[Rseding91] [0.18.32] Modded: Inconsistent Entity Details Sidebar with Base Productivity

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
QGamer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.18.32] Modded: Inconsistent Entity Details Sidebar with Base Productivity

Post by QGamer »

Summary
The productivity bonus shown in the entity details sidebar is inconsistent between placed entities, entity ghosts, & entities in hand that the player is about to place. This inconsistency becomes most obvious when using an entity that has both a productivity bonus from technologies & a base productivity bonus as specified by the entity prototype.

So I created a little mod to more easily demonstrate this; see attachment. I examined the entity detail sidebar of mining drills & labs, since their prototypes support both base productivity & productivity from technology.
What happened?
The behavior is inconsistent:
For mining drill ghosts, no productivity bonus is shown, ever. For lab ghosts, the productivity bonus from technology is shown, but not the base productivity.
For placed entities, the productivity bonus shown is correct.
For entities in hand that you're about to place, the productivity bonus from technology is shown, but not the base productivity.
What did you expect to happen?
I expected placed entities, entity ghosts, and entities in hand that you're about to place to all show THE SAME value for productivity, namely, the correct bonus from base productivity plus technology.
Steps to reproduce the bug:
For a LAB:
1) Load the game with a mod that has a lab with base productivity. Start a new game.
2) Place one productive lab in the world. Hover over it with the cursor to verify that it has a productivity bonus equal to its base productivity. This is correct.
3) Place one productive lab ghost in the world. Hover over it with the cursor to verify that there is no productivity bonus there. The productivity bonus is missing from the entity details sidebar.
4) Hold one productive lab in your hand and prepare to place it. Notice how in the entity sidebar there is no productivity bonus there. The productivity bonus is missing from the entity details sidebar.
5) Research a technology that applies productivity to labs.
6) Hover the cursor over the placed productive lab. Notice how in the entity sidebar view it has a productivity bonus equal to its base productivity + the bonus from technology. This is correct.
7) Hover the cursor over the placed ghost productive lab. Notice how in the entity sidebar view it has a productivity bonus equal to the bonus from technology. The base productivity bonus is missing.
8) Hold one productive lab in your hand and prepare to place it. Notice how in the entity sidebar the productivity bonus shown is equal to the bonus from technology. The base productivity bonus is missing.

For a MINING DRILL:
1) Load the game with a mod that has a mining drill with base productivity. Start a new game.
2) Place one productive mining drill in the world. Hover over it with the cursor to verify that it has a productivity bonus equal to its base productivity. This is correct.
3) Place one productive mining drill ghost in the world. Hover over it with the cursor to verify that there is no productivity bonus there. The productivity bonus is missing from the entity details sidebar.
4) Hold one productive mining drill in your hand and prepare to place it. Notice how in the entity sidebar there is no productivity bonus there. The productivity bonus is missing from the entity details sidebar.
5) Research a technology that applies productivity to mining drills.
6) Hover the cursor over the placed productive mining drill. Notice how in the entity sidebar view it has a productivity bonus equal to its base productivity + the bonus from technology. This is correct.
7) Hover the cursor over the placed ghost productive mining drill. Notice how in the entity sidebar view there is no productivity bonus there. The productivity bonus is missing from the entity details sidebar.
8) Hold one productive mining drill in your hand and prepare to place it. Notice how in the entity sidebar the productivity bonus shown is equal to the bonus from technology. The base productivity bonus is missing.
Attachments
I took this screenshot the moment I first noticed the bug.
Screenshot_2_annotated.png (4.94 MiB) Viewed 2694 times
Screenshot_1_annotated.png (4.9 MiB) Viewed 2694 times
factorio-current.log
The latest log file.
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
BaseProductivityBug_1.0.0.zip
This is a simple mod I used to examine the behavior of labs & mining drills with productivity.
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.32] Modded: Inconsistent Entity Details Sidebar with Base Productivity

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, it's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”