Version 1.0.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 1.0.0

Post by BHakluyt »

Oh also I hope you guys added that shortcut key to toggle auto/manual when character in a train... Please? Hopefully I can check out the game soon. Internet is not the fastest...

Jan11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jan11 »

Congrats.

Ichigoshollow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ichigoshollow »

Why would you add Spidertron which is stupid to this amazing game? Why? Seriously.... Why? There is no reason to shit on your game.

Peevester
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Peevester »

Congrats on 1.0! I've been playing since 0.13, and in terms of fun and stability it's only gotten better since then.

So I made a Spidertron in my latest playthrough (started about a month ago to experiment with a kind of weird city block concept where there's a walkway AND a 4 lane railroad in the grid). It's super-cool and super-creepy all at once! I have some notes though:
  • The grid should be at least as big as the power suit mark II (or possibly even a bit bigger, given how big the cab is). Since you can take advantage of power suit equipment, it's sad that you can't equip enough exosuit legs for each actual leg.
  • It is really, really bad at pathing around water. It's hilarious when it curls up against the shore in frustration, but getting completely stuck on obstacles that even biters have no problem with, is silly. It's also going to make the remote feature a lot less useful.
  • A small logistics grid would be cool, making it possible to send it back to your hub to pick up supplies, though now I'm wondering if I could park it near a box with a long-handled inserter to reload the trunk ... tried it, nope!
  • There's a box to disable logistics while in motion, but as far as I can tell, you still get logibots swarming you when you're moving, so I'm not sure it's working. How about simply a control (like what we use to turn exosuit legs or roboports on and off) to turn logistics on and off. Heck, I'd like that over the existing toggle switch for the player, too.
  • We need individual auto-targeting selections for each weapon. It appears that the spidertron picks its most powerful loaded weapon, so one really great way to end your game fast is to have nukes loaded with auto-target on. Funny as hell the first time it happened (trying to outrun a pursuing line of mushroom clouds), but it makes loading nukes worse than useless. At least limit auto-target to the currently selected weapon.
  • Please let us pick cannons, flamers, and machine guns, and not just launchers! If they need to be fixed, one gun, one cannon, and two launchers would be much better.
  • The battery indicator while riding is for your power armor, not for the spidertron. The only way I've found to determine charge level for onboard batteries is to mouseover the batteries themselves. I first thought that (since it's constructed with two portable fusion reactors) that you didn't need onboard power and that's why, but if you equip legs to its grid, they don't speed you up unless you have a power source too.
  • Onboard portable lasers, PLUS lasers in your own power suit, is going to make lasers even more overpowered in endgame. I already deploy a baker's dozen of them in my "kill stuff" power suit (used only while riding in the car or tank), and now I can have three legs plus a bunch more lasers! Whee!
Ichigoshollow wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:42 pm
Why would you add Spidertron which is stupid to this amazing game? Why? Seriously.... Why? There is no reason to shit on your game.
You can not possibly be serious.
Last edited by Peevester on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asdff45 »

One simple question: Are mods automatically compatible, if they where marked for 0.18?
I wanted to adjust my mods, so they are compatible with v1.0, but it seems like they will be loaded automatically...

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

asdff45 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 pm
One simple question: Are mods automatically compatible, if they where marked for 0.18?
I wanted to adjust my mods, so they are compatible with v1.0, but it seems like they will be loaded automatically...
Yes, 1.0 can load 0.18 mods, so unless some of the changes between 0.18.47 and 1.0.0 broke something for you, you don't need to adjust your mods.

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asdff45 »

perfect, then i have nothing to do xD
Going back to other projects :)

Thanks for that quick answer and lets all celebrate the release :D

TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheEnemy42 »

Congratulations! It's an immense milestone and I hope you'll get lots of cake :D

Thank you for all of your hard work through the years, thank you for all the fun so far and I look forward to many more hours of gaming.
Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

Chronosfear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chronosfear »

Holy Moly.
I love that Spidertron. Now I just need a way to get logistics for it.
Maybe logistic slots research (+upgrades for more slots) and an integrated roboport (also with upgrades for size and max number of robots)
Would fit fine i think.

ALSO CONGRATJULATIONS ... CONGRATZULATIONS ... Congratulations .. AH damn ... GRATZ on your 1.0 Release. :D
May your future be brigth!

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

Congratz!

Of course it had to be done: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/some-spidertron

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jmurrayufo »

Congratulations! Thanks to all the devs for all your hard work. You've made something truly amazing. You've captured weeks of my life and given us all something to love and enjoy.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Spidertron! Literal tears to my eyes
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

lunchh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lunchh »

Congratulation Wube, Factorio V1 is a masterpiece,
You have single-handedly redeemed the title "early access".

FFF has been my religion for 2 years, Your work will last eternity.

I was making sure to not hype V1.0, solid expectation of just a stable release with no new content. *suppressed subconscious hype*
In the future when people think of 2020 they will think of Spider-tron Surprise comeback.

Ajick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ajick »

This is normal? :shock: :D
Spidertron1.png
Spidertron1.png (943.42 KiB) Viewed 6794 times
Spidertron2.png
Spidertron2.png (874.32 KiB) Viewed 6794 times

thecatlover1996
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by thecatlover1996 »

darkfrei wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:45 am
Congrats!

Is 1.0.0 stable or experimental?
Currently, it's both: it's the latest stable release as well as the latest experimental release ;) IIRC, we've seen similar behaviour for the 0.x.y stable releases, but I do agree it looks slightly odd for the 1.0.0 release :lol:

Nonetheless, congrats on the release! Spidertron party time! 8-)

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

Congratulations
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

hanli427
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hanli427 »

Congratulations, very nice update. I loved running around with the Spidertron. But it really needs some way to remotely/automatically restocking/emptying its inventory, for both refilling rockets as well as construction materials. Logistics request and trash slots would be ideal, but also being able to use inserters.
Peevester wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 pm
We need individual auto-targeting selections for each weapon. It appears that the spidertron picks its most powerful loaded weapon, so one really great way to end your game fast is to have nukes loaded with auto-target on. Funny as hell the first time it happened (trying to outrun a pursuing line of mushroom clouds), but it makes loading nukes worse than useless. At least limit auto-target to the currently selected weapon.
In my experience it cycles between the four rocket launcher slots, so if one holds nukes and the other three hold regular rockets, then every fourth rocket fired is a nuke. But at high rocket firing speed upgrade, that is still a very high rate of fire on the nukes since I think the Spidertron rocket launcher has a higher rate of fire than the regular one, in addition to having 4 rocket launchers. My advice, only use manual firing when you have nukes loaded, and only use non-nukes when you auto-fire. But yes, it would be nice to be able to toggle them on a per slot basis.

Also, I noticed myself, and saw JD-Plays comment on it in his video, that the range modifier to nukes doesn't apply when fired from the Spidertron, the nukes should have extra range on top of the rocket launcher.

coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by coppercoil »

Don't you think Factorio loading screen became... er... less balanced? I mean Wube should fire that designer Wube logo does not match the style in its current representation. I mean it looks awful here. Not a real problem, but still...

juliejayne
Inserter
Inserter

Post by juliejayne »

But it might well match the style of their next game.

nog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nog »

[wrong topic]

Return to “Releases”