Alright, rockets have been launched what should I do next?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

cosh_83
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Alright, rockets have been launched what should I do next?

Post by cosh_83 »

I've been playing Factorio for the last few years every now and then after work. Right now I once more have a save file with about 80 hours on it. My rockets are starting to get launched one after the other and I´m optimizing everything wherever I can whilst also squashing the occasional bug whenever I can. It slowly is starting to get a bit stale. The game does reflect certain aspects of real life, such as the change in climate and the effects of it. Every time I look at the map I wonder if the pollution, which draws out the bugs, could be reduced in a sensible manner. In this particular run I've actually omitted the use of nuclear power in leu for building giant fields of batteries and solar panels. Now what I noticed in that run is also a lack of wind power, considering there does seem to be some form of air current existing. Hydrogen would also fit the bill of more ecological alternatives whilst staying in the industrial theme of the game. Furthermore facilities that reduce the amount of pollution that is generated, similar to efficiency modules, would also be something to consider implementing. Additionally since those alien bug hives seem to be capable of actively absorbing the pollution it would make sense that this effect could be researched in some shape or form. The entire game is in essence so far based on the concept of destroying and polluting the land in an industrial fashion, drying up rivers, removing or culling indigenous creatures with no intention of replacing them, sawing down entire swats of forest and kill anything that isn't you. I actually would be looking forward to a DLC that changes that, namely one themed around the idea of restoring the land and living in harmony with it, rather than trampling over it as we do now. It would fit the theme to a degree to not go to a planet, rip out all resources and leave a husk of a world behind in the process just to repeat that endlessly making the universe a trash heap of dead planets.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Alright, rockets have been launched what should I do next?

Post by Koub »

Quite off topic, but you should definitely try to space out your text, to make it more readable.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

It sounds like you've finished the game. You could start over, try some mods, or just play another game.

At some point there is an end. That is just how it is.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tamanous »

Many people start developing special solutions to certain problems and then discuss/share them in this forum. Maybe give this a try?

coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by coppercoil »

It looks you like to play "green". Is that the only interesting aspect for you? Can you betray ecology for some other goal? That's just a game and you don't need to be the right guy. You can choose some limitations (I don't use xxx, I use only yyy), you can try nuclear power because solar is way too easy, you can choose some specific factory architecture (outpost production for every single item, cell based railword, superlong trains only etc), you can learn circuits and build AI that controls everyting in some weird way, or you can just build X000 SPM megabase and face difficulties you couldn't even imagine.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”