TL;DRNew hotkey / UI element to quickly create a clipboard/temporary blueprint for ghosting down a machine with the recipe already set, directly from the crafting menu, skipping the step of placing the machine and searching for the recipe in it [again].
What ?Instead of:
- Searching for the recipe in the crafting menu
- Finding the appropriate crafting machine in the "Made in" list (for the current level of tech, or the current placement tile-restriction)
- Selecting/placing the machine
- Opening the machine's UI and searching for the recipe a second time
- Search once for the recipe
- Modified-click on the recipe and receive a blueprint of (or selection box for, if more than one possible) the machine for that recipe with the recipe already set
Why ?Especially in modded content, but even in the base game, there are two hurdles when setting up a recipe for the first time (when no machine exists to Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V from elsewhere).
- You must know which machine to select the recipe in. With some modded content, this is non-trivial, and adds a search (and sometimes evaluation based on tech level and machine availability) step for every recipe in a complex production chain.
- The machine must exist for the recipe UI to be available. Ghost entities have no interactivity.