Building doesn't show up in blueprints or when pressing Q

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Building doesn't show up in blueprints or when pressing Q

Post by AngledLuffa »

There's a mod I've been playing, Natural Evolution Buildings / Enemies, where one of the buildings doesn't show up in blueprints or when pressing Q over the building. Artifact collector, in case anyone is familiar with the mod. What could cause a building to have such issues?

The original mod author posted that they were taking some time off, so I was thinking of at least making the change for myself locally.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Building doesn't show up in blueprints or when pressing Q

Post by Pi-C »

It's weird! I fixed the Bio-Cannon in Bio Industries by adding "placeable_by = {item = "bi-bio-cannon-area", count = 1}," to the definition of "-- Bio Cannon Artillery" in prototypes/Bio_Cannon/entity.lua. NE Buildings defines the same entity, I've added the same thing, but I can't blueprint it.

In case you wonder: Bio Cannon and Artifact Collector are different, but basically the same thing -- combined entities, build from an item that will result in an overlay when placed ("entity-area") and return the item when mined. So, adding "placeable_by = {item = "ne-artifact-collector-area", count = 1}," to the definition of the entity "ne-artifact-collector" should make it blueprintable -- but for some reason it doesn't.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

@Pi-C

I saw you mention in one of the mods that you were working on a new version. Is it close to ready? Maybe I could take a look and see if I can figure out the Q issue.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Try the other way around, have the item specify a place_result.

You also need to set the blueprintable flag, which can't be set directly but only thought iirc player_created. And then you have to turn off again the other flags player_created turns on if you don't want them.

Return to “Modding help”