Article on satisfactory mentions user ratings often calling factorio "the better satisfactory"

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Article on satisfactory mentions user ratings often calling factorio "the better satisfactory"

Post by Impatient »

:lol:
In an austrian newspaper (german language)

https://www.derstandard.at/story/200011 ... lusivitaet

Google translation of the part:
In the negative ratings, users criticize several things. On the one hand, many promises made by the developers have not yet been kept. In addition, Satisfactory should become repetitive after a while and not really bring variety. Furthermore, some players would like to see more challenges in the form of more aggressive opponents. Finally, dissatisfied users emphasize that Factorio is basically the better satisfactory.
Which in turn sparked disgruntled user comments, that this article on satsifactory is a hidden promo for factorio. :lol:

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Article on satisfactory mentions user ratings often calling factorio "the better satisfactory"

Post by Bilka »

I only found one comment complaining about the Factorio comparison. Yay for the person promoting that we're releasing 1.0 soon though :p

Offtopic: Ist es normal, dass in den Kommentaren gesiezt wird? Ist das so eine kulturell österreichische Sache? :lol:
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Article on satisfactory mentions user ratings often calling factorio "the better satisfactory"

Post by Impatient »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:38 am
I only found one comment complaining about the Factorio comparison. Yay for the person promoting that we're releasing 1.0 soon though :p

Offtopic: Ist es normal, dass in den Kommentaren gesiezt wird? Ist das so eine kulturell österreichische Sache? :lol:
Ja voll, ich glaub die Österreicher sind da viel reservierter. :lol: Ich vermute Du bist Deutscher?
Last edited by Impatient on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

*Norddeutscher und somit ziemlich weit weg von der österreicherischen Kultur. Aber trotzdem nah genug dran um die Kommentare lesen zu können :lol:
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

Nein. Du ist eigentlich Standard im österreichischen Teil des Internets.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Nosferatu wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:33 pm
Nein. Du ist eigentlich Standard im österreichischen Teil des Internets.
Also auf derstandard.at nicht. Vielleicht duzen sich einige User im Web-Ressort, sonst aber nicht. Je nach Erhitzung beim diskutieren, erfolgen schon unwirsche Reaktionen wenn man jemanden duzt. Im Allgemeinen siezen sich die User in den Foren dort.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Please, remember this is an English forum :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

:lol:
You know, it all went off-topic.

The thing is, I don't even know the names of the things we are discussing. I think it is called a "respectful you" and a "casual you", which both are used in the german language. Something that isn't used in english. You are from france, if I recall right. Do you make that distinction in french?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Indeed, we have "tu" for "du" (the casual you) and "vous" for "ihr" but also for "Sie" (the polite you). Well If I'm not totally mistaken, my German is extremely rusted.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Koub wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 pm
Indeed, we have "tu" for "du" (the casual you) and "vous" for "ihr" but also for "Sie" (the polite you). Well If I'm not totally mistaken, my German is extremely rusted.
No you are not mistaken. These are the correct correspondences.

English, in fact used to have a distinction between thou (Du) and ye/you (Ihr). The first got out of use because it was increasingly seen as disrespectful. So historically speaking, English only useses the formal form to address people :D But in modern language it is not considered formal anymore.

But this is really off topic :oops:

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

That is ridiculous, calling Factorio a "better Satisfactory" when it's OBVIOUSLY the other way around.

Satisfactory is a worse Factorio.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Koub wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 pm
Props for knowing your way around in the german language. :thumbsup:

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lovewyrm »

Satisfactory exceeded my highly critical expectations (I held off cause I figured that a '3d factorio' would run like Scheibenkleister (the word in German one might use to not say Ssssshhhhh-) but it actually performed rather well) .
Exploring (in fact, some of the textures and regions gave me a strange sort of nostalgia, which was nice) was the best part for me of the game and the ~30 hours or so I played were, yes, quite satisfying.

Haven't touched it for some time now though. The 'idea' of scaling up in satisfactory for some reason turns me off. I think about it, but what I get from my brain is a tinge of tedium so I just watch lets players instead, lol.

Also, while I very much enjoy the handcrafted map, I don't know how much it serves the gameplay core. Which I, despite not being too attracted to it in Satisfactory, consider solving logistics and engineering problems, and the static map, I dunno, it leaves a bland taste in my mouth from a problem solving perspective.

Overall I like the game, but I don't feel very motivated to play it a lot.

Also: Actual disliked aspect I have: Dumb memes and references. Yeah, haha, fellow epicmen, I get the reference AHAHA HAHAH HAH HAH HA HH I too am a consumer of popular culture so I know the reference so I laugh and I clap at the references because I recognize them AHHUU AHUU AHUUU AHUUUUU..HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

bleh.

TheKillerChicken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheKillerChicken »

As much as I like Satisfactory, the Unreal 4 Engine has severe limits compared to Factorio. I also like Factorio more, but that is because I like 2d games more than 3d games. Factorio is also a complete package, whereas Satisfactory is a buggy mess at this time. Also: you do not fight hordes of murderous and maddened alien bugs. Factorio is what I call a Tera-scale factory builder. Sorry for the Necro, but I just wanted to weigh in on my personal opinion.

archaicvirus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by archaicvirus »

I think satisfactory is a good game. I try not to be too harsh on satisfactory, knowing that they were most likely inspired by Factorio. Either way, as an aspiring dev I can't help but imagine how frustrating it must be to always be compared to another title, instead of merit-based judgement. I mean I believe everyone should still be able to express their opinion, however these are two very different games, only similar in certain aspects. IMO I will always prefer to play Factorio. I love the community, how the game is highly optimized, and the replay value makes it the winning title in my book. With that being said, Factorio is the winning title for me compared to any game, personally.

TheKillerChicken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheKillerChicken »

I like Factorio more as I can go yotta-scale with the values. Unlike Satisfactory, I can test the bandwidth of my DRAM as well. For Satisfactory, I have an RTX 2080Ti with 32x 3.6Ghz and 128G RAM for that. I also like that Factorio has Zerg in it, and with mods, can make then mega-brutal. I also like to pollute to the point that it is at yotta-scale pollution. No other game I know of can have values of that insane value. Satisfactory is limited to 2.1B for everything despite it being a 64-bit engine. Perhaps the UE5 update will allow me to go at yotta-scale madness.

Return to “Spread the Word”