IR in 0.18

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: IR in 0.18

Post by Koub »

GeneralTank wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 am
Koub wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:30 am
Deadlock explicitely chose a licensing that forbids what you did. On the page you link in your version is written :
See the license for details about what you are and are not permitted to do with it. TL;DR - you can modify it for your own personal use, but you can't share modifications of it or re-use its assets in your own published works and you can't use it for any commercial purpose.
You may update it for yourself, but not share the modifications. I don't think you can change the authors license either, and yours is MIT, while Deadlock's is CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
Frankly with the way Deadlock has acted I don't give a crap one bit. He should have already just transferred the mod to another author to maintain and not keep it to himself. I already have a huge dislike for people (and companies*) who use copyright to shut down attempts to keep games available.

Which is a shame because I was actually looking forward to IR2 but I haven't heard anything concrete yet aside from what I heard from discord. I just wish he just learn to take criticism.

*(like Nintendo)
He created the mod freely on his own free time, and it probably took him hundreds of hours. He has no obligation whatsoever towards anyone. What you think about the mod author's has nothing to do on that.
However, I'm realizing this topic is drifting off topic, so I'll stop this here.

To get back on topic, there won't be any 0.18 versions of IR unless Deadlock decides he wants to come back to the Factorio modding scene or he decides to hand over his mod (which I consider unlikely, but one never knows). However, anyone can decide to recreate from scratch what he has done, without using any of the material he has created. Feel free to do so if you wish.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

I’m not Kamsta99.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

But yeah, intellectual property should be abolished in its entirety.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Let’s not forget that patents on lifesaving medicines kill millions of people every year.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Not having access to a mod means I died of diabetes.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

ZombieMooose wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:15 am
Mark it COVID.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Adamo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:32 am
ZombieMooose wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:15 am
Mark it COVID.
Died of hyperbolic equivalency.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Off topic troll spam. Topic locked.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Modding discussion”