[0.15.5] No confirmation prompt on deleting a blueprint book

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.5] No confirmation prompt on deleting a blueprint book

Post by Koub »

nonetheless, I think it shouldn't be that easy to delete a blueprint book. I have already lost 2 blueprint books with all my blueprints just because I find the interface unintuitive, and I delete the blueprint book when I'm only trying to delete the blueprint. I found a very elegant solution to the issue : I don't use books any more. Problem solved.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Koub wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:45 pm
nonetheless, I think it shouldn't be that easy to delete a blueprint book. I have already lost 2 blueprint books with all my blueprints just because I find the interface unintuitive, and I delete the blueprint book when I'm only trying to delete the blueprint. I found a very elegant solution to the issue : I don't use books any more. Problem solved.
I've lost blueprints too by accident, it's not just books. There really should be an undo there or better a trash can with deleted blueprints.

akulla
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Blueprint Delete Confirmation Dialog

Post by akulla »

TL;DR
Make a confirmation dialog box before deleting a blueprint/blueprint book.
What ?
This comes from me accidentally deleting a blueprint book, thinking that the delete button would apply to a blueprint I was holding, instead of the whole book. Admittedly, the hovertext does say "destroy blueprint book", but I was in a hurry and missed it.
Why ?
Blueprint books contain a lot of work and it would be nice if such a destructive action had a guard rail for the user.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.

Fishy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fishy »

At least a prompt for deleting a blueprint or book from a quickbar shortcut. It is not obvious what will happen from the quickbar.

MartinHartz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Confirm Deletion of blueprint book

Post by MartinHartz »

Code: Select all
TL;DR
Implant a pop-up confirmation to avoid accidental deletion of blueprint books.
Confirm Deletion of blueprint book
I suggest that there should be a pop-up window to hinder accidental deletion of blueprint books.
Possibly, whenever the libary tries to erase a book, it triggers a pop-up in which you have to confirm the erasure of the blueprint book.

here's an example of how this pop-up could look like:
Factorio Suggestion Confirm delete.png
Factorio Suggestion Confirm delete.png (25.68 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
download/file.php?mode=view&id=58322
(the original pop-up is of "The game has not been saved, are you sure you want to quit to the main menu?")
Why ?
I was experiencing this very cruel accident.
I was making a new blueprint book, accidentally deleted it, leaving a red cross on the toolbar, that said "The target of this shortcut to the blueprint libary is no longer present.".
Being a man of habit, i moved my favorite blueprint book over to the cross thinking it would create a new shortcut.
As you can probely figure out, it ended up deleting the book with my favorite blueprints. Nobody wanna read about the words of a angry person, so i shall keep it short. It's VERY frustating, and it could be avoided by a pop-up confirmation.
Implanting it will decrease other players frustations, especially new ones, and make the game look more professional.
Factorio Suggestion Why.png
Factorio Suggestion Why.png (3.4 MiB) Viewed 3472 times
download/file.php?mode=view&id=58322
TL;DR of Why
decreases accidents and player frustation.
Last edited by MartinHartz on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.

J-H
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Blueprint deletion

Post by J-H »

Something is wonky with blueprint deletion. I discovered an obsolete blueprint in my blueprint book (about 20-30 blueprints). I used the shift+scroll wheel method to select it as "active blueprint", which by the way is a mechanic not used anywhere else in the control scheme, and then when I hit "Delete" my entire book of blueprints disappeared.

Very frustrating.

I suggest a click-and-drag-to-trash mechanic for deleting old BPs instead of something that's apparently easy to mis-use to delete all of a player's BPs.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Blueprint deletion

Post by Rseding91 »

That's not a bug. You clicked delete on the blueprint book and it deleted the blueprint book.

You open the bleueprint itself and click delete inside that GUI if you want to delete an individual one.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Merged with continuously growing requests :twisted:

I also point to Rsedings post about three years ago
viewtopic.php?p=292069#p292069

And from my professional point of view as web application programmer I must say, that the blueprints and especially the blueprint book has some design flaws and need some love. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

This has been implemented. There's now a prompt (in v18) asking "if you are sure," when deleting a blueprint book.

Though I agree that it isn't that smart. I don't know whether I'm deleting a book from the library, or just my inventory. That could be done better.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ya, but not long ago; I didn’t update due to mod problems. moving to implemented.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EnerJi »

Dune wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:41 am
This has been implemented. There's now a prompt (in v18) asking "if you are sure," when deleting a blueprint book.

Though I agree that it isn't that smart. I don't know whether I'm deleting a book from the library, or just my inventory. That could be done better.
@ssilk

This could be much better handled. Wouldn't it be great if the prompt told you how many blueprints were in the book? e.g. "Are you sure you want to delete this Blueprint book? 14 included blueprints will also be deleted if you proceed."

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

EnerJi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 pm
Dune wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:41 am

@ssilk

This could be much better handled. Wouldn't it be great if the prompt told you how many blueprints were in the book? e.g. "Are you sure you want to delete this Blueprint book? 14 included blueprints will also be deleted if you proceed."
Indeed, feel free to make a dedicated suggestion :). The original one was been implemented.

EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EnerJi »

Koub wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Indeed, feel free to make a dedicated suggestion :). The original one was been implemented.
👍

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”