Please have an option to have Alt Mode on by default

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

XenoCyber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Please have an option to have Alt Mode on by default

Post by XenoCyber »

Most advanced players use alt mode by default.
Just like there are sound settings or a setting if the research queue is enabled I believe this is a worthwhile to add this setting in the interface or other settings pages

Thank You

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Please have an option to have Alt Mode on by default

Post by ichVII »

+1

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

I second this

Eirenliel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eirenliel »

It will also free a key bind!

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

I would rather have this option as, "Alt Mode always on" instead of on by default. This way I can defeat the switch that occurs when I alt-tab out of the game.

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

netmand wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm
I would rather have this option as, "Alt Mode always on" instead of on by default. This way I can defeat the switch that occurs when I alt-tab out of the game.
I sometimes use non-alt mode to see clearer, eg see wire connections or if machines are running etc. Always on would be annyoing. But you can change the key binding away from alt already, so there is an easy way around your problem.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

ichVII wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:31 pm
netmand wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm
I sometimes use non-alt mode to see clearer, eg see wire connections or if machines are running etc. Always on would be annyoing. But you can change the key binding away from alt already, so there is an easy way around your problem.
Thanks for the tip! Actually I pause the game before alt-tabbing out; it makes more sense to do so and alt-mode doesn't get affected. Re-binding controls is just as easy as not having Alt mode on by default option and having to hit alt key at the start of playing a new map.

But we don't want options to present annoyances to players, right? So although I'd rather have this option as "Alt mode always on" instead of on by default, I'll suggest both because, why not?

Meggal_Bozale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meggal_Bozale »

This sounds great! I'd love this for playing multiplayer especially. I commonly log in and out of scenarios to test things for said scenarios, which adds up for having to toggle alt. Others who do really long runs might not get this as often, but it's still there and would be great to have on when joining a new game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”