Multiplayer issues - READ BEFORE POSTING

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Multiplayer issues - READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by kovarex »

The multiplayer is in a VERY experimental state. There are problems that we are aware of, mainly in corner cases, like joining more players at the same time, player drops in special situations etc.

Specific things to be aware of:

1. Avoid connecting multiple players into the game at about the same time. Sequentially it works just fine.
2. When a desync happen and players reconnect there might be multiple instances of players in the game. Check the /players command in the debug console. You can delete offline players by typing /c game.removeofflineplayer("username")
3. If things break it is often safer to restart the whole game than just reconnecting

When a desync happens:

1. Stay calm
2. Try to think about why the desync has happened
3. If possible please try to experiment a bit and reproduce the desync
4. Check out this sub forum if it has been reported already
5. If not, report it and give as many details as possiblekj

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Read first

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

If there were no bugs or problems you guys would be better than god :).

I am awaiting a lot of issues, so I can not be dissapointed even if I do not get this to start today :)

PS.: Feel free to delete this post if it is too off topic :)

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Read first

Post by n9103 »

For the record, I was in a game with ColonelWill and jrb0001 for around 3 hours and we had no desyncs between us. A few others joined, and caused desyncs themselves, but us three were flawless, and gameplay was nearly lag-free when players with problematic connections left.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

thomas2003
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Multiplayer issues - READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by thomas2003 »

Hello,I've like to report a bug that keeps me from playing Multiplayer,I have the game Port forwarded(I think:P)Firewall acess.

Here is a screenshot:Image

Other people can join the game but I can't.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Hi. This isn't a good place to report bugs -- next time you should create a new thread and not post into the existing topics on top.

Your problem doesn't really look like a bug -- addresses starting with 10 are private and are never routed through the internet, which would explain why you can't connect.
As you described it seems that you have several people playing on some kind of LAN (with the private addresses) and you connecting from the outside
Most of the time this can work if at least one of the players has a forwarded public ip:port pair and all of the players connect using this ip and port. With some routers there can be problems with this, though.
The most reliable way now is to use some kind of VPN, like hamachi or evolve ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =53&t=7714 ).

If you need more help with this, please open a thread in the Technical help section and also post a Log file from the failed connection attempt.

testasdf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by testasdf »

I have a question:
Are most replay bugs in singleplayer mode also replicable in multiplayer as a desync? I think they should be similar.
If I played Factorio enough to crash the replay one time, there is likely already a new version. If yes I may just ignore them. If no, it seems there is very little chance those bugs are reported by anyone.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

So this is little bit outdated already, I'm moving this to resolved problems and bugs :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”