What mods go well with bob's mods?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

What mods go well with bob's mods?

Post by Mur »

I am trying to figure out if there are any good mods that go with the bob's collection of mods that I should use for my game. I would like some endgame stuff to extend my game too.

Currently I use

-Bottleneck
-Even Distribution
-Space Extension Mod
-Squeak Though
-Robot Replacer
-Quality of Life Research

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What mods go well with bob's mods?

Post by bobingabout »

Depends if you want the "Pure bobs" experience, or just want to load a bunch of other mod packs on top of it.

Personally, I stick to true Bob's as much as I can to keep it all straight in my mind.

But if you use the Attack Drones in Warfare mod, and want to be able to control them RTS style, get Klonan's "Unit Control" mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:19 pm
Depends if you want the "Pure bobs" experience, or just want to load a bunch of other mod packs on top of it.

Personally, I stick to true Bob's as much as I can to keep it all straight in my mind.

But if you use the Attack Drones in Warfare mod, and want to be able to control them RTS style, get Klonan's "Unit Control" mod.
I have done a pure bob's mod run a few times and I am looking what else I can do to add a bit more. (P.S. I would like to thank you for all the work you put into it, its the best mod, reminds me of a better version of Dytech of old)

I will check out your suggestion.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mur wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 pm
reminds me of a better version of Dytech of old
I'll admit that my mods started out as an "over-DyTech" kinda like how many other mods like Angels are an "Over-Bobs"

by that I mean, mods to extend Dytech, like... Back in 0.9 you gained Ores in DyTech by mining asteroids that crashed... a big asteroid would give you like... 10 ores.
and you'd try and build anything, and it would want 50 tungsten... no way in hell you could build anything.
So my first mod was to add ore fields for DyTech (and FMod) ores.
The next thing was... WTF is this Lava magic? so I added methods to refine those ores, still giving the same Metals that DyTech used.

And it went on from there, Evolving into it's own set quite quickly, because instead of updating his mods for each release of the game, DySoch instead decided to just, write a whole new set of mods.
My mods started to really take their own shape around 0.12.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by khalismur »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:03 am
Mur wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 pm
reminds me of a better version of Dytech of old
I'll admit that my mods started out as an "over-DyTech" kinda like how many other mods like Angels are an "Over-Bobs"

by that I mean, mods to extend Dytech, like... Back in 0.9 you gained Ores in DyTech by mining asteroids that crashed... a big asteroid would give you like... 10 ores.
and you'd try and build anything, and it would want 50 tungsten... no way in hell you could build anything.
So my first mod was to add ore fields for DyTech (and FMod) ores.
The next thing was... WTF is this Lava magic? so I added methods to refine those ores, still giving the same Metals that DyTech used.

And it went on from there, Evolving into it's own set quite quickly, because instead of updating his mods for each release of the game, DySoch instead decided to just, write a whole new set of mods.
My mods started to really take their own shape around 0.12.
Your mods are awesome!
After quite a few playthroughs of vanilla from 0.15 onwards I wanted something more from factorio. First one I tried was IR, which was good in the early-game but things went a bit downhill and it felt hushed on late-game. Then I played Krastorio, which was good but a bit too simple still. From that I tried pYmods, which were too complex and not fun (though I admin I'll give it another shot in the future). Finally I played bobs and it hits the spot in terms of complexity balance.

On topic: I recommend some QoL mods in addition to the ones you listed:
-FNEI
-Helmod
-LTN
-widechests (to use in train stations, avoiding a good amount of loading/unloading circuits)
-Waterfill (I use it sparingly for asthetics and to avoid frustration when large power plants lack water, if you use for defense it feels very overpowered)
-Belt Balancer (again it can feel cheaty but it does make balancing lanes, merging and splitting main bus, as well as train station designs MUCH MUCH cleaner and smaller. it does consume a very considerable amount of cpu-time though, but then again, so do gigantic splitter contraptions)

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Just to have the obvious candidates mentioned, too: Angel's mods. They are more than just "a bit more", but they work fairly well with Bob's mods.

Return to “Bob's mods”