Are there any remaining "breaking" changes for 1.0? (such as different map gen/recipes)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Xarovin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Are there any remaining "breaking" changes for 1.0? (such as different map gen/recipes)

Post by Xarovin »

If I was to make a start now, are most of the features final, and it's only graphical tweaks and similar they'd be working on?

I've been waiting to do a vanilla belt only megabase for ages, but have been waiting for the 1.0 release since it'll likely span longer than a release cycle. I don't fancy having a line where map generation has changed after 1.0, or certain factories not working because recipe counts have changed, stuff like that.
On the roadmap, it says "Final game balancing", which I don't know if that means recipies or smaller things such as damage/speed.

If the majority of things are actually final, I may make a start today :)

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Are there any remaining "breaking" changes for 1.0? (such as different map gen/recipes)

Post by DaveMcW »

The breaking recipe changes were made during the 0.16 -> 0.17 upgrade, so there are unlikely to be any more.

Map generation has changed in every release, so I would not count on that. But if you generate the entire map before upgrading, there will be no new chunks to worry about.

Xarovin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Are there any remaining "breaking" changes for 1.0? (such as different map gen/recipes)

Post by Xarovin »

Map generation has changed in every release, so I would not count on that. But if you generate the entire map before upgrading, there will be no new chunks to worry about.
Oh that's a bit annoying, my intention is to constantly explore to grab the ever expanding resources, so generating everything isn't really an option. I may just have to plan my base in creative and wait another few months I guess, cheers for the reply :)

dimm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dimm »

Obliterator2 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:15 pm
to constantly explore
Just stay on the same version of Factorio

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:41 am
Bad thing about that is that it might break new resources.

Dont remember which version it was (think it was when they changed the steam boiler) , but it was extremly hard to find new resources and map generation was just stupid.
Very hard cut to the newly generated chunks (woods to bone dry desert)

Anyway, just build a base. Abandon it, delete the savegame and start over.

Return to “General discussion”