[0.17] RSO Settings [Resource][Enemy] Tabs

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17] RSO Settings [Resource][Enemy] Tabs

Post by i_i »

So in Layman terms the spread of Resources and Enemies are spread out Exponentially where Few in the center and More Far.
Compared to Vanilla generation it's more of a shotgun Blast peppered evenly through out the map.

My Question is does it NEGATE the values [Resource][Enemy] Tabs in the initial World generation from the vanilla cause your mod Supersedes and overlaps the vanilla settings; rendering it useless to try to adjust the settings, because they are no longer applied? so doing a lot of effort in adjusting your preference it's all for not or MOOT and just leave the settings in these tabs unchanged cause it is irrelevant?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] RSO Settings [Resource][Enemy] Tabs

Post by orzelek »

I'm not sure if thats what you are asking about but map settings are still taken into account.
With one change that is described on RSO mod page - frequency works slightly differently for resources:
Information page wrote: Important - frequency of resources works differently with RSO active. Frequency set in map settings menu will make resource more or less frequent in comparison to other resources. Enemy base frequency works normally (there will be more or less bases based on setting).

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17] RSO Settings [Resource][Enemy] Tabs

Post by i_i »

orzelek wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:50 pm
I'm not sure if thats what you are asking about but map settings are still taken into account.
With one change that is described on RSO mod page - frequency works slightly differently for resources:
Information page wrote: Important - frequency of resources works differently with RSO active. Frequency set in map settings menu will make resource more or less frequent in comparison to other resources. Enemy base frequency works normally (there will be more or less bases based on setting).
Vanilla Map Generation there are settings you can change. since it's changes RESOURCE & Enemy didn't know to which degree. so your new Calculations take account the info you set at the beginning and the MOD Settings 3 tabs

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”