Information about releases and roadmap.
Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.31

Post by Guenni7 »

jeffwa wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:09 pm
The problem happens when multiple trains are on the way to the station, one shows up, turns off the station, and all the other trains stop dead on the tracks and need to be manually resent to the loading location. Previously they would automatically route back to the point of origin, refuel, and wait for the requester to need iron plate again. This appears to be a new behavior.
I use the same setup as you, and trains work just as intended. Maybe you're using a mod that's not working right with newer versions?

sathill
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sathill »

OK guys one big tip from me. In my game settings saturation was set to 75% or something (default?). Colors watered down. I change it to max (125%) and its better now. Still kinda blured i dont know why. Like in version 0.14 i could play 5 hours and it was fine. In 0.18 i play for two and then i just cant see sharp. Because of some kind of blur or shi*.

jeffwa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jeffwa »

I think i resolved this.

I forgot the challenge is part of the fun and started to work around.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

sathill wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:24 pm
OK guys one big tip from me. In my game settings saturation was set to 75% or something (default?). Colors watered down. I change it to max (125%) and its better now. Still kinda blured i dont know why. Like in version 0.14 i could play 5 hours and it was fine. In 0.18 i play for two and then i just cant see sharp. Because of some kind of blur or shi*.
Thanks!
The default is 60, i set it to 100 and everything looks cleaner and sharper.
Devs might want to think about changing the default value, the difference is huge.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Ever since the staturation was introduced as a graphics setting, its default value was 100. I am pretty sure of that. When resettings graphics settings to default values right now [version 0.18.31], saturation does go to 100.
Why do you think the default is 60 or 75?
Is it possible that the default values depend on graphics hardware/drivers?

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

valneq wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:06 am
Why do you think the default is 60 or 75?
Is it possible that the default values depend on graphics hardware/drivers?
I'm quite sure it's 60 because I never touched theese settings ever. And I got a clean new config recently when I installed the .18.x version.
I have a NVIDIA card, but I don't think it is depending on hardware.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Try touching the settings then.

Go to Settings -> Graphics and click the red reset button.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Some graphics settings default to different values based on HW, but saturation always defaults to 100, contrast and brightness default to 0. If you hover over "reset setting" button, it'll highlight which settings don't have default values.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

posila wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:51 am
Some graphics settings default to different values based on HW, but saturation always defaults to 100, contrast and brightness default to 0. If you hover over "reset setting" button, it'll highlight which settings don't have default values.
As I got a clean config after installing the new version and saturation was 60, maybe clean config is not the same as reset default values?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Guenni7 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 am
As I got a clean config after installing the new version and saturation was 60, maybe clean config is not the same as reset default values?
Clean config is the same as resetting default values. But what do you mean "got a clean config after installing the new version", config is not in installation directory nor is cleaned when the game is installed/reinstalled. Config is in %APPDATA%\Factorio\config\config.ini.
I have no idea what set saturation to 60 on your computer. Sometimes nVidia Experience likes to "optimize" graphics settings, but they don't touch saturation as far as I know. I guess some other software thinks Factorio is best played desaturated.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:28 am
Clean config is the same as resetting default values. But what do you mean "got a clean config after installing the new version", config is not in installation directory nor is cleaned when the game is installed/reinstalled. Config is in %APPDATA%\Factorio\config\config.ini.
I have no idea what set saturation to 60 on your computer. Sometimes nVidia Experience likes to "optimize" graphics settings, but they don't touch saturation as far as I know. I guess some other software thinks Factorio is best played desaturated.
No, I use the zip-package and all files are located in the factorio-folder, including the config file. And I unzipped into a new folder.
No NVIDIA Experience installed either.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:59 am
No, I use the zip-package and all files are located in the factorio-folder, including the config file. And I unzipped into a new folder.
No NVIDIA Experience installed either.
Ok, that will create new default config. So it is strange the values were wrong ... unless ... there was already an edited config in the zip package you used.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:01 am
Ok, that will create new default config. So it is strange the values were wrong ... unless ... there was already an edited config in the zip package you used.
I downloaded it from your homepage and then used the updater ;)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Then I don't know and can't reproduce.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:06 am
Then I don't know and can't reproduce.
Hmm, strange... Maybe you should force saturation to 100 in next update, because at 60 it's driving people just mad and they don't even know why.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:11 am
Hmm, strange... Maybe you should force saturation to 100 in next update, because at 60 it's driving people just mad and they don't even know why.
Well, unless I know what made it 60, I don't want to reset people's settings. As far as I know, you messed with it, forgot you messed with it and then was surprised the game looked bad. Or someone else messed with it on your computer.

Do you use any "software for gamers"? If you close the game, delete the config, and start the game again, what does it default to?

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

When I start it without config.ini, it is set to 100.
No, I don't use "Software for gamers".

Return to β€œReleases”