Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

JamesFire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by JamesFire »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:12 am
JamesFire wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:49 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 am
JamesFire wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:41 am
Since Refining disables thorium as a spawnable ore, are there any plans to have it obtainable somewhere, that isn't the 0.5% chance with uranium crystalization?
There is a dedicated thorium ore sorting recipe as well:
thorium.png
Is that available with just refining active? Cause I didn't have it about a week ago.
You are playing with bob mods right? So bob will add thorium-ore, if thorium ore is active, it will give you the ferrous and cupric refining ores, so yes, it should be active? Isn't it? Can you upload a save file (can be an empty save file) so I can sync my mods with yours?
I do not have ferrous and cupric ores. I am actively using thorium power, so it does exist. Started a new game, and they do exist, as does the direct thorium recipe. Migrations!

We previously did the mud stuff, so you know where to find me. Looks like cupric and ferric dust and chunks sorting output the same thing though.
Attachments
Santas test.zip
(3.55 MiB) Downloaded 101 times

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

After upgrading to the latest Angel's mods today (which updated smelting, refining, petrochem, industries and bioprocessing), my save is now in a state where I can't research 'Rocket Silo'. FWIW, when the upgrade happened I think I was actually researching that tech. Now, though, when looking through the tech tree, it looks like all prerequisites are researched, but the tech itself is still red.

Did I trigger a corner case in the migration code?

Save file: https://gofile.io/?c=bBzSNt

kyubiii01
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kyubiii01 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:12 am
kyubiii01 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 am
Hello,

With this new update of Angel's Industries was it intended to remove the entity of angels-assembling-machine-0?
Yes, sorry about that, all the assembling machines got removed, only the vanilla ones are in use now. The different tiers of assembling machines were not implemented correctly, so we decided to remove those and let you use the vanilla ones without restrictions. I could not migrate the assembling machines to use the vanilla ones, as the footprint is different, so sorry, I couldn't make sure it wouldn't break your existing base.
No problem, I was just starting to get how the new changes worked =P.....

Thank you!

Kritus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kritus »

Is it intended for the basic splitter to require 5 red circuits? Would likely be a lot more appropriate for it to instead require 5 grey circuits, or 1 red circuit if you really wanted to deny access to it for awhile. Possibly another oversight?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Kritus wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:44 pm
Is it intended for the basic splitter to require 5 red circuits? Would likely be a lot more appropriate for it to instead require 5 grey circuits, or 1 red circuit if you really wanted to deny access to it for awhile. Possibly another oversight?
Vanilla recipe requires 5 green circuits, so no change in the amount there.

Nicki297
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nicki297 »

hey, solder problem seems to be solved in the newes update nice!

but i've got another one...

i can't research the 2nd logistic research, which gives you the yellow conveyor belts.
It needs "Red Science Analyser" and "Basic Datacore".
But the is no Laboratory where i can input both of them...

do i overlook something?
edit: yes i do... there is another laboratory later, that can handle this

factoreo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by factoreo »

Hello there,

In my current playthrough (version 0.18.15, mods have the latest update) featuring Bob's Mods and Angel's (minus Bob's Classes, Angel's Bioprocessing, and Angel's Industries) I've run into an issue where production science packs require the vanilla chemical plant as a part of its ingredients but the vanilla chemical plant has had all recipes removed, making it impossible to craft production science packs. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

If it helps, here's a list of my current mods:

base
aai-programmable-structures
aai-programmable-vehicles
aai-signals
aai-vehicles-chaingunner
aai-vehicles-flame-tank
aai-vehicles-hauler
aai-vehicles-laser-tank
aai-vehicles-miner
aai-vehicles-warden
aai-zones
angelsaddons-oresilos
angelsaddons-pressuretanks
angelsaddons-warehouses
angelsinfiniteores
angelspetrochem
angelsrefining
angelssmelting
bobassembly
bobelectronics
bobenemies
bobequipment
bobgreenhouse
bobinserters
boblibrary
boblogistics
bobmining
bobmodules
bobores
bobplates
bobpower
bobrevamp
bobtech
bobvehicleequipment
bobwarfare
bullet-trails
clock
FNEI
rso-mod
Squeak Through

ydg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ydg »

Should chemical and metal mixing furnaces from Bob's require Block 2?

In case this is not intended, combining the current version (Industry 0.3.4) with Bob's Metals and its default settings yields chemical and metal mixing furnaces that requires steel to make (Construction Block 2) and a Casting Machine MK1 that does not require steel to make. In other words, to make steel in the "starter" way, it seems you would have to skip ahead to the more advanced blast and cast method, then back down to the simpler method.

Turning off New Steel in Bob's Metals works around this by letting the player make steel in regular, yellow furnaces by feeding in iron plates, i.e., without piping in oxygen.

I feel Angel's and Bob's have better continuity with New Steel turned off, as you get very simple and inefficient steel production first then later on can start piping oxygen into blast furnaces. Even so, it seems odd that Bob's pile-o-bricks furnaces jump to Block 2 while Angel's more advanced furnaces use Block 1

FWIW, I'm loving the components approach, has given Factorio a whole different feel to me (~600 hours in).

danyax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by danyax »

factoreo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:25 pm
Hello there,

In my current playthrough (version 0.18.15, mods have the latest update) featuring Bob's Mods and Angel's (minus Bob's Classes, Angel's Bioprocessing, and Angel's Industries) I've run into an issue where production science packs require the vanilla chemical plant as a part of its ingredients but the vanilla chemical plant has had all recipes removed, making it impossible to craft production science packs. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
Santa fixed it in dev branch, unfortunately current fix just replaces Bob chem plant with Angel one. While this viable way for normal mode, on expensive mode buildings have double cost/time to build which introduces undesirable imbalance. Moreover, if you use higher building cost/time modifier defined by startup setting, you are out of luck. My current 1200h base uses 10x, so I am busted with new update.

I would propose to not replace chem plant if option disable bob plants is not set. Or keep Mk1 Bob plant just for science pack in all cases

factoreo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by factoreo »

danyax wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 pm
factoreo wrote:
Hello there,

Santa fixed it in dev branch, unfortunately current fix just replaces Bob chem plant with Angel one. While this viable way for normal mode, on expensive mode buildings have double cost/time to build which introduces undesirable imbalance. Moreover, if you use higher building cost/time modifier defined by startup setting, you are out of luck. My current 1200h base uses 10x, so I am busted with new update.

I would propose to not replace chem plant if option disable bob plants is not set. Or keep Mk1 Bob plant just for science pack in all cases
Good to know it's at least somewhat fixed for normal mode soon; hopefully an optimal solution for your concerns can be found as well.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

ydg wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Should chemical and metal mixing furnaces from Bob's require Block 2?

In case this is not intended, combining the current version (Industry 0.3.4) with Bob's Metals and its default settings yields chemical and metal mixing furnaces that requires steel to make (Construction Block 2) and a Casting Machine MK1 that does not require steel to make. In other words, to make steel in the "starter" way, it seems you would have to skip ahead to the more advanced blast and cast method, then back down to the simpler method.

Turning off New Steel in Bob's Metals works around this by letting the player make steel in regular, yellow furnaces by feeding in iron plates, i.e., without piping in oxygen.

I feel Angel's and Bob's have better continuity with New Steel turned off, as you get very simple and inefficient steel production first then later on can start piping oxygen into blast furnaces. Even so, it seems odd that Bob's pile-o-bricks furnaces jump to Block 2 while Angel's more advanced furnaces use Block 1

FWIW, I'm loving the components approach, has given Factorio a whole different feel to me (~600 hours in).
We are aware of the issue and are thinking through some solutions to this. The issue is that with the components approach, replacing stone brick with block 2 means the added steel (keeping material tiers intact). A solution should be given in the next release cycle. I did not have the time to test all of the iterations of all of the settings for the new update (have you seen how many there are?). I am glad that you found a suitable fix by turning off the oxygen in steel recipe.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Nicki297 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:53 pm
hey, solder problem seems to be solved in the newes update nice!

but i've got another one...

i can't research the 2nd logistic research, which gives you the yellow conveyor belts.
It needs "Red Science Analyser" and "Basic Datacore".
But the is no Laboratory where i can input both of them...

do i overlook something?
edit: yes i do... there is another laboratory later, that can handle this
Yes.. It requires you to hand craft 192 science packs which is not ideal. This is fixed for the next release The automation now requires processing datacores, so it only requires the processing lab to be researched. Similar for logistics, this is behind the logistics lab now. Since it doesn't block progression (just makes it quite slow), we didn't put out a hot fix for this just yet. It will be released with the next hotfix or next release (whichever comes first)
factoreo wrote:
Hello there,

If it helps, here's a list of my current mods:
This was already reported on github and has been fixed for the next hotfix, which should be today or tomorrow. Like danyax said, this is not optimal yet.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

DrJones wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:37 pm
After upgrading to the latest Angel's mods today (which updated smelting, refining, petrochem, industries and bioprocessing), my save is now in a state where I can't research 'Rocket Silo'. FWIW, when the upgrade happened I think I was actually researching that tech. Now, though, when looking through the tech tree, it looks like all prerequisites are researched, but the tech itself is still red.

I've used console commands to enable the rocket-silo tech, only to discover that I have no recipe to make rocket fuel.

Am I the only one with this problem?

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

DrJones wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:50 pm
DrJones wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:37 pm

I've used console commands to enable the rocket-silo tech, only to discover that I have no recipe to make rocket fuel.

Am I the only one with this problem?
No you are not. This is fixed in the next release that will come tomorrow morning (aka in max 12 ish hours)
If you want to fix it directly you can use the following commands:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies["rocket-fuel"].researched = true
/c game.player.force.technologies["rocket-fuel"].researched = false

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

While everything was fine yesterday, I updated today the mods to the last version and now there is an error message :

Error while running setup for entity prototype "oil-refinery" (assembling machine): fast_replaceable_group must be set when next_upgrade is set.

angelspetrochem (0.9.5)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:03 am
While everything was fine yesterday, I updated today the mods to the last version and now there is an error message :

Error while running setup for entity prototype "oil-refinery" (assembling machine): fast_replaceable_group must be set when next_upgrade is set.

angelspetrochem (0.9.5)
What mod list are you using, must be a mod that is changing the oil refinery, it is loading for sure with angels and bob angels for sure... Keep in mind that the oil refinery is a base game item, so there is a real chance that another mod is altering it.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

When using bobmods, specifically bobs metals chemicals and intermediates, this mod breaks the game when loading if bobs pure water is not enabled.

This happens because of line 376 of prototypes/petrochem-override.lua, where the pure water recipe is hidden, it can be fixed surrounding that line with an if checking that the recipe exists

if data.raw["fluid"]["pure-water"] then
data.raw["fluid"]["pure-water"].hidden = true
end

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:09 am

What mod list are you using, must be a mod that is changing the oil refinery, it is loading for sure with angels and bob angels for sure... Keep in mind that the oil refinery is a base game item, so there is a real chance that another mod is altering it.
I tried to launch the game only with Angel's Refining - Smelting - Petrochem - Bio and the error window appeared ;)
I'm using Factorio 0.18.x latest experimental so it may come from this.

If i revert Petrochem back to 0.9.4, I can load my usual mod list whithout any problem and none of them are fiddling with refineries.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

triktor wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:32 am
When using bobmods, specifically bobs metals chemicals and intermediates, this mod breaks the game when loading if bobs pure water is not enabled.

This happens because of line 376 of prototypes/petrochem-override.lua, where the pure water recipe is hidden, it can be fixed surrounding that line with an if checking that the recipe exists

if data.raw["fluid"]["pure-water"] then
data.raw["fluid"]["pure-water"].hidden = true
end
Thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next release of petrochem. A quick workaround in the mean time is to manualy add the code as you're familiar with it, or for others that read this, just (temporary) enable bobs pure water in your settings.
Hyperbar00 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:37 am
lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:09 am

I tried to launch the game only with Angel's Refining - Smelting - Petrochem - Bio and the error window appeared ;)
I'm using Factorio 0.18.x latest experimental so it may come from this.

If i revert Petrochem back to 0.9.4, I can load my usual mod list whithout any problem and none of them are fiddling with refineries.
Thanks for the information, I could reproduce this now and it is fixed for the next release of petrochem. A quick workaround is to add this line to angelspetrochem/prototypes/buildings/oil-refinery.lua next to line 3:

data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery"].fast_replaceable_group = "oil-refinery"

factoriodan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by factoriodan »

Hi Guys,
Im really new to angels & bobs. So I apologise if this is a silly question but I cant seem to find any use for cellulose paste?

I have done a bunch of searching and im wondering if its just a left over recipe from older versions and so its no longer used?

Again sorry im super new to these mods!

Cheers,
Dan

Return to “Angels Mods”