FFF349 and locales

Discuss translation contributions here.
bev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

FFF349 and locales

Post by bev »

In the last FFF, Klonan mentioned that the locales are now frozen, to allow Altagram to work.
However, I notice, via Crowdin platform, that new strings are still being added at the moment.
I suppose they are a few latecomers and their translation is always welcome. ;)
bev
Administrateur de la communauté des joueurs francophones de Factorio / Administrator of Factorio's French-speaking players community : https://discord.gg/kwZCMfa
Mod de traduction / Translation mod FR : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PatchFR
Belgium

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: FFF349 and locales

Post by valneq »

In fact, 0.18.29 added more strings for the mini-tutorials. I don't know how I am to understand a "locale freeze" for English while more strings are being added. Are we supposed to continue translating?

[edit]: Until further notice, I will continue translating and approving strings on Crowdin. Mainly because Crowdin allows it. Whether or not they make it into the game, is to be seen.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

It should be last big batch of locale changes ... we might add something in the coming weeks if we really need to, but we won't do big changes anymore.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

posila wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:39 pm
It should be last big batch of locale changes ... we might add something in the coming weeks if we really need to, but we won't do big changes anymore.
Should we interpret this statement as "Please add community translations to the recent additions on Crowdin" or should we interpret this as "Please respect the locale freeze and stop translation work on Crowdin, so that Altagram can start proofreading all the locales"?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Please add community translations to the recent additions on Crowdin.
Thank you! :)

TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheEnemy42 »

I'm still in doubt about how this "locale freeze" should be understood. I've begun to fix coherency, grammar, etc. after I've pushed the translation percentage to 100% as I've just recently been promoted to proofreader but would you rather I keep my hands off?
Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

valneq wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:41 pm
posila wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:39 pm
Should we interpret this statement as "Please add community translations to the recent additions on Crowdin" or should we interpret this as "Please respect the locale freeze and stop translation work on Crowdin, so that Altagram can start proofreading all the locales"?
The locale freeze is only about the English source text for now,
It was meant to be on Friday/Monday, but some last minute (behind schedule) locale changes were added, and then further needed correction today.

With todays release we have said to the locale company that we have frozen the locale,
So they can begin to proofread the English source texts without the problem that we would change them in the meantime.

As for other languages, please continue contributing, you can add change amend them,
Altagram will work with crowdin for the non-english proofreadings, they will suggest and approve changes just as any individual proofreader,
And your comments and votes will help them make the best locale possible

TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheEnemy42 »

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. This obviously also means that the source texts will be updated at some point following Altagram's English source proofreading.

I'll continue my work and look forward to getting assistance from Altagram at some point. I'm happy to give back something to the game and community that has given me so many hours of fun :)
Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

Return to “Translations”