Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

hhrhhr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by hhrhhr »

I suppose I found something similar to a copy-paste error.

angelsrefining_0.11.10\prototypes\angels-functions.lua
function angelsmods.functions.create_viscous_liquid_fluid_icon:
function angelsmods.functions.create_viscous_liquid_fluid_icon wrote: @721:
tints.bot_left and {
icon = "__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-viscous-item-bot-left.png",
icon_size = 256,
scale = 32/256,
tint = tints.bot_left,
shift = molecule_icon and {3.5, 0} or nil,
} or nil,
tints.bot_left and {
icon = "__angelsrefining__/graphics/icons/angels-liquid/liquid-viscous-item-bot-right.png",
icon_size = 256,
scale = 32/256,
tint = tints.bot_right,
shift = molecule_icon and {3.5, 0} or nil,
} or nil,

@921: similar

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:41 pm
Updating the Angels suite changed a recipe that would force me to demolish all my refining and smelting setup to build another one.
I was using :

- Refining 0.11.7
- Smelting 0.6.3
- Petrochem 0.9.5
- Bio 0.7.5

The ore sorting process gave me slag, copper ore and iron ore.

However when I updated the suite, the ore sorting process gave me slag, pebbles and nuggets.
This means I can't update the mods unless I want to break my setup.
Sorry for the late reply... but this appears to have been caused by a "was broken, now fixed" problem, can you please run a test with the latest version please. I can confirm that the newest versions are working as intended.

I would like to apologise if you happened to have access to exotic materials (zinc sorting ect) with just those 4 mods, you should only have access to the basics and versions of iron/copper from sorting recipes.

You should have pebbles/slag/nuggets while playing with angelsindustries or bobsplates. You seem to have been on a version of petrochem/bioprocessing which was somewhat broken in this regard, Sorry.

Lacisum Utama
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lacisum Utama »

After 550 Hours in my current playthrough (dont judge)... I reached a problem that was addressed here regarding the Salt/Lithium production. I was advised on Reddit to update my version (9.4) as it had been fixed and patched. I am now trying to use version 9.8 but am now encountering this error screen loading it.

https://prnt.sc/shhd1l

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

pezzawinkle wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Sorry for the late reply... but this appears to have been caused by a "was broken, now fixed" problem, can you please run a test with the latest version please. I can confirm that the newest versions are working as intended.

I would like to apologise if you happened to have access to exotic materials (zinc sorting ect) with just those 4 mods, you should only have access to the basics and versions of iron/copper from sorting recipes.

You should have pebbles/slag/nuggets while playing with angelsindustries or bobsplates. You seem to have been on a version of petrochem/bioprocessing which was somewhat broken in this regard, Sorry.
Thanks for the answer and your hard work and no need to apologize :D

So tried the following versions :
- Refining 0.11.10
- Smelting 0.6.6
- Petrochem 0.9.8
- Bio 0.7.8

If I load only these 4 mods and start a new game or load a saved game, I'm still getting Slag + Pebbles + Nuggets. I tried to delete the mods and download them again, to no avail. Tried to load only Refining and still getting pebbles.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Angel's Exploration is missing a call to angelsmods.functions.OV.execute() in data-updates.lua; without that, any recipe changes just sit in the table until the next Angel's mod calls OV.execute(), which finally carries out the recipe changes, and results in a misleading prototype history.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:15 pm
pezzawinkle wrote:

- Refining 0.11.10
- Smelting 0.6.6
- Petrochem 0.9.8
- Bio 0.7.8

If I load only these 4 mods and start a new game or load a saved game, I'm still getting Slag + Pebbles + Nuggets. I tried to delete the mods and download them again, to no avail. Tried to load only Refining and still getting pebbles.
OK, to clarify... without Bobs or Angelsindustries(overhaul on), you are meant to get slag + Pebbles + Nuggets :D

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

Ah dangit, I got it thanks for the highlight :lol:

However... uranium fields were removed from the map. Which means now to obtain uranium I have to
- Either use low-yield recipes like the one with slag slurry
- Or use the recipes that produce unusable ores for instance the Stiratite Crystal one
- Or use the recipe with hybrid catalyst however I'm in a pickle : not only there is no recipe for crystal catalyst (while there is one for hybrid), but even if there was one, my game spanned over a wide time period :

I started it with a version providing the typical Slag + Pebbles + Nuggets WHILE the map generation gave only stiratite, saphirite jivolite and crotinnium fields (no rubyte nor bobmonium).
Then, as you mentioned it, through updates the recipes switched to Slag + Iron + Copper for which I had to demolish my setup. By the way, the mod went mad, displaying messages like "unable to find rubyte generation". I don't know how I got rid of them but I did.
And today, I have three choices :
- Reverting back to the working versions (I guess that's what I'll do)
- Going for Slag + Pebbles + Nuggets implying I have tremendously huge demolition works to perform (not only demolition but also grabbing ore, ingots, plates, fuel and stuff)
- Going for Slag + Iron + Copper, requiring a smaller additionnal work but forcing me to use awful recipes because the good ones require ore that wasn't generated when I started the game. I could edit the map but it doesn't solve the fact I'll end with amounts of unusable ore like gold or silver

I'm cursed 8-)

toxic_avocado
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by toxic_avocado »

When playing with bob's angel's and omni mods, the lead and tin plates made from the crushed lead and tin don't seem to work inside any recipes (and do not even show up in FNEI), for example solder mixture. When I try to manually hand feed the machine, it says "only lead plate can be inserted here, not lead plate". Same for tin plate.

I was told that it was an angel's mod issue?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... a08135.png

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:15 pm
pezzawinkle wrote:

- Refining 0.11.10
- Smelting 0.6.6
- Petrochem 0.9.8
- Bio 0.7.8

There are two ways of not getting the pebbles/nuggets:
  • Install bobs mods, that introduces these ores
  • Install angels industries and make sure "Enable Industry Overhaul" is enabled, which has the same effect.
pezzawinkle wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:29 am
OK, to clarify... without Bobs or Angelsindustries(overhaul on), you are meant to get slag + Pebbles + Nuggets :D
(Yes, Pez did miswrite this)
MageKing17 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:58 am
Angel's Exploration is missing a call to angelsmods.functions.OV.execute() in data-updates.lua; without that, any recipe changes just sit in the table until the next Angel's mod calls OV.execute(), which finally carries out the recipe changes, and results in a misleading prototype history.
Thanks for the report. This is fixed for the next release of exploration.
toxic_avocado wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:02 pm
When playing with bob's angel's and omni mods, the lead and tin plates made from the crushed lead and tin don't seem to work inside any recipes (and do not even show up in FNEI), for example solder mixture. When I try to manually hand feed the machine, it says "only lead plate can be inserted here, not lead plate". Same for tin plate.

I was told that it was an angel's mod issue?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... a08135.png
Can you provide a save that I can sync my mods to, to test this out? There are indeed 2 types of plates (angels and bobs). It seems like you are producing the wrong one, which could indeed be a bug on angels side, but I would have to have a look at what mods are changing the recipes, hence the need for the save file.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

bulb5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bulb5 »

One tiny nit-picky thing: for Angels Refining 0.11.10, the Ferric Ore Dust recipe takes 4 seconds, while the Cupric Ore Dust recipe takes 1 second. Everything else between ferric and cupric is symmetrical, so I suspect this wasn't intentional.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

bulb5 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:42 pm
One tiny nit-picky thing: for Angels Refining 0.11.10, the Ferric Ore Dust recipe takes 4 seconds, while the Cupric Ore Dust recipe takes 1 second. Everything else between ferric and cupric is symmetrical, so I suspect this wasn't intentional.
It is indeed supposed to be 4 seconds.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

PSquared1234
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ, Angel's Bio Processing

Post by PSquared1234 »

Concerning v 0.7.8 of Angel's Bio Processing. When searching the wilds for a specific puffer type (I'm looking for Blazing Puffers), and harvesting the eggs by "mining the puffers," the result -- regardless of the type of puffer you mine -- is (at least for me) always a Gaseous Puffer egg. I'm at least 40 for 40.

This may or may not be intended, and I do realize that it's possible (5% possibility) to get other types in the Refugiume, but... it would (IMO) be better if mining a Blazing Puffer returned a Blazing Puffer egg.

Interesting sound effects for the Gaseous Puffers in the Refugiume, BTW. I didn't get the "beans as food" joke at first ;-)

Thanks for a great mod.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ, Angel's Bio Processing

Post by lovely_santa »

PSquared1234 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:48 am
Concerning v 0.7.8 of Angel's Bio Processing. When searching the wilds for a specific puffer type (I'm looking for Blazing Puffers), and harvesting the eggs by "mining the puffers," the result -- regardless of the type of puffer you mine -- is (at least for me) always a Gaseous Puffer egg. I'm at least 40 for 40.

This may or may not be intended, and I do realize that it's possible (5% possibility) to get other types in the Refugiume, but... it would (IMO) be better if mining a Blazing Puffer returned a Blazing Puffer egg.

Interesting sound effects for the Gaseous Puffers in the Refugiume, BTW. I didn't get the "beans as food" joke at first ;-)

Thanks for a great mod.
You are correct, mining puffer structures in the wild will only return gaseous puffer eggs. AFAIK, there are no blazing structures, there is just 1 with some different graphics.

If you've read the development thread / looked at github, you'll see I'm adding dedicated breeding recipes for each egg for the next release:

PSquared1234
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PSquared1234 »

Thank you for the detailed reply.

Alyssa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alyssa »

Polluted Artificial Fish Water from Fish Tanks doesn't get consumed by the Clarifies or the Flare Stack for that matter....why? :shock:

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Alyssa wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 am
Polluted Artificial Fish Water from Fish Tanks doesn't get consumed by the Clarifies or the Flare Stack for that matter....why? :shock:
This should be changed in an upcoming release. It should indeed be possible to void this in the clarifyer. But be careful, there will be more changes in the upcoming releases of Angel's Bio Processing: polluted fish water will become more useful.

At the moment, you have to turn it into sulfuric waste water and alien spores (in a hydro plant) if you want to void it.

Dandere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dandere »

Why is this happening? Was working yesterday, now is not. I've tried re-installing Factorio and Refining.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Dandere wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Why is this happening? Was working yesterday, now is not. I've tried re-installing Factorio and Refining.
This is happening because there was an update to the base game of Factorio, version 0.18.27, and mods need to adapt to the changes.
According to this issue on the Angel's mods github, this issue is resolved for the next release of Angel's mods:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/247

[edit]: You can try to downgrade the base game of Factorio to 0.18.26 since a lot of mods are currently not working. If you rely on these mods for playing, stay at 0.18.26 for the next couple of days before upgrading to 0.18.27.

Dandere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dandere »

Ah, thank you. I looked for and didn't find evidence of a new factorio version, so I was confused.

Grize
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grize »

Fix for Error Loading on "--base--/graphics/icons/rock-huge-icon.png" :

search in prototypes/generation/angel-crytal-rock.lua
load it with an editor
change there from:
icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/rock-huge-icon.png",

to:
icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/rock-huge.png",