Artillery shell shooting speed research not working beyond level 2~3

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Araeos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Artillery shell shooting speed research not working beyond level 2~3

Post by Araeos »

In version 0.18.36 using the Map Editor, i tested the artillery shooting speed when manually aiming. I came to the conclusion, that the actual shooting speed does not go higher than about 1 shell per second, while the infinite research of "Artillery shell shooting speed" level 3 and beyond should get speeds of 1.2 per second and higher. In my tests this does not work and the research does not seem to change anything beyond level 3, with the difference between level 2 and 3 already being hard to detect.
The setup I used was an artillery turret using 3 stack inserters to feed artillery shells from infinity chests and the turret never ran out of ammunition. I also targeted the exact same location using the remote multiple times by queueing up shoots quickly and watched how fast the turret executed the commands afterwards.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Artillery shell shooting speed research not working beyond level 2~3

Post by Qon »

Noticed the same when I used creative mod to research artillery shooting speed 20 or 50 or something.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Thanks! It's going to be awesome to hear machinegun artillery! The volleys of a big array of artillery is cool too, but you can't stand very close to all of them since they are spread out and many are out of audible range then. Maybe they should be heard from a longer distance?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”