[1.1] - Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1] - Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

Post by kirazy »

Version 0.0.17

Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods
A work-in-progress complete visual overhaul of Bobingabout's suite of mods
This mod reskins the items, structures, equipment, and technologies added to Factorio by Bob's Mods, adding tier coloring and labels. Care has been taken to emulate and align with Factorio's vanilla aesthetics.

Mod page: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/reskins-bobs

For an interactive sliding comparison of this reskin to standard Bob's mods, click here, showcasing version 0.0.17.

As this is a work-in-progress effort, not all items, structures and all the rest have yet been touched, but the objective is to bring everything up to high-resolution standards. Weapons, ammo, circuits, plates, all of these will receive updated sprites to bring them up to Factorio's current standard.

Localization
You are welcome to help with localization, please use this Crowdin project. You can find more details here.
Last edited by kirazy on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:31 am, edited 27 times in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18] - (BETA) Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

Post by valneq »

Hey there,

I already posted on mod portal, but noticed only later that you ask to get bug reports here.

Loaded in addition to Bob's + Angel's, with ShinyBob + ShinyAngels. Got this error message:

44.962 Mods to disable:Fehler beim Laden der Mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=64x64) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32).
If this is being used as an icon you may need to define the icon_size property.: ShinyAngelGFX/graphics/icons/chemical-plant-1.png

Mods, die deaktiviert werden müssen:
• ShinyAngelGFX (0.18.2)
• aai-industry (0.4.13)
• angelspetrochem (0.9.11)
• angelsrefining (0.11.13)
• bobassembly (0.18.5)
• reskins-bobs (0.0.2)
• bobplates (0.18.8)

Feels like a bug in ShinyAngel, but ShinyAngel works when not loading this mod.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Yep, it's a ShinyAngel issue, unfortunately. Tried a few things to work around it on my end, but wasn't able to make it work. I've reported it on his end. :)

Thanks for the report.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

I've created a fix for the ShinyAngelGFX crash, and given it to Zombiee. He says he'll try to push an update tomorrow.

In the mean time, if you want to apply the fix yourself, download and place "shinyicons.lua" in ShinyAngelGFX/prototypes and replace the file already there, in your mods folder. It may be necessary to extract ShinyAngelGFX from its zip file, but you can also place it in the zip file directly. If you're not comfortable doing this, just wait for him to push his fix.

Verison 0.00.3 of my mod in combination with this fix works with Angel+Bob. :)

Edit: He has pushed an update, so I'm removing the attachment.
Last edited by kirazy on Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nastyslave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nastyslave »

WOW man! TWO THOUSAND gfx files!!! :shock: You're so AWESOME artisan creator! Dont think it is SO huge...
For sure this true sterling MOD of full value must be like pattern/standard for any modmaker:: That's how mod must be created and done!
Great and accurate gfx! Maximum of files optimizations! Great customization for players!

Man... no words... just only best regards to you!
Of cource many thanks for beta release!

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

There, Zombiee has pushed a fix for ShinyAngelGFX, so this mod and that should play nice.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I saw you added support for Loader Redux. Does that mean you use the graphics in style of Vanilla Loaders HD for loaders from Loader Redux, even when Vanilla loaders HD is not loaded? Or do you have Angel's style HD graphics for Loader Redux?

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Angels style.

Edit: Though I could add a checkbox option to use vanilla style, if that's what you wanted?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

kirazy wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 pm
Angels style.
That is fine. If I want Vanilla Loaders HD style, I can just load that mod in addition (with desired settings), right?

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

valneq wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:07 pm
kirazy wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 pm
Angels style.
That is fine. If I want Vanilla Loaders HD style, I can just load that mod in addition (with desired settings), right?
Yup.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

What this mod does is amazing. You did a really great job!

I'd love to have this for Angel's too … but I cannot even imagine how much work that would be.

Using this with ShinyAngelGFX at the moment is a bit confusing, though. I think there are some fights over some of the entities/icons. Specifically the icon for the Oil Refinery MK1 was not in line with the higher tiers icons. Have not checked the entity, yet.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Angels is on the agenda, and I may be able to work with the Angels dev team to re-render some of their entities in higher resolution. Depends; I don't know how easy that will be and I have limited experience in Blender (but not in 3D modeling).

I will go see what ShinyAngelGFX is doing and see what can be done about it.

Edit: I will add, I expect Angels to be easier. I don't have to make entities from scratch!

Edit 2: I think the Oil Refinery is the only clash. I'll patch it (for now... I plan to not be compatible with Shiny in the future... the distant future, though).

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Can you also check the chemical plant (Bob's version)? Its icon looks wrong when ShinyAngelGFX is active. I just see it in Helmod, because it is not correctly deactivated by Angel's mods.
Last edited by valneq on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

I have a fix for this implemented, and it will be in the next version. ShinyAngelGFX reskins chem1 and refinery1 icons in data-final-fixes, which is why they're weird currently. I've moved icon handling for my mod to data-final-fixes, which fixes this issue, effective next version. :)

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I had not updated to 0.18.31 because of ShinyBobGFX. With your latest update, it crashed. Maybe you want to set the minimum Factorio version for your mod to 0.18.31 now?

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

I'm working on beacons/modules and supporting 2, 4 and 6 slots on the beacons, but as part of that I'm redoing the look of the modules.

I have a survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QVTS6F3 on the two designs being considered, and would appreciate responses. :)

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

That is a tricky thing. Will heavily depend on how it looks in the game.

By just looking at the large picture you provided on surveymonkey, I tend towards the first option:
fill row of four first. (have not voted yet)

I am worried that with the second option, it will not be easy to discern tier 2 from tier 1 and tier 4 from tier 3 and so on – especially when the picture is downscaled for the appropriate zoom level.

Option one could run into problem discerning level 1 from level 5, but they are so far apart in terms of tech level, and not frequently used side by side.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

I have the other style as icons already, it's taking a bit to get the others ready, haha.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Heyy.. you might recognize me from Reverse Factory and Mini Machines. So getting an error (technically multiple errors) with reskins-bobs and mini-machines, which I believe is caused by reskins-bobs assuming that various mods are being loaded with mini machines.

See (..\prototypes\compatibility\mini-machines.lua) lines 92, 103, and 132) would not load without also running Bobs Mining, Bobs Warfare, and Bobs Modules respectively. The other lines (81, 113, and 123) may also cause similar issues, if not running Bobs Assembling Machines and Bobs Logistics, but I happened to be running those at the time. Not sure if intended, but a bit annoying.

Also just saw how everything looks so far, with mini machines and shiny bob GFX, and everything looks wonderful. I LOVE the mini icon replacements. Also also, thanks for the warning! Sorry that I never responded to the message (I was going to when bob updated and somebody reported an issue, but I don't think the name change has gone through yet?), but yeah, thanks!

Return to “Bob's mods”