[0.18.29][Modding] furnace type does not take temperature into account

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.18.29][Modding] furnace type does not take temperature into account

Post by lovely_santa »

Hi,

The furnace type is meant to take in 1 ingredient. From this ingredient, it takes the "first suitable recipe" and starts making that recipe. However, for example, I have 2 recipes that take in steam as ingredient, one that has max_temperature set to 500-0.01 and one that has min_temperature set to 500. This way I'm sure there is no overlap. I generate the recipes in order, such that the lower temperature is 'higher' in the list than the higher temperature.

Assume I'm providing steam at 165°, it will take the first recipe, the one wit max_temp set to 499.99, and will craft the recipe. However, when I provide steam at 500°, it still takes this first recipe of steam with a max_temp set to 499.99 and will block, instead of switching over to the second recipe.

Since it still takes in 1 fluid, the furnace type should check (for fluids) if there are other recipes available that do meet the criteria. Mod to reproduce this is Pressurized Fluids. While starting up a game with it, there is a setting to change it over to manual setting the recipes, which converts the furnace to an assembler, and then you can see the recipes in the compressor.

Kind regards
lovely_santa
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.29][Modding] furnace type does not take temperature into account

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”