Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

JamesFire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by JamesFire »

Since Refining disables thorium as a spawnable ore, are there any plans to have it obtainable somewhere, that isn't the 0.5% chance with uranium crystalization?

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

Disabled Bio and tried with both a new game and a loaded one, the problem still persists :)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

JamesFire wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:41 am
Since Refining disables thorium as a spawnable ore, are there any plans to have it obtainable somewhere, that isn't the 0.5% chance with uranium crystalization?
There is a dedicated thorium ore sorting recipe as well:
thorium.png
thorium.png (117.28 KiB) Viewed 5285 times
Hyperbar00 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:49 pm
Disabled Bio and tried with both a new game and a loaded one, the problem still persists :)
That is very strange... I'm still looking for what it could be...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

davetripd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by davetripd »

Arch666Angel wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 pm
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 pm
mrvn wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm trying to make fibreglass boards in Sea Block but could not find a way to make an assembler load the recipe so, after posting in Bob's, I dug some more and found this:

--CRAFTING
{...stuff..}
)
It's perfectly fine that you have ongoing work in the files - the problem that this particular way causes is that FNEI picks up the recipe but does not have a way to also pick up the enabled = "false".
Perhaps you could consider commenting out all work in progress instead of using a flag? I'll make a feature request for FNEI as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but enabled="false" means that the recipe isn't available by default. But some technology can unlock it. Specifically "Advanced Glass Smelting 3".
Yes, this one is tricky. Looks like, the recipe gets overridden in smelting-override-bob.lua and added to the tech-tree and the tech unlocks it and sets enabled to true. So it should be fine.
There are several recipe that are generated with an empty output and then filled later depending on mod configuration. The "enabled" variable just tells if an recipe is available for crafting or not, if it is not enabled it can be if it is added to an research and then researched. So research will do nothing else than set the enabled variable to true for all recipes defined in the technology.
Came here to post this, also in Seablock and unable to craft fibreglass boards. I can spawn the with console for now, is there a fix we can do?

tsojcanth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

No Glass plates in angelbioprocessing+angelsmelting

Post by tsojcanth »

Hi,
there's no way to make glass plates in angelssmelting, but the glass plates are required by angelsbioprocessing. Glass fiber is still doable though.

If I disable angelsbioprocessing, all I can smelt is copper, iron, and steel.

This is my mod list, running on 0.18.14:
"base",
"angelsbioprocessing",
"angelsexploration",
"angelsindustries",
"angelspetrochem",
"angelsrefining",
"angelssmelting",
"what-is-it-really-used-for"

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

davetripd wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:50 pm
Arch666Angel wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 pm
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 pm
mrvn wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm trying to make fibreglass boards in Sea Block but could not find a way to make an assembler load the recipe so, after posting in Bob's, I dug some more and found this:

--CRAFTING
{...stuff..}
)
It's perfectly fine that you have ongoing work in the files - the problem that this particular way causes is that FNEI picks up the recipe but does not have a way to also pick up the enabled = "false".
Perhaps you could consider commenting out all work in progress instead of using a flag? I'll make a feature request for FNEI as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but enabled="false" means that the recipe isn't available by default. But some technology can unlock it. Specifically "Advanced Glass Smelting 3".
Yes, this one is tricky. Looks like, the recipe gets overridden in smelting-override-bob.lua and added to the tech-tree and the tech unlocks it and sets enabled to true. So it should be fine.
There are several recipe that are generated with an empty output and then filled later depending on mod configuration. The "enabled" variable just tells if an recipe is available for crafting or not, if it is not enabled it can be if it is added to an research and then researched. So research will do nothing else than set the enabled variable to true for all recipes defined in the technology.
Came here to post this, also in Seablock and unable to craft fibreglass boards. I can spawn the with console for now, is there a fix we can do?
You should be able to craft it with metallurgy smelting from glass? If playing with components, it should be replaced now in the newest update.
tsojcanth wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:15 pm
Hi,
there's no way to make glass plates in angelssmelting, but the glass plates are required by angelsbioprocessing. Glass fiber is still doable though.

If I disable angelsbioprocessing, all I can smelt is copper, iron, and steel.

This is my mod list, running on 0.18.14:
"base",
"angelsbioprocessing",
"angelsexploration",
"angelsindustries",
"angelspetrochem",
"angelsrefining",
"angelssmelting",
"what-is-it-really-used-for"
It is quite a bug in bio processing atm... That's inbetween angels mode and the full overhaul mode... You could enable industries overhaul, which will give you all the recipes.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Kritus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kritus »

I believe there is an error in the recipe for the Assembly Machine 1 (granted by the Automation technology). It requires Electronics Block 1 to craft, instead of Electronics Block 0.

As it is right now, to build the Assembly Machine 1, you have to handcraft all of the science to research 6 different technologies (automation, basic solder smelting, red electronics, water treatment, brown algae processing, and paper making 1), which is pretty time consuming.

This seemed to work in the previous version (or maybe the Automation tech gave Assembly Machine 0 which required Electronics Block 0 to craft, either way, I could start automating pretty quickly instead of endlessly handcrafting science to tech up).

canisdirusleidy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canisdirusleidy »

Refining mod stopped working (after update to 0.11.5) with the following message: "Error while loading recipe prototype "solid-salt-from-saline" (recipe): Key "icon_size" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.solid-salt-from-saline".

timboo07up
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timboo07up »

Kritus wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:54 am
I believe there is an error in the recipe for the Assembly Machine 1 (granted by the Automation technology). It requires Electronics Block 1 to craft, instead of Electronics Block 0.

As it is right now, to build the Assembly Machine 1, you have to handcraft all of the science to research 6 different technologies (automation, basic solder smelting, red electronics, water treatment, brown algae processing, and paper making 1), which is pretty time consuming.

This seemed to work in the previous version (or maybe the Automation tech gave Assembly Machine 0 which required Electronics Block 0 to craft, either way, I could start automating pretty quickly instead of endlessly handcrafting science to tech up).
When playing with bobs, this does use the Electronics Block 0, without bobs electronics it needs the Electronics Block 1. Although annoying its confirm the upgrade (since in base game it needs green circuits). Will add it to the list of fixes we have to do.
canisdirusleidy wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:00 am
Refining mod stopped working (after update to 0.11.5) with the following message: "Error while loading recipe prototype "solid-salt-from-saline" (recipe): Key "icon_size" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.solid-salt-from-saline".
I could not reproduce this. I suspect another mod is trying to replace icons as well. Could you provide a modlist so we can figure out where your issue lies?

canisdirusleidy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by canisdirusleidy »

timboo07up wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:55 am
I could not reproduce this. I suspect another mod is trying to replace icons as well. Could you provide a modlist so we can figure out where your issue lies?
As it turned out, this is a conflict with the "MadClown01's Processing" mod (it's trying to change the icons for recipes "solid-salt" and "solid-salt-from-saline", plus use "solid-salt.png" icon for it's own recipe).

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 am
timboo07up wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:55 am
As it turned out, this is a conflict with the "MadClown01's Processing" mod (it's trying to change the icons for recipes "solid-salt" and "solid-salt-from-saline", plus use "solid-salt.png" icon for it's own recipe).
Reported.

Brookstone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Brookstone »

I have noticed that after I upgrade Angel's the new recipes on updated technology do not appear. How can I get them? An example would be with the electric boiler. I am unable to boil water but because I researched Electric Boiler 2 after the update, I can boil purified water.

I am only using Angels mods (Smelting, Petrochem, and refining)

Thanks in advance.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Brookstone wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:29 am
I have noticed that after I upgrade Angel's the new recipes on updated technology do not appear. How can I get them? An example would be with the electric boiler. I am unable to boil water but because I researched Electric Boiler 2 after the update, I can boil purified water.

Thanks in advance.
Oh yeah, I have to put migration in, there was migration in industries, hence why I didn't notice it. Since refining will have an update today, i'll put the tech tree fix in there.

Brookstone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Brookstone »

lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm
Brookstone wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:29 am

Thanks in advance.
Oh yeah, I have to put migration in, there was migration in industries, hence why I didn't notice it. Since refining will have an update today, i'll put the tech tree fix in there.
Thanks!!

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

Thanks for your work and the update, it solved one issue I mentionned : ceramic filters are now back :D
Edit : nevertheless I can't produce Alumina required for ceramic filters, there is no recipe existing for Alumina.
However still no way to research Steel 2 & 3. Whether I load Bio or not, I'm still asked for invisible prerequisites. Moreover, geodes still don't have any use.

I noticed that now flamethrower turrets use Angels' own fluids instead of Vanilla ones. Good thing, yet I had to remove all the heavy oil (provided by the converter valve) used by my turrets in my main base which was around 100k units, plus a fistul thousands units from my remote outpost :mrgreen:

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Hyperbar00 wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:14 pm
Thanks for your work and the update, it solved one issue I mentionned : ceramic filters are now back :D
Edit : nevertheless I can't produce Alumina required for ceramic filters, there is no recipe existing for Alumina.
However still no way to research Steel 2 & 3. Whether I load Bio or not, I'm still asked for invisible prerequisites. Moreover, geodes still don't have any use.

I noticed that now flamethrower turrets use Angels' own fluids instead of Vanilla ones. Good thing, yet I had to remove all the heavy oil (provided by the converter valve) used by my turrets in my main base which was around 100k units, plus a fistul thousands units from my remote outpost :mrgreen:
That alumina might be same reason as mentioned above, not having the migration. I can understand that geodes have no use in your playthrough, that's not a priority... I thought I did take care of the prerequisites... dunno if that's migration, guess we'll find out after tonight update...

JamesFire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JamesFire »

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 am
thorium.png
Is that available with just refining active? Cause I didn't have it about a week ago.

inkraja
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by inkraja »

There is a new mod conflict with the last update of bioprocessing (last day) thats affecting aai-vehicles, its also reported in erandels discord
__angelsbioprocessing__/graphics/icons/biter-crown.png

https://gyazo.com/37113a6596aa5f5000619ca23d4fee48

kyubiii01
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kyubiii01 »

Hello,

With this new update of Angel's Industries was it intended to remove the entity of angels-assembling-machine-0?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:49 pm
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 am
thorium.png
Is that available with just refining active? Cause I didn't have it about a week ago.
You are playing with bob mods right? So bob will add thorium-ore, if thorium ore is active, it will give you the ferrous and cupric refining ores, so yes, it should be active? Isn't it? Can you upload a save file (can be an empty save file) so I can sync my mods with yours?
inkraja wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:02 am
There is a new mod conflict with the last update of bioprocessing (last day) thats affecting aai-vehicles, its also reported in erandels discord
__angelsbioprocessing__/graphics/icons/biter-crown.png

https://gyazo.com/37113a6596aa5f5000619ca23d4fee48
As you see in the error message, the only mod that is getting disabled is AAI vehicles, he is not getting the icon_size property correctly out of the biter queen, there is nothing wrong with it in angel, everything is defined correctly. If this wasn't the case, it would add angels bio processing to the list of mods to disable.
kyubiii01 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 am
Hello,

With this new update of Angel's Industries was it intended to remove the entity of angels-assembling-machine-0?
Yes, sorry about that, all the assembling machines got removed, only the vanilla ones are in use now. The different tiers of assembling machines were not implemented correctly, so we decided to remove those and let you use the vanilla ones without restrictions. I could not migrate the assembling machines to use the vanilla ones, as the footprint is different, so sorry, I couldn't make sure it wouldn't break your existing base.

Return to β€œAngels Mods”