Mod Folders

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mysticdreamer76
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod Folders

Post by mysticdreamer76 »

It would be really amazing if there was a way to save sets of different mods to mod folders. then you could activate them, or deactivate them easily, and without confusion. Especially if you play multiple games all with different mods.

So for example, user creates folder Game1 -> all the bobs/angels mods, new folder Krastorio -> All the mods you use with Krastorio. etc.

The game would also know which mods *should* be active on login, and ask if you want to enable them. Can't tell you how many times I get in game, and it deactivates all the clowns mod recipes because we don't use those in the game I'm playing with my friends.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mod Folders

Post by Koub »

Not as practical as your suggestion, but you can achieve that with different game folders, with the standalone zip game downloaded from the website.
Bear in mind that a mod set can be incompatible with the lase version of Factorio, so it's less practical on first glance, but actually more efficient, in tha tyou can have the Factorio you want for whatever (Factorio version+mods) experience you want.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

You can have as many mod folders as you want.
Start Factorio with

Code: Select all

D:\Factorio\bin\x64\factorio.exe "--mod-directory" "D:\Factorio\mods - angelbob" 

Cool Tool
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Better Help In mod Select For Difrent Gameplay

Post by Cool Tool »

If i now start a game whit 10 mods that i like, so later on i whant to start a new game whit 50 dif, mods and maybe some of the 10 i use in my first game, i have now to turn all off and all i need on. later i whant to play det last game, i need to go turn all mods on and off, u all understand, is it possible to make that more easy? that will make me happy,,, love the game,,

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moved to same suggestion — ssilk

See posts above to eventually fix that problem yourself. But, yes, I wish that could be made a bit easier...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

Optera wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:02 am
You can have as many mod folders as you want.
Start Factorio with

Code: Select all

D:\Factorio\bin\x64\factorio.exe "--mod-directory" "D:\Factorio\mods - angelbob" 
Didn't know this was an option. I just replace the standard folder with a junction to whatever folder I want to use for each game. There is an addon for file manager that adds options to the 'right click' menu to do this quickly. Search for 'Link Shell Extension' online. Works great.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”