[0.18.36] I have to download my own blueprint books as the host of a multiplayer game

Bugs that are actually features.
factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.18.36] I have to download my own blueprint books as the host of a multiplayer game

Post by factoriouzr »

BUG: I have to download my own blueprint books as the host of a multiplayer game.

I should not have to manually click on some of my blueprint books from the blueprint library every time I host a game before being allowed by the game to use my own blueprints.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.36] I have to download my own blueprint books as the host of a multiplayer game

Post by Qon »

I don't understand how the title relates to the post. And I don't really understand the topic of either of them. Please read the required reading for bug reports and improve the description of the bug so I can understand and the devs can understand and fix it ;)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.36] I have to download my own blueprint books as the host of a multiplayer game

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. The blueprint library is completely separate from the running game - regardless of how you are running the game. It still has to be loaded, sent, and processed by the running game before it can be used.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:24 pm
Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. The blueprint library is completely separate from the running game - regardless of how you are running the game. It still has to be loaded, sent, and processed by the running game before it can be used.
Then please make them all auto download so I don't have to manually do it one by one. I already played the game, put the blueprints in my hotbar and when i try to use them the game gives me an error. Then I have to open my blueprint library and manually re-click every one of them. This is an extra step that the user should never have to do. Just queue them all and have them all downloaded in the first 10 seconds of starting/loading the game.

Also, you say this is an issue regardless of how you run the game, but that's not quite true. In single player this is not an issue that I've seen. It only seems to affect multiplayer.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Can you please fix this issue. It's not intuitive and extremely annoying.

Return to “Not a bug”