[0.18.26] Crash when loading a save

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
cjmarsh23
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.26] Crash when loading a save

Post by cjmarsh23 »

Just before updating to latest version, I been playing no issues. I noticed there has been update released, so I save and shut down factorio to update it. After the update no problems making it to the main menu. I click the quick link to load my most recent save and soon after factorio crashes. A window pops up telling me an unexpected error occurred. It instructs me to posting a bug report here. I do have a few mods installed, you will see them listed in the log file.

excerpt of log file where it crashes.

1864.328 Checksum for script __BigLab__/control.lua: 3747340583
1864.330 Checksum for script __vanilla-loaders-hd__/control.lua: 576091904
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-bhugfc\libraries\stackwalker\stackwalker.cpp (924): StackWalker::ShowCallstack
Attachments
factorio-current.log
log file created after crash
(24.05 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

cjmarsh23
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Extra info about the crash

Post by cjmarsh23 »

I tracked down the culprit. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/adamo-chopper
Something that mod is doing is clashing with numerous other mods like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BigLab
I don't know what it is doing but turning off just that mod stops the hard crash. I will just have to not use it, its fun but there is other aircraft mods I can use instead. Maybe knowing what mod was doing it, will help you guys track down why.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.26] Crash when loading a save

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The crash is fixed for the next release. Instead of a hard crash you'll get a proper error stating which mod is broken.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.26] Crash when loading a save

Post by Adamo »

I can try to fix this. The Chopper mod is a fork of Kumpu's original Helicopter mod. The system is pretty wicked due to the way it has to rebuild the function tables on load, but I gutted the entire thing myself, so I know most of what's going on. I can't imagine what it would be doing with vanilla loaders HD. BigLab, I've yet to try. I tried loading the three mods -- vanilla loaders HD, which I already used, Chopper, and Big Lab. It doesn't crash for me. Is it possible this has been fixed? I'm looking through your mod list and nothing jumps out at me as something that should be incompatible. Does the log give any more useful information now that Rseding91 and the crew have changed the error output? Are there are particular conditions on the map you loaded that I should be aware of when trying to recreate the issue?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”