"Placeable in fog of war" and "ignore reach limits" flags on item/entity

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

"Placeable in fog of war" and "ignore reach limits" flags on item/entity

Post by Reika »

I have an orbital radar "strike orderer" (and associated "orbital radar scan" that reveals the area) that used to work back when I added it in 0.15 (via use of the "on put item" event, which seemed to track the attempt to place an item), but as of sometime between 0.16 and 0.18 even that seems to now be constrained by both player reach and by fog of war, which completely defeat the point of the items:

These items are specifically intended as a means to remotely clear biter nests of massive size, easily and quickly. Not to mention that the AoE on the strikes is so large that being within reach means near certain death every time. Plus of course the fact that only being able to place a "scan target" to reveal chunks if those chunks are already visible is ludicrous.

I could quite easily solve all this if the items or the entities they place (simple-entity-with-force) are able to ignore both fog of war and player reach, so that I can place them wherever, from wherever, regardless of anything, via "ingame" or via the map.

Return to “Modding interface requests”