Clay brick

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

DiakonRu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Clay brick

Post by DiakonRu »

Hey. In the ANGEL SMELTING fashion, the cement recipe is blocked and, as a result, the possibility of producing clay bricks, and without it the further development of production is simply impossible. What to do with it?
Attachments
345.jpg
345.jpg (159.73 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
234.jpg
234.jpg (52.63 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
123.jpg
123.jpg (115.25 KiB) Viewed 2787 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Clay brick

Post by valneq »

Cement processing 1 should depend on Washing 1.

This looks like a compatiblity issue with mods. Can you post a list of all the mods that you use, with version numbers?

DiakonRu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DiakonRu »

The fact is that I disabled all the mods, then I started to turn on the angel mods sequentially and load the saved game. Until the moment when Smelting was enabled, the clay brick recipe itself was not in the game. After enabling Smelting, the recipe appears immediately blocked!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Angel's Smelting has hard dependencies on Angel's Refining and Angel's Petrochem.
Washing is from Refining. Cement processing is from Smelting.

Sounds like you loaded your game with Smelting but without Refining. Am I right about this?

If yes: This is not supported, as far as I know.
When you activate Angel's Smelting in the mod manager, it also activates Angel's Refining and Petrochem. In order to not load Refining, you have to manually disable it again, either in the mod manager or while loading a save. However, in the mod manager Angel's Smelting will be highlighted in red because its dependencies are not met. Is that what you mean by "turn on the angel mods sequentially"?

If Smelting, Refining, and Petrochem are all present in you game, please provide a full list of all mods and their versions. Maybe even a save file we could sync to, because then it might be a bug.

DiakonRu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DiakonRu »

Yes, I have all the angel mods you specified installed (the latest versions for 0.18) and running. I can attach a save file
Attachments
NOVOYE 9-17.zip
(5.68 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

DiakonRu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DiakonRu »

valneq wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:50 pm
Angel's Smelting has hard dependencies on Angel's Refining and Angel's Petrochem.
Washing is from Refining. Cement processing is from Smelting.

Sounds like you loaded your game with Smelting but without Refining. Am I right about this?

If yes: This is not supported, as far as I know.
When you activate Angel's Smelting in the mod manager, it also activates Angel's Refining and Petrochem. In order to not load Refining, you have to manually disable it again, either in the mod manager or while loading a save. However, in the mod manager Angel's Smelting will be highlighted in red because its dependencies are not met. Is that what you mean by "turn on the angel mods sequentially"?

If Smelting, Refining, and Petrochem are all present in you game, please provide a full list of all mods and their versions. Maybe even a save file we could sync to, because then it might be a bug.
No, when connecting angel mods sequentially (and checking each time by uploading a save file), nothing is marked in red, everything works.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

First of all: When loading your save I get a warning in red, saying I don't have Space Exploration installed. But your save does not use Space Exploration. Only its graphics. Why exactly? Is that a side effect of you trying to figure out what is happening, and originally, you intended to play with Space Exploration?

Anyway:
I can confirm that when I sync to your save and load it, the technology "Washing 1" does not exist. However, when I then just exit the game and start a new one with the same mods and the same settings, "Washing 1" does exist and is a prerequisite to "Cement Processing 1", as can be seen in the screenshot:
20200625134843_1.jpg
20200625134843_1.jpg (482.48 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
This feels like a migration issue, because "Washing 1" is available when I forcibly reset the status of the player's force in your save via

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset()
However, this resets all research, making it not desirable as a solution for this issue. There must be a way to properly fix this via the Lua console. However, I am really not apt in doing any of that kind of stuff. Maybe one of the devs of Angel's mods can give a comment on what is happening, and how to fix it.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Could be due to it being broken in an older version, which should be fixed already...

You could try this command to unlock it

/c game.player.force.technologies['water-washing-1'].enabled=true
Or if you want to research it at once

/c game.player.force.technologies['water-washing-1'].researched=true
And similar for the other researches that could be missing (water-washing-2).

I'll have a look at your save file when it's not so hot outside/inside to see what's wrong with the migration, since valnec said, it's not an issue on a new map.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

DiakonRu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DiakonRu »

valneq wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:01 pm
First of all: When loading your save I get a warning in red, saying I don't have Space Exploration installed. But your save does not use Space Exploration. Only its graphics. Why exactly? Is that a side effect of you trying to figure out what is happening, and originally, you intended to play with Space Exploration?

Anyway:
I can confirm that when I sync to your save and load it, the technology "Washing 1" does not exist. However, when I then just exit the game and start a new one with the same mods and the same settings, "Washing 1" does exist and is a prerequisite to "Cement Processing 1", as can be seen in the screenshot:
20200625134843_1.jpg

This feels like a migration issue, because "Washing 1" is available when I forcibly reset the status of the player's force in your save via

/c game.player.force.reset()
However, this resets all research, making it not desirable as a solution for this issue. There must be a way to properly fix this via the Lua console. However, I am really not apt in doing any of that kind of stuff. Maybe one of the devs of Angel's mods can give a comment on what is happening, and how to fix it.
1. Yes! I have exactly the same result - when loading a new game on the same map with the same mods and with the same settings, "Washing 1" is available. But when uploading a save file, it is not available again. 2. Space Exploration I wanted to use, but there was some conflict and I disabled this mod.

DiakonRu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DiakonRu »

lovely_santa wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:34 pm
Could be due to it being broken in an older version, which should be fixed already...

You could try this command to unlock it

/c game.player.force.technologies['water-washing-1'].enabled=true
Or if you want to research it at once

/c game.player.force.technologies['water-washing-1'].researched=true
And similar for the other researches that could be missing (water-washing-2).

I'll have a look at your save file when it's not so hot outside/inside to see what's wrong with the migration, since valnec said, it's not an issue on a new map.
Thanks. But can you tell us in which file you want to make these changes?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

The mod files are all ok, which is why a new game is fine. Your save file has a problem.

These lines go into the Chat/Lua console of Factorio while the problematic map is running.
How to use the console:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Using_the_console

This will deactivate achievements. Therefore, the game will ask you to type the command twice.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

As mentioned on github, I've put in a migration fix for the next release of refining and tested it on the save file you've provided.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Return to “Angels Mods”