Information about releases and roadmap.
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.18.13

Post by Bilka »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 pm
The entire set of GUI graphical elements - buttons, corners, frames - is contained in a single sprite sheet. The game can only refer to one of these gui element template files at once.
As far as I know, you can specify the gui image file through https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/Element ... r#filename or directly in the sprites, for example in the "center" property. Some of the base game styles use the filename property, for example "drop_target_button".
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm
As far as I know, you can specify the gui image file through https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/Element ... r#filename or directly in the sprites, for example in the "center" property. Some of the base game styles use the filename property, for example "drop_target_button".
Never noticed that. Good to know.

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm
LuziferSenpai wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:59 pm
FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:07 pm
Removed the utility slots (to create blueprint, book etc) from blueprint library as it is now available directly through quick tools menu.
Pls add support for Custom RGB and other Style like no Background and images for the quickbar! Otherwise you will break a lot of mods and dont give them a nice option for custom Tools.
Does that mean all custom selection tools need to implement an extra button in the overcrowded shortcut menu now? That would be rather unfortunate for things that aren't used that often (i.e. a screenshot area selection tool).
Yep thats what it means ;)
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:51 pm
Screenshot_20200317_091911.png

literally unplayable
If I understood this correctly in the past, it means that HTML file has been modified by you or something else. As far as I know, the only way to fix it is to just download the whole game again instead of only the differential patch.

Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cutemine »

I have now played quite a bit with the new gui and I like it, but it has some drawbacks as well...

Good:
  • style (looks good and consistent)
  • request and trash amout slider is nice!
  • enable/disable of logistics!e
  • color coded request status
  • unlimited requests
Neutral:
  • crafting and logistics is no longer visible at the same time. Both options had their good and bad sides, and after getting used to the new one don't mind either way.
Bad:
  • request get cluttered with items which should only be trashed and aren't of interest, also it is hard to order the items when you add something later – easily fixable by either allowing (custom?) categories, autosorting like the invenory or using the same layout as the crafting menu.
  • logistics requests require one additional click (fist the slot and then the item) – it could in most cases directly siwtch to the item cooser.
  • there is no way "back" from the opened armor eqipment grid
  • you still have to deselect whatever you have in your hand bevore you can select the deconstruction planner from the quickbar
In general: great job! Just a bit of polishing and it will be an awesome job!

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

herkalurk wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:25 pm
brunzenstein wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:22 pm
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:17 pm
Why did we have to remove the ability to create a blueprint, from the blueprint menu? I'm not sure how it's helpful that when you hit B only the ability to create a blueprint book is available. Alt+B is OK, but why need an extra key?
I find the current solution perfect
I don't find it unperfect, but grouping all of the blueprint options together under a menu opened by the B key seemed simple and elegant to me, as opposed to only separate key commands for each time (blueprint, upgrade, deconstruct).
you literally have that at the bottom of your screen without having to press any buttons

Khagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khagan »

Cutemine wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:25 pm
I have now played quite a bit with the new gui and I like it, but it has some drawbacks as well...
[...]
request get cluttered with items which should only be trashed and aren't of interest, also it is hard to order the items when you add something later – easily fixable by either allowing (custom?) categories, autosorting like the invenory or using the same layout as the crafting menu.
+1. Either give us the ability to reorder logistics requests manually just by dragging, or autosort to match inventory order.

peternlewis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by peternlewis »

+1.

And for the auto-sort, could you auto-sort the blueprints to the end please? In the middle is just plain weird.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

peternlewis wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:36 am
+1.

And for the auto-sort, could you auto-sort the blueprints to the end please? In the middle is just plain weird.
+1

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Khagan wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:50 am
Cutemine wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:25 pm
[...]
request get cluttered with items which should only be trashed and aren't of interest, also it is hard to order the items when you add something later – easily fixable by either allowing (custom?) categories, autosorting like the invenory or using the same layout as the crafting menu.
+1. Either give us the ability to reorder logistics requests manually just by dragging, or autosort to match inventory order.
+1 The one thing that i hated most about the old auto-trash slots was that they couldn't be ordered. I always had my logistic requests sorted by category. I.e. one row of inserters, one row of crafting machines, one row of belts, etcpp.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

Shingen wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:08 am
Why did we have to remove the ability to create a blueprint, from the blueprint menu? I'm not sure how it's helpful that when you hit B only the ability to create a blueprint book is available. Alt+B is OK, but why need an extra key?
I don't find it unperfect, but grouping all of the blueprint options together under a menu opened by the B key seemed simple and elegant to me, as opposed to only separate key commands for each time (blueprint, upgrade, deconstruct).
you literally have that at the bottom of your screen without having to press any buttons
It's more efficient as a key command then your mouse doesn't move to the bottom of the screen to then move back to the middle.

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:29 pm
It's more efficient as a key command then your mouse doesn't move to the bottom of the screen to then move back to the middle.
but... what you want to be able to do again is to press B AND THEN move your mouse from the middle of the screen to the top-right and back, how is that more efficient than moving it to the bottom and back without having to press anything?

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 pm
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:29 pm

but... what you want to be able to do again is to press B AND THEN move your mouse from the middle of the screen to the top-right and back, how is that more efficient than moving it to the bottom and back without having to press anything?
If you're mouse is already in the center of the screen then you open the menu, which is in the center, maybe move the mouse a few inches to whichever button you want(blueprint or upgrade), then most likely you are already centered on what you want to blueprint, so again, only a couple inches. Not sure about you but I have a big monitor, so being able to keep my mouse fairly centered is much simpler.

Artyom
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Artyom »

Changes
  • Removed the utility slots (to create blueprint, book etc) from blueprint library as it is now available directly through quick tools menu.
But wait, the shortcut bar actions to work with blueprints (create book, for example) is available only if Construction robotics technology is opened. What should I do at the beginning of the game?
Last edited by Artyom on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leoch »

freeafrica wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:18 pm
Gui

Changes
  • Personal logistics are now unlocked by a single research. This unlocks personal logistic requests and auto trash(unlimited count), plus 30 character trash slots.
After upgrading there is no `Logistics` tab in my character screen, however `Logistic robotics` item is already researched. This appears after loading a game where I haven't had any trash/personal logistics researched (yet) and allowing migrations to be done after load.

Is it possible that the migrations do not handle the special case where `Logistic robotics` is already researched but none of the personal/trash research-item is done when loading the game?

Let me know if I can attach any kind of migration/upgrade log...

EDIT: also in the `L`-menu (logistics networks) the personal network is present, the character showing up as a `Member` of the network.
I also hit this problem (though with some of the slot upgrades in my case, and quite a few mods). Is there a migration fix?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

leoch wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:14 pm
Is there a migration fix?
From the log for 0.18.14
Fixed Character GUI missing logistics tab due to missing technology migration. (82445)

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leoch »

I already have 0.18.17. But thanks for the reference.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

Artyom wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:46 pm
Changes
  • Removed the utility slots (to create blueprint, book etc) from blueprint library as it is now available directly through quick tools menu.
But wait, the shortcut bar actions to work with blueprints (create book, for example) is available only if Construction robotics technology is opened. What should I do at the beginning of the game?
This is especially weird since the hotkeys (like alt B) still work for creating blueprints.

Return to β€œReleases”