New Blueprint Library is not as user friendly as the one just before it

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
seePyou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

New Blueprint Library is not as user friendly as the one just before it

Post by seePyou »

Imagine this scenario:

You open your Windows Explorer and click on C:

Then you click on "temp" folder

then you click on "Unsorted" folder and finally copy a file from within.

Now you want to paste this somewhere. But first you have to go back to temp and back to C and back to the initial screen of the Windows Explorer before you can go anywhere else.

In between this, you remembered something and since you are a known clutch, you go to imgur and copy this image to show your friends in Discord. You would forget again for another week if you did not.

Clipboard though now is used, so you have to copy that file again. Open Windows explorer, click on C: click on tempt click on Unsorted and copy the file, then go back to temp, back to C and back to the started screen of Windows Explorer...

This is the experience I just had with the 18.38 Blueprint library.

I have a collection of books and in them some other books and in them some blueprints. When I press B I open my library and then right click on books to go and find my BP. Then I press E (or is it Q? muscle memory at this time has taken over, and I do not consciously know which one it is) and ... no... this doesn't close the library, but navigates all the levels back to the original library screen that I see when I press B

I now have the BP on my hand and place it, only it encountered a bit of lake, or a big pole to the edge, so it left a hole. I go fill that hole or remove that pole and now I have to find the BP again. press B, right click, right click, select the BP, E, E, E and now I can use it.

I have to believe I'm doing something wrong and there is a faster way to get OUT of the library screen without going through all the levels, AND that there is a way to open the library to the LAST position in the library you were instead of having to ALWAYS move down the levels of books.

Please tell me there is!

Stef-Z
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: New Blueprint Library is not as user friendly as the one just before it

Post by Stef-Z »

100% Agree, I love the new BP but not remembering where you are is awkward and a step in the wrong direction from my perspective.

-Stef

HadrionClifton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HadrionClifton »

+1 This is really annoying.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

Something I just noticed: You can place a blueprint book from library in a hotbar shortcut. When you right-click it it will open it in the library.

It's kinda like placing a shortcut to a folder in your desktop to make it easy to navigate to that folder.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Yoyobuae wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:40 pm
It's kinda like placing a shortcut to a folder in your desktop to make it easy to navigate to that folder.
You're describing the very definition of the hotbar : a set of shortcuts to things, wether they lay in the inventory or in the BPL.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”