
And again again again ...

And a big Thank You for every "again"
+---+
| M | (now 2000+ hours)
+---+

Return to “General discussion”