Hydrogen, or Hydrogen

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Hydrogen, or Hydrogen

Post by TheTom »

What do you guys do with all the hydrogen?

I have now 3 production lines that emit hydrogen on the side and no sink. The one use of hydrogen i have active is HydrogenChloride, but that is hardly a sink given it just uses up the hydrogen created splitting salt water ;(

I am still early, just researching first reactors and dealing with tier 3. Is there any serious hydrogen sink showing up later?

I store up Hydrogen in 2 LTN providers so far (one in my chemical area, one in the refinery area which also houses a large oxygen generation for sulphuric acid) and I wonder whether they will find any use later on.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Hydrogen, or Hydrogen

Post by bobingabout »

TheTom wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:38 am
What do you guys do with all the hydrogen?

I have now 3 production lines that emit hydrogen on the side and no sink. The one use of hydrogen i have active is HydrogenChloride, but that is hardly a sink given it just uses up the hydrogen created splitting salt water ;(

I am still early, just researching first reactors and dealing with tier 3. Is there any serious hydrogen sink showing up later?

I store up Hydrogen in 2 LTN providers so far (one in my chemical area, one in the refinery area which also houses a large oxygen generation for sulphuric acid) and I wonder whether they will find any use later on.
With pure bobs mods, research the Fluid burning boiler, and use a few of them in your power plant with hydrogen as the fuel. With angels mods, I'm not sure.
Alternatively, you could combine it with Coal to make solid fuel, it burns cleaner than coal.

There are many other uses for it, but I guess it also depends what other mods you're actually using too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Bob pure.

Yeah, burning. So far I make my solid fuel from all the leftovers of the oil refinery step - and with Nuclear just now coming up, I am starting to rely less on fuel.

So, outside of burning it (directly or via solid fuel) there is no real (i.e. high throughput) sink in? Thanks ;) I was worried I overlook something.

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

You can turn all your Hydrogen into Hydrazine -> rocket fuel or just vent into space using a gas vent. If you are using vents put a overflow valve before it so that it will only vent if the tank is almost full.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, the big one that comes later is probably using it for Hydrazine, or Rocket Fuel, but other than that, Venting it is an option.
I also have a Patreon.

grumpy_hedgehog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by grumpy_hedgehog »

You can burn hydrogen? I'm a total newb and rushed fluid burners to have an outlet for all the hydrogen I'm generating, but it says the fluid value is 0 Joules?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

grumpy_hedgehog wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 am
You can burn hydrogen? I'm a total newb and rushed fluid burners to have an outlet for all the hydrogen I'm generating, but it says the fluid value is 0 Joules?
Angel's mods make it so you can't burn hydrogen, otherwise you should be able to.
I also have a Patreon.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:45 am
grumpy_hedgehog wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 am
Angel's mods make it so you can't burn hydrogen, otherwise you should be able to.
I added this back in for angels in February, so it is there, if not you can activate the converter valves and have at it.

Return to “Bob's mods”