Moderator: pyanodon

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:07 am
interesting idea but some solder recipes have more then 2 metals in them , and casing unit had only 2 fluid spots so it will require 1-2 metals in it as plates
oh yes what was i thinking its not like we could edit it to add another on the side or anything

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

kingarthur wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:16 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
interesting idea but some solder recipes have more then 2 metals in them , and casing unit had only 2 fluid spots so it will require 1-2 metals in it as plates
oh yes what was i thinking its not like we could edit it to add another on the side or anything
i know you can , with the risk of breaking something , and if you do it i will take 1-2 for my base

kots01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kots01 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Well, as an option, lead and tin in casting and the rest of the ingredients in the plates. On the last solder recipe, you can get 10 pieces, it will be very nice to get 20-30 using casting

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

kots01 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:15 pm
Hi guys! Do you have plans to add casting recipes for solder or small parts-02-03?
Another castable would be the mega drill head.

kots01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kots01 »

Thanks for answers! Another question about sulfur and salt. These two ingredients are extracted in pure form and are immediately ready for use. Are you planning to add any recipes for crushing or washing as it is done with ores?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

kots01 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:17 am
Thanks for answers! Another question about sulfur and salt. These two ingredients are extracted in pure form and are immediately ready for use. Are you planning to add any recipes for crushing or washing as it is done with ores?
both when mined are ready to use
and i dont think there are chain plans for them

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

since people keep asking here is a updated b=version of my map gen recommendations:

ores to bump up a lot
Fe; Cu; raw coal; tar pits ; crude oil ; Zn ;Pb; Sn

up a bit
quartz ;p deposits ; Ni ; stone

down
regolite

all huge rocks down a lot , maybe except nexelite

the rest are fine on default

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:02 am
Greetings

Today we finished the quartz drill. The main tool for you extract Quartz ores, which also is a "new" resource. If you play with pyHT, upgrades for all drills will be available.

Quartz ore

Quartz-Drill
What happened to this?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Got retired. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Nuage0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nuage0 »

It's not a Py Raw Ore issue, but I just have to post it here, 'cause I'm a bit sad sad.

I spent quite a lot of hours setting up a Mukmoux Farm (including the whole Artificial Blood chain), to get some efficient Guts... to get some Hydrogen Chloride from guts... because I missed the Hydrogen Chloride from Hydrogen & Chlorine (yeah, ok, I'm dumb, I should have thought of that one), because it didn't show up in Factory Planner, and I didn't check in my crafting tab.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find at some point some other use for hundreds of Mukmoux !

Do you think I need to open an issue in the Factory Planner mod, or do you think that recipe doesn't show up there because of something related to PyRO ?

For reference, no show in Factory Planner: https://imgur.com/74J80Xx
The recipe is available in the crafting tab: https://imgur.com/lV7mjzQ (and I can use it in machines, of course)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Nuage0 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 am
It's not a Py Raw Ore issue, but I just have to post it here, 'cause I'm a bit sad sad.

I spent quite a lot of hours setting up a Mukmoux Farm (including the whole Artificial Blood chain), to get some efficient Guts... to get some Hydrogen Chloride from guts... because I missed the Hydrogen Chloride from Hydrogen & Chlorine (yeah, ok, I'm dumb, I should have thought of that one), because it didn't show up in Factory Planner, and I didn't check in my crafting tab.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find at some point some other use for hundreds of Mukmoux !

Do you think I need to open an issue in the Factory Planner mod, or do you think that recipe doesn't show up there because of something related to PyRO ?

For reference, no show in Factory Planner: https://imgur.com/74J80Xx
The recipe is available in the crafting tab: https://imgur.com/lV7mjzQ (and I can use it in machines, of course)
thats on factory planner.

Nuage0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nuage0 »

Yeah, I thought so. I opened an issue on their side: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/factorypl ... c9879285c2

m.stitek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by m.stitek »

Is there any reason why basic glass smelting recipe was removed? Now you need to use Glass works (which doesn't accept coal for some very strange reason) and that's pretty difficult to run before you get some research going.

Nuage0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nuage0 »

m.stitek wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:25 am
Is there any reason why basic glass smelting recipe was removed? Now you need to use Glass works (which doesn't accept coal for some very strange reason) and that's pretty difficult to run before you get some research going.
If I'm not mistaken, that's part of the "Hot Air Rework" (in PyPH) that went live recently.
Glassworks need a liquid with fuel value and not a solid fuel, so something like Coal Gas / Tar at the very beginning, and Fuel Oil afterward.

I do agree that it make the early game even harder by making glass harder to come by !

You should still have the recipe without Hot Air (24 quartz -> 4 glass, I've checked right now). That's not great, but it does work :)

m.stitek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by m.stitek »

You don't need to use hot air, but you still have to use glass works. Historically, glass factories were set up in places with easy access to suitable sand and forests for fuel. Noone would ever use combustible gas to get a bit of glass.

NATO_chrisjm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NATO_chrisjm »

Does anyone else have issues producing Chlorine in large amounts? I'm trying to get a central Chlorine production point going and the Saline -> Electrolyzer route and it's proving difficult to provide enough Salt without having a massive station and belts hell of salt alone. It would be nice to have a mid tech level Chlorine production option. I've not tried Tholins but the numbers don't seem viable for large quantities.

I'm looking into better Saline production atm, but the 100 Saline -> 20 Chlorine is quite the bottleneck regardless!

Thanks!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

NATO_chrisjm wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:16 pm
Does anyone else have issues producing Chlorine in large amounts? I'm trying to get a central Chlorine production point going and the Saline -> Electrolyzer route and it's proving difficult to provide enough Salt without having a massive station and belts hell of salt alone. It would be nice to have a mid tech level Chlorine production option. I've not tried Tholins but the numbers don't seem viable for large quantities.

I'm looking into better Saline production atm, but the 100 Saline -> 20 Chlorine is quite the bottleneck regardless!

Thanks!
well there is the tube recipe but still 10:1
BUT
there is a a recipe that makes Na2SO4 and you get HCl as a bonus but it costs H2SO4

NATO_chrisjm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NATO_chrisjm »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:34 pm
well there is the tube recipe but still 10:1
BUT
there is a a recipe that makes Na2SO4 and you get HCl as a bonus but it costs H2SO4
My current issue is getting enough Chlorine for PPD for Kevlar. I'm predicting a similar issue when I get my Nylon going. I've swapped my Saline production to Condensed Distillates for now but I'm looking at the pumpjack/fraking option now.

Tierre
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tierre »

My issue is with warmer brick production for hot air. I set up coke oven gas with temp of exactly 500 Celsius going in there and there it just sits and does nothing. Regenerator fluid box is full saying it is a coke oven gas of 500Celsius and yet its red and nothing happens....

Nevermind. Seems like a problem with fluid boxes ... They weren't even taking gas from pipes (though it is a correct gas and input). I ctrl-x and rebuilt it - and bam - it works... Never changed anything in my build....

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

Tierre wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:41 pm
My issue is with warmer brick production for hot air. I set up coke oven gas with temp of exactly 500 Celsius going in there and there it just sits and does nothing. Regenerator fluid box is full saying it is a coke oven gas of 500Celsius and yet its red and nothing happens....

Nevermind. Seems like a problem with fluid boxes ... They weren't even taking gas from pipes (though it is a correct gas and input). I ctrl-x and rebuilt it - and bam - it works... Never changed anything in my build....
do you still have issue with coke oven gas?
please see my comments on that in viewtopic.php?p=502628#p502628
feels like a very similar problem that you might run into

Return to “PyMods”