Marketing Partnership with Online Creators for 1.0 release?

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
MakCuber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Marketing Partnership with Online Creators for 1.0 release?

Post by MakCuber »

Does anybody know if Factorio has partnered with any online creators before? Markiplier has been doing a new lets-play series on Factorio using a deathworld map, and he's stated previously already how much he loves the game. I think it could be a really good marketing opportunity if the devs partnered with people like Mark to promote the 1.0 release of the game, via sponsored streams, playthroughs, and maybe even hosted servers.

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Marketing Partnership with Online Creators for 1.0 release?

Post by lovewyrm »

Not that I know of, but even word of mouth of 'influencers' is getting on my nerves a bit.
Personal opinion, of course, but even Sseth is starting to feel a bit too shill like to me now.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Marketing Partnership with Online Creators for 1.0 release?

Post by Koub »

TBH, the simple fact of a key gift hinders the trust I have in the online creator's opinion.
People who their own copy of the game have no interest whatsoever to be biased in their review.
Whereas the simple fact of being given a key is a form of payment, and as such has an influence on the creator's way of presenting the game.
People who are gifted nothing have no incentive to praise the game if they don't like it.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Spread the Word”