What can I do? A stream?

Things that are not directly connected with Factorio.
TurkleTrenox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

What can I do? A stream?

Post by TurkleTrenox »

Long story short, I need money to pay a operation for my mom, but still struggling to find a job, tried to help my brother making custom coffee cups, very slow, so I decided to stream on twitch every night until I got the money to help her.
Well thanks for reading I'll put the link and dates once I finished to make the account.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What can I do? A stream?

Post by ptx0 »

it's probably an unpopular opinion but streamers spend a lot of time perfecting their craft and pulling in an audience - i'm not saying you can't, but it's probably not going to happen in the time frame you are hoping for.

it would probably be best to play less factorio if money is your primary concern.

TurkleTrenox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TurkleTrenox »

Thanks dude, I'll keep trying finding a job

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

my man, i didn't mean to discourage you. that is the last thing you need right now is someone telling you not to try. i just wanted to make sure you are not putting all of your eggs into the one basket. i wish you luck!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

From my experience, getting a job is statistically the most efficient way to earn money. Not always the fastest, but the most reliable. However attractive the other ways are, in the end, the job always seem to win.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Koub wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:11 am
From my experience, getting a job is statistically the most efficient way to earn money. Not always the fastest, but the most reliable. However attractive the other ways are, in the end, the job always seem to win.
Depends where you live, and your physical condition. Been looking for a few years now, but not trying to make this about myself. Just saying sometimes getting a job isn't an option as messed up that is. I don't know where OP lives but I find smaller populations can be difficult, especially if you lack education. If you're able bodied and live in a big city jobs are usually pretty abundant, especially labor. Avoid sales jobs most of it is based on commission and if you have a short timeline it may not work out. And some companies are fraudulent.

Easiest bet is look on your local listings site for cash jobs, people needing help moving stuff, etc. Figure out what employment agencies are in your area, a lot of times you'll receive short-term contracts and sometimes they can lead to being hired. It's all minimum wage, and depending on your area that could be hard, but it's usually a pretty safe bet. Work is work.

TurkleTrenox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TurkleTrenox »

I went to 5 interviews now, and got pissed out that they use names from the only supermarkets in the country to gather people just to made them fall into a "piramidal business".
Job agencies are the worst, is sooo centralized, the only way to have a job good enough to help my mom at least 3 months then quit ,is to live in the capital, the fricking capital, two hours away with no traffic
And i have no studies or a good physical state to lift 20 Kg's wich doubles limit :C, i'm "ugly" due my dull voice
Forgot to mention corruption , but thats everywhere i guess XD

https://www.twitch.tv/turkle_trenox/ 11:00pm (GMT-5) BAD ENGLISH

I HATE MY LIFE, THANKS UNIVERSE TO ALLOW FACTORIO IS THIS TIMELINE!!

Edit: omg this was soooo relieving

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

I am not familiar with modern social media (what happened to aol), but was reading into Twitch a bit and there's a lot involved with it. I am guessing other viewing sites are similar.

https://influencermarketinghub.com/how- ... om-twitch/

The simplest way is by gaining subscriptions;
Twitch Subscriptions provide a recurring income to streamers. You can encourage your followers to subscribe to your channel for either $US4. 99, $9.99 or $24.99 per month. The money collected is split 50/50 between Twitch and the streamer .
I am not sure where you live but from the sounds of your writing you live in the east. Perhaps Russia. Or even the South considering your GMT-5 like Peru. Shrug, both have the same pay according to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... by_country

Russian/peruvian minimum wage 1-2$/H so at max 320$/month (no overtime/USD). To make the equivalent of that on twitch you need at least 128 paying subscribers at the lowest tier.

I don't write this to discourage you but I just don't understand the feasibility in it, especially given your 3 month time window. And with the payments being monthly rather then weekly it seems like a massive gamble. Least being paid per hour you know what you're getting at the end of the week.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Before you can start receiving subscriptions etc on Twitch you have to be an affiliate.

We’re looking for streamers who aren’t yet Partners, but who have at least 50 followers and over the last 30 days have have at least 500 total minutes broadcast, 7 unique broadcast days, and an average of 3 or more concurrent viewers.

Quite a low bar to be honest. As someone else mentioned however the streamer only gets £2.50 per subscription, on their own it's nothing, but the cumulative effect from many sure adds up. I don't feel it reasonable to start streaming and receive multiple subscriptions however, you'd be at the bottom of the page on Twitch after all. It would take time to start generating any real revenue, and I guess how long it takes depends on how well you ply the streaming trade.

I'm an affiliate but haven't enabled it as I stream just cos I can, Factorio + Repetitive Beats = Nirvana after all. I wouldn't discourage anyone from streaming, I've enjoyed meeting new people, and I'm sure there have been many rags to riches stories for Twitch streamers. Long term, go for it! It's not a short term solution in my eyes.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

drefk2000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drefk2000 »

I will never understand this. I need to pay for an operation? WTF?
I love my universal healthcare. Sure, we pay more in taxes but we never need to pay to stay alive. Yay Sweden

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

drefk2000 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:29 pm
I will never understand this. I need to pay for an operation? WTF?
I love my universal healthcare. Sure, we pay more in taxes but we never need to pay to stay alive. Yay Sweden
I can explain the American mind set to you.

See, America is the greatest country in the world.

As the greatest country in the world, obviously America does everything right.

It naturally follows that if some other country, or even every other country, does something a different way, it's because they're doing it wrong, for presumably some weird foreign reason.
  • Crappy slow trains and poor public transit in America? As God intended.
  • Health insurance bankrupts you? That's the American way.
  • Only two candidates with a realistic chance for any election? Hey, it's because we do it right.
  • Mass shootings and school shootings all the time? Hey, price of freedom, man.
America is the country-level equivalent of what programmers call Not Invented Here syndrome.

--Signed, an American who lives in Germany trying to give his kids a better future.

Return to “Off topic”