1. I can create a blueprint and it's in my hotbar/inventory. I then place it in the My Blueprints for overall storage. It appears to copy the blueprint there. I no longer want it in my inventory (because of limited space), so I delete it. The blueprint vanishes from the Blueprint Library! Is one supposed to store all these blueprints in chests around the factory? I thought we went away from that system....
Incidentally, I've already seen a few complaints on the Steam forums of exactly that -- deleting and losing entire books because they thought they were deleting a copy from inventory.
2. I like reusing the same BP square from my hotbar to make blueprints for the library. The shortcut of Shift+Rt Click seems to be missing. Not sure if that is a bug or intentional. Several users on the Steam forums have also asked for it back. The current method takes much more time, movements, and clicks to delete a bp, start a new one, etc. (I'm guessing the bizarre functioning of #1 has a lot to do with this change.... Please please just make make blueprints go into the library as copies like they did in the previous iteration.... it's much less confusing!)
3. Organization is a bit of a nightmare. The BPs and books no longer auto-sort, in the main window so as I was combining things together all of these strange holes appeared. It was sooo tedious to click every single one of them to put them neatly together in lines and consolidate the library. Please add an auto-sort feature to the Options. (When you have as many books and blueprints as I do, automatic alphabetical sorting is much desired).
Also, I found that dragging each BP into an existing book was very tedious. Click, drag, right click, place in an empty square. I would much prefer it to be like a modern OS, where you can select multiple files and drop them into a folder.
5. The names in the Blueprint Library are extraordinarily confusing. For me: My Blueprints = Game Blueprints. Factorio is the game, so the blueprints are for the whole game. What are "My Blueprints" then? (This seems to be where all my global blueprints are stored). Please change the labels to "Current Map BPs" and "Library" or something similar to prevent confusion.
6. I had to ask for help in finding how to make a new blueprint book. To me it is obvious that an icon, or at least instructions, belong on the Blueprint Library window, since that is the primary area of organization. The lack of the Import icon is also puzzling to me. It makes no sense that they are solely on the hot bar and not in the BP Library main window, especially with the addition of nested books.
Please keep in mind that I am looking from the perspective of a long-time player as well as a new one. The current functionality is not friendly to either player group. I am really worried about how much confusion there will be when new players dive in with 1.0.