Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by evandy »

lovely_santa wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:34 am
Seems like a lovely design ^_^ I am not planning on making it positive, just balanced, like it is now. The ringing is most likely caused from all the buildings finishing at the same time, which can create some interesting design challenges (I'm liking it) ^_^ And I love your build!

First bugfixes are in order, once that's all done, I am planning on implementing the new fuel cell loop!
Glad you like the results of your own work! Took me forever to find a way to fit a 6th boiler in that line, until I hit on the idea of flipping some upside down to feed the other side.

PS: There's either something up with my use of Helmod, or its calculations, as it tells me that I shouldn't need to keep a purified-water plant around long term, but if I turn it off then the whole thing starts losing purified water... but I need less saline water than helmod thinks I should too. Something screwy, but this seems to be running just fine for now (fingers crossed it doesn't back up).

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

We now have a discord server dedicated to angels mods, you can come there to discuss the mods, showcase your creations. We still use the forums as main way to report bugs. Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/ff5p6KE.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

canisdirusleidy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canisdirusleidy »

By the way. Angel's Industries currently don't play nice with Realistic Power mod (which, by default, multiply cost of steam engines and turbines by 4):
Screenshot_2020-03-26_19-54-22.png
Screenshot_2020-03-26_19-54-22.png (144.29 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
The result is ambiguous: on the one hand almost 450 iron plates are expensive, for a start of the game, on the other hand, it give a reason to build steam powered miners and assembly machines.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

canisdirusleidy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 am
By the way. Angel's Industries currently don't play nice with Realistic Power mod (which, by default, multiply cost of steam engines and turbines by 4):
Screenshot_2020-03-26_19-54-22.png
The result is ambiguous: on the one hand almost 450 iron plates are expensive, for a start of the game, on the other hand, it give a reason to build steam powered miners and assembly machines.
We did make a general replacement script based on the vanilla recipes. As you can imagine, it is not easy to cope with all mods. We might fine tune this, but it would be best if such mods just add compatibility with angel.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Wumianzhe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wumianzhe »

With burner/steam assembling machines disabled, crafting specialized laboratories is impossible, since they require exploration block, which, in turn, requires weapon parts, and weapon parts can not be crafted by hand (which also makes researching assembling machine impossible, since it is processing tech)

trampek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trampek »

hello
any new ideas on how to play all Angels mods without new ores ? i found some info on net how make some changes inside angel mod and rso but from 2018 so i worry they outdated ...
this quite big problem for me, i dont want play with new ores but i really like other stuff, i played full Bob set many times and recently i gave Angel/Bob another try and after 30h i really likef everything but i cant help it and i want bob ores back :) so i went back to just bob and well i miss many of Angel stuff but i cant come back cos ores ... any help ?

mattybe06
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mattybe06 »

Hi Arch666Angel
excellent work on your mods amazing game play and time with them, and bobs, need some help if you have a min. I am trying to play your mods with out biters on a regular land map and no matter what i do the bio mod keeps requiring me to use crystal splinters for things. I have tried enabling bobs enemies and turning off everything in settings, yet it still requires me to have splinters for modules.

any help would be great thanks for the great work

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Wumianzhe wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:08 pm
With burner/steam assembling machines disabled, crafting specialized laboratories is impossible, since they require exploration block, which, in turn, requires weapon parts, and weapon parts can not be crafted by hand (which also makes researching assembling machine impossible, since it is processing tech)
Thanks for the report. This is fixed for the next release of industries.
mattybe06 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:50 pm
Hi Arch666Angel
excellent work on your mods amazing game play and time with them, and bobs, need some help if you have a min. I am trying to play your mods with out biters on a regular land map and no matter what i do the bio mod keeps requiring me to use crystal splinters for things. I have tried enabling bobs enemies and turning off everything in settings, yet it still requires me to have splinters for modules.

any help would be great thanks for the great work
You do not need biters for modules. You create biters eggs from puffer eggs and start breeding biters that way. You can perfectly play peacefull. As of now, there is even no way to obtain crystals from the biters that are attacking you.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

FYI, I had to zoom in all the way to tell these two apart on the advanced chem plant output. The white & red background does not help, but the molecules aren't quite distict enough in Acetone vs Phenol. They are both "black in the middle, red on the top, white on the outside."

Suggestion make one of them Black/White/Red, and the other Black/Red/White in the main fluid icons? Either that or rotate a molecule render.
Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 3.37.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 3.37.28 PM.png (264.04 KiB) Viewed 5282 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Next version is out! Find the changelog ingame for each mod, or find them all at once here on github! The crawler train has now been released as a seperate addon as some want to use it outside of angels. However, we added it as a prerequisite for angels industries, so it will still be part of it.
evandy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:38 pm
FYI, I had to zoom in all the way to tell these two apart on the advanced chem plant output. The white & red background does not help, but the molecules aren't quite distict enough in Acetone vs Phenol. They are both "black in the middle, red on the top, white on the outside."

Suggestion make one of them Black/White/Red, and the other Black/Red/White in the main fluid icons? Either that or rotate a molecule render.

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 3.37.28 PM.png
There are a few that still look alike, however it is much better than it was before. I'll focus on other parts for now, and maybe revisit this later.

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

Wood from Naphta recipe disabled in new release, but not listed in change log.

boards from paper recipe is so slow. Going to higher tires of paper making increase speed of paper production but last step paper->boards look way to slow.

Eelpi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eelpi »

Please remove brown algae from the green algae recipe 1.
Unless there's a way to get rid of items automatically like flare stacks and clarifiers the brown algae will eventually make the energy production stop unless the player manually gets rid of it somehow.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Eelpi wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 am
Please remove brown algae from the green algae recipe 1.
Unless there's a way to get rid of items automatically like flare stacks and clarifiers the brown algae will eventually make the energy production stop unless the player manually gets rid of it somehow.
It is organic, so you can put it in the composter to make compost for your wood farm. Don't expect to be making something optimal right of the start, that's not how angels work, you start with something that can work somehow, and as you progress you'll get less byproducts or increase productivity. So I won't remove it.
danyax wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:21 pm
Wood from Naphta recipe disabled in new release, but not listed in change log.

boards from paper recipe is so slow. Going to higher tires of paper making increase speed of paper production but last step paper->boards look way to slow.
Already had some reports about this in the previous release as well, it's just too OP. When you're at higher tiers of paper making, you can speed up the grey circuits with modules or just a bigger build. I won't make it faster for now, it looks around the same sized builds like the other circuits?

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

Hello fellow angels.

We are currently working on an ingame wiki based upon the krastorio 2's booktorio.
However its a lot of work to write this information and converting it into ingame. Since we as the developers are terrible content writers, we would love to see you guys help out in the wiki as well.

Currently our viewable version is in a google doc just so we have enough information/text to fill the ingame wiki. Later on we might ask for PullRequests. But for now we want to fill the google doc as much as possible and place that into the game.

If you want to help out you can checkout the google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2P ... YodyAS/pub

And if you want to contribute please head over to our discord https://discord.gg/ff5p6KE and trouble the devs in the #codex-gigas channel
Last edited by timboo07up on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toydarian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Circuits etc. not craftable in electronics assembling machine

Post by toydarian »

Hi!
I just realized, that the circuits and components are currently not craftable in the electronics assembling machine (orig. from Bob's Assembling Machines).
This applies to all circuits, boards and components (resistors, transistors) etc.
I'm not sure if this is intended or not ;)

Edit: Pull request https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/177

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Circuits etc. not craftable in electronics assembling machine

Post by lovely_santa »

toydarian wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 pm
Hi!
I just realized, that the circuits and components are currently not craftable in the electronics assembling machine (orig. from Bob's Assembling Machines).
This applies to all circuits, boards and components (resistors, transistors) etc.
I'm not sure if this is intended or not ;)

Edit: Pull request https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/177
Thanks for your contribution! We'll finalize and merge it when we have time (finishing up one thing before tackling a next)

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

timboo07up wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:55 am
If you want to help out you can checkout the google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lck ... sp=sharing
I did a bunch of minor edits yesterday, fixing spelling and grammar. Not sure why they were all rejected. Can you give some feedback please so we don't waste our time and yours?
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:30 am
timboo07up wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:55 am
If you want to help out you can checkout the google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lck ... sp=sharing
I did a bunch of minor edits yesterday, fixing spelling and grammar. Not sure why they were all rejected. Can you give some feedback please so we don't waste our time and yours?
Ah i have to open a previous version again. Since we have a generally writeable version and a "read only" version for public viewing.
Will restore the changes you did and incorperate those into the actual doc :)

After copying all your contributions i'll update the doc settings for it so no comments or whatever can be made on it. Sorry for the confusion.
Also update the link so it shows the html version (aka no edits/comments allowed). So if you want to get write access, let me know through the discord channel.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

The new release is up! Check the changelog ingame for each mod, or on github for all changes in one place!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Hey bro!!!
quesеion?
I am ready to help you in combining with the Krastorio 2 mod, let's try to make a miracle)). ready to take on a long test).
or mod xander 2
I really like your mods !!!

Return to “Angels Mods”