[0.17.79] Game froze on quit

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.79] Game froze on quit

Post by JasonC »

I pressed the Quit button from the in game menu and the game just completely froze (except for the pointer). The quit button was frozen in the bright orange click state.

I have never, ever seen Factorio hang before (I go back at least to 0.12.x). I don't really have any other information. The process showed no I/O activity or significant CPU activity, and memory usage was reasonable (~ 2GB). Factorio 0.17.79, Windows 10 (a relatively fresh install), Lenovo P73 w/ plenty of RAM and free drive space.

The log is attached, although it doesn't appear particularly useful. Here also is a list of running threads, which is about all I could get:

factorio-crash-on-quit-threads.png
factorio-crash-on-quit-threads.png (589.28 KiB) Viewed 1741 times

The save file (I had saved just before quitting) is too big to attach but I can put it on Dropbox if needed.
Attachments
factorio-crash-on-quit-current.log
(11.1 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Game froze on quit

Post by JasonC »

This is definitely not "Technical Help"... weird move.

To anybody confused about finding this here: This was posted to Bug Reports. I'm not really looking for any input or answers. So don't look too hard for a question mark.
Last edited by JasonC on Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If you can reproduce this in the latest version let us know, but this is not crashing in factorio nor is it the latest version.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Loewchen wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:44 pm
If you can reproduce this in the latest version let us know, but this is not crashing in factorio nor is it the latest version.
Then put it in Pending, Not A Bug, or Won't Fix where it belongs... or just lock and delete it.

It certainly crashed in Factorio.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

If it happens again, can you create minidump in Process Explorer and upload it here? I'd be interested to see what exectly did it hang on.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

posila wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:18 am
If it happens again, can you create minidump in Process Explorer and upload it here? I'd be interested to see what exectly did it hang on.
Yes.

Sorry, haven't played or checked forums in a minute, work has been hectic, and also Animal Crossing, lol. However, I see your message here, and if I ever run into it again, or any other freeze, I'll get the dump from PE for you.

J

Return to “Pending”